Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2496 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1496199623962446248624942495249624972498250625462596 ... LastLast
Results 24,951 to 24,960 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Against my better judgment, I bought a Sprint Booster v.3 last fall, because the throttle response on my ZHP, unlike my 330xi’s, has always seemed slow. Installed it today, and I must say I’m under-whelmed by the difference. On race mode setting #9, I think the response is A LITTLE quicker. Of course, I relish the fact my car runs a teeny-tiny bit better, but I’m on the fence as to whether it was worth it.
    Tbh, I never really got why people like it so much. From what I can see, all it does is just change the voltages that is sent to the ECU. So that it's essentially mimicking you pushing the pedal harder. It's more like a SSK for the accelerator pedal, so you don't have to push the pedal down as far to get the same effect. I don't see how it affects throttle response at all. If anything, I feel like it would get marginally worst cause it has to go through the SB now to get to the ECU lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Tbh, I never really got why people like it so much. From what I can see, all it does is just change the voltages that is sent to the ECU. So that it's essentially mimicking you pushing the pedal harder. It's more like a SSK for the accelerator pedal, so you don't have to push the pedal down as far to get the same effect. I don't see how it affects throttle response at all. If anything, I feel like it would get marginally worst cause it has to go through the SB now to get to the ECU lol
    Agreed, though to be fair I've never tried one. Throttle response (delay between pedal application and engine revving up) isn't improved, you just get... more output as a result of your input. Which I guess feels better and is thus perceived as improved response.

It's basically a signal amplifier but I guess it is good at what it does. I do appreciate having valet modes and such, but the engineering behind it is really quite simple

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

well, the idiots like myself who don't fully understand the techy side of it appreciate the added FEEL of better response. its worth the money to find a used unit. I would never pay full price "off the shelf"
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I would just do a pedal reset. Made a huge difference on my car in response.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

It wasn’t the scale of response that sold me (about which I agree), it was the apparently quicker, seemingly instantaneous reaction of the valve to WOT. In addition, there was at least one fairly well-done video showing a slightly faster 0-60 time with it. Anyway, I got it on sale (~$200) and wanted to finally test it. As described, I’m not terribly impressed with it on my ZHP.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I would just do a pedal reset. Made a huge difference on my car in response.
    Is this procedure correct? https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/t...faster.927646/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I'm with you on this. I absolutely hate driving a car with the Sprint Booster enabled. It makes driving and shifting smoothly next to impossible.
    If I want more 'go', I put my foot down more. Simple fix.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Yes that's the one I followed.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I'm with you on this. I absolutely hate driving a car with the Sprint Booster enabled. It makes driving and shifting smoothly next to impossible. If I want more 'go', I put my foot down more. Simple fix.
    It's a preference thing. I love having Spring Booster engaged on my ZHP and have no problem driving with it.

I also have zero drivability issues and have smooth shifts, odd.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 2496 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1496199623962446248624942495249624972498250625462596 ... LastLast