Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2605 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1605210525052555259526032604260526062607 ... LastLast
Results 26,041 to 26,050 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Replaced the shark fin gasket. Took about 2 hours or so. That double-sided tape is a pain in the butt to remove.

Since the sharkfin antenna is used exclusively for BMW Assist only and BMW Assist no longer supports the E46 series BMW, I'm considering removing the sharkfin on my BMWs and plugging the hole where the wiring goes inside the car. Just a thought . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Since the sharkfin antenna is used exclusively for BMW Assist only and BMW Assist no longer supports the E46 series BMW, I'm considering removing the sharkfin on my BMWs and plugging the hole where the wiring goes inside the car. Just a thought . . .
    That's a good option, too. Especially if you don't want to go through the hassle of replacing the gasket and double-sided tape. I think the cars look good with and without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    That's a good option, too. Especially if you don't want to go through the hassle of replacing the gasket and double-sided tape. I think the cars look good with and without it.
    Will, the problem with having the shark fin these days is that it no longer has any functional purpose since BMW Assist no longer supports E46. The shark fin only serves as a cosmetic addition to the car so that is why I am considering removing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    The shark fin only serves as a cosmetic addition to the car so that is why I am considering removing mine.
    BRO…..

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

After 2 years of seating on the garage shelf, my BMW Performance exhaust tips are finally back on the car.
    OEM mounting hardware was rusted and I almost lost one tip. I found a local shop that took this project. The new stainless nut was welded. Stainless steel setscrew is used. Tips were also dryice blasted before the install.
    Tuttle Motorsport in Advance NC did the job. Fantastic place for all your BMW needs, including racing car builds.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BIG difference, much better look!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Seems the Ukraine cap is the exact same as what Will got. Whenever I end up getting the VC on I will buy just that - my diaphragm is still good, just needs a bit of cleaning.

Paris cap is cool but there's no way I'm paying more than I got my entire VC for!
    Yea it's definitely expensive...I figured since I sunk so much money already into an M56, why not more bling? lol.

Here's a comparison for reference since it finally arrived today:

^ That metal cap looks nice and durable.

I recommend not removing the plastic cap once you install it. I think my previous cap was weakened and cracked once I did.

It is nice engine bay bling, and nice that you can take it out!

Yeah whenever I get my VC in my plan is to clean it really well, then install the plastic cover and never remove it
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    BIG difference, much better look!
    +1. amazing how different it looks.

Page 2605 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1605210525052555259526032604260526062607 ... LastLast