Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2321 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1321182122212271231123192320232123222323233123712421 ... LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,210 of 26150
    The whole wrinkle thing is why I'm hesitant to try wrapping the touring's steering wheel. Wrinkles really trigger me... Lol

Do you think wrinkles would come out with some heat? Heat gun and a massage, perhaps? What about the "could be tighter" thing... Can it? If there's a way I could get the leather as tight as a brand new steering wheel from BMW then I'd give this a shot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The whole wrinkle thing is why I'm hesitant to try wrapping the touring's steering wheel. Wrinkles really trigger me... Lol

Do you think wrinkles would come out with some heat? Heat gun and a massage, perhaps? What about the "could be tighter" thing... Can it? If there's a way I could get the leather as tight as a brand new steering wheel from BMW then I'd give this a shot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    If I’m being honest, I have almost 0 wrinkle but I do have gaps (which is inevitable on a first time try diy like this). I’m going to try to wrapping a few spare wheels I have laying around to see if my results get any better.

But I actually was thinking the same thing, I’m sure with a heat gun it would do a great job at tightening the leather up some. I mean hey, I bought it because I figured Alcantara wheels are normally in a ball park of 350-400$ & usually get disgusting in less than 4-8 months (maybe even less if we’re being honest).. Purchased the wrap for 1/10 of that overall price and since I inevitably have to replace it then hey, no big deal.

Maybe I’ll be the dummy on a leather wrap lol, i do recommend anybody doing this goes to Joann’s and buys a hog ring needle. Spent 4$ & got like 6 different sizes, chose a manageable size and I think the results are pretty decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joerdan23TN View Post
    Nice work, Brandon.
    Thanks brother!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    If I’m being honest, I have almost 0 wrinkle but I do have gaps (which is inevitable on a first time try diy like this). I’m going to try to wrapping a few spare wheels I have laying around to see if my results get any better.

But I actually was thinking the same thing, I’m sure with a heat gun it would do a great job at tightening the leather up some. I mean hey, I bought it because I figured Alcantara wheels are normally in a ball park of 350-400$ & usually get disgusting in less than 4-8 months (maybe even less if we’re being honest).. Purchased the wrap for 1/10 of that overall price and since I inevitably have to replace it then hey, no big deal.

Maybe I’ll be the dummy on a leather wrap lol, i do recommend anybody doing this goes to Joann’s and buys a hog ring needle. Spent 4$ & got like 6 different sizes, chose a manageable size and I think the results are pretty decent

If I came over, any chance you could show me in person on how to do it?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Seeing a lot of wheel upholstery posts lately. Are you guys putting the new leather over the old? You don’t remove the old leather/alcantara first?

~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    If I came over, any chance you could show me in person on how to do it?
    Yeah totally! lol it’s actually really simple

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Seeing a lot of wheel upholstery posts lately. Are you guys putting the new leather over the old? You don’t remove the old leather/alcantara first?

Goes right over the old one, I guess when the sellers take there measurements for the wrap it isn’t to replace the original wrap & padding... but just to cover up the old one. It adds maybe 2MM to the overall thickness, probably less.

I still haven’t reinstalled mine honestly lol

I have no gap or any appearance of gap. I cinched the thread up nice and tight and massaged the leather as I went. After a month of sitting out in the sun and heat, the leather has relaxed and formed even better around the wheel. I even got compliments from someone who details and wraps exotics perfectly with extreme OCD to clearcoat correction. He wants to do it to his car...errr wants me to do his car. LOL.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

90,194 - New Zimmerman rotors & Akebono pads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I have no gap or any appearance of gap. I cinched the thread up nice and tight and massaged the leather as I went. After a month of sitting out in the sun and heat, the leather has relaxed and formed even better around the wheel. I even got compliments from someone who details and wraps exotics perfectly with extreme OCD to clearcoat correction. He wants to do it to his car...errr wants me to do his car. LOL.
    Lmao hey I commend you for taking the time, I have Alcantara so idk if it has the same stretchy qualities but it’s really just microsuede. I JUST installed mine in my car and I’m happy... but my trim still looks beat to hell

Page 2321 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1321182122212271231123192320232123222323233123712421 ... LastLast