Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 449 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 3493994394474484494504514594995499491449 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Rak View Post
    Are you allowing ample time for it to cure? I've heard that it is actually fairly strong.
    The problem with interior parts is that they have small corners and they get handled a lot. I plastidipped my console last year and it's peeling now, especially in the back close to the middle seat. The finish did last where the handbrake is, around the cupholders, etc. I might just redo it, at $5 a can it's not an expensive endeavor.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by E_Rak View Post
    Are you allowing ample time for it to cure? I've heard that it is actually fairly strong.
    I gave my center console 4 days. Still nicked and started to peel during install.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    The problem with interior parts is that they have small corners and they get handled a lot. I plastidipped my console last year and it's peeling now, especially in the back close to the middle seat. The finish did last where the handbrake is, around the cupholders, etc. I might just redo it, at $5 a can it's not an expensive endeavor.
    I'm going to try Krylon satin black on it.

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.
    In the market for an E90 M3

My passenger window did an aweful grinding noise last night, think the regulator is dead I was able to bring it back up at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Yass_ZHP View Post
    My passenger window did an aweful grinding noise last night, think the regulator is dead I was able to bring it back up at least...
    Yup. done for. Mine made the same noise. I had it fixed before it completely failed, luckily.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Much needed bath. Maintenance coat of Chem Guys XXX Hard Core Extreme Paste Wax. Rain X'd the glass.

Figured we really need some rain, and there's none in the forecast, so I'd bite the bullet and cause some
    JEFF
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    04 330Ci ZHP | Imola Red | Black Leather | 6MT | BMW Performance Intake | BMW Performance Shift Knob | BMW Performance Strut Bar
    Homelink | BMW Alarm | BMW Aux | Interior LED Retrofit | XM Radio | Imola/Matte Grilles | Yakima Whispbar Roof Rack | Ultimate Cupholders

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD View Post
    Mike, did you mean to type 8/32?

I discovered a slash in the sidewall of my Pilot Sport last night so I took it to a brand new Discount Tire this morning by my house. The service was awesome and I was very impressed with their facilities. Anyways, the tech told me that my tire tread measured at 7/32 and thus I did not qualify for the discount as 8/32 was the cut off. Wonder what's up with that?

I replaced my old tire with the newest Pilot Sport AS 2 model.
    Whoops.....................yeah, sorry............I did misstate that as I just re-measured it and the tread is at 8/32. New tire gauge and just getting familiar with using it.

removed the hood
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

So, bad news yesterday. I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Got new Michelin PSSs on the car. Town Fair Tire couldn't finish the front alignment (which is definitely needed quite badly) because of frozen tie rods - and if they use a torch to loosen them they can't cover a broken tie rod and I'd have to pay to have my car towed to BMW Peabody. Called BMW Peabody - just to have them use a torch is $135. If they break a rod, which they said is very likely, their quoted price for parts is $400 (stupid, I can get them for 160 on the web), plus labor for a total of $800. Also, I'm leaving for school (two hours of highway driving) on sunday. Can't get parts in that quickly, and I barely have the means to perform such a change myself. What the hell do I do?

how bad was the alignment before
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

not completely terrible - but the steering wheel is about 10 degrees off to the right and the car is quite twitchy up at 70-80

Page 449 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 3493994394474484494504514594995499491449 ... LastLast