Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2538 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153820382438248825282536253725382539254025482588 ... LastLast
Results 25,371 to 25,380 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I will say my purchase was a bit of a struggle because the original owners sold to a guy who was clearly a flipper, and I just waited on Craigslist mashing refresh for a week before it popped up for a higher price . But I have zero regrets about that purchase.
    Similar situation here. Looking back on it I could've easily gotten my car for $1k+ less than I paid. Zero regrets though because it's such a nice spec, has never really let me down and when it has it was an intermittent issue that was easily fixed and expected for a car of its age and mileage.

@Tyler don't worry man, keep your eyes peeled... the right car from the right seller will eventually pop up. You also probably have enough on your hands already dealing with insurance and the rest of the aftermath of the accident.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Good advice above. I’ll tell you from my own experience I was searching for an e46 for 6 months before I got my zhp. My friends were making fun of me for how long it was taking lol.
    You walked away from what likely would have been a PITA. Hopefully that gives you some reassurance and motivation to continue your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Took me four months to find my M3 after the ZHP was a total loss. Driving a minivan was as fun as making oatmeal everyday. It took 6 months to find the 335d when I accepted the M3 is now more a toy to go HAM with every now and then. I needed to find a spare engine while preparing for engine rebuild and now my friend is trying to free up his shop from a customer’s nightmare E30 build before I can get my blue turd in there.

You’ll figure out a way to get around soon enough! Keep fighting. It’s the right of passage being a car enthusiast. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Lol it took me like 2 years. God damn couldn't find one in the color combo w/manual. Then I find one and that guy turns out to be an ass so I end up with my current 330. I was driving around this POS ford tempo the whole time. But I ended up with a better car, which I'm still modding. Just really slow lol

Oil pan gasket.

Got the pan out earlier today, now need to put everything back

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Oil pan gasket.

Got the pan out earlier today, now need to put everything back

Godspeed
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

OFH and Gasket

Today I hopefully found the reason for my oil pressure light taking longer than expected to turn off at cold start (oil drain back valve) and part 2 of my oil leak! Replaced the Oil Filter Housing and gasket.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-19 9.57.49 PM.png
Views: 285
Size:  1.02 MB
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-09-19 9.58.36 PM.png
Views: 315
Size:  424.3 KB

edit: would love some thoughts on this car: https://lascruces.craigslist.org/cto...374845568.html

Mileage is right, combo is okay to me - would sell the alcantara if there's even a market for it. C's are peeling so headliner is likely next, but it's already a manual. As silly as it is, the only thing that concerns me is all the mods done to it. Pretty decent list of performance mods such as the brakes, suspension and differential. On the other front, it's a list of mods only a fanatic would get. I'm requesting service in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    @Tyler don't worry man, keep your eyes peeled... the right car from the right seller will eventually pop up. You also probably have enough on your hands already dealing with insurance and the rest of the aftermath of the accident.
    Totally dreading whatever comes next in relation to my current E46. They submitted the $15,000 estimate to insurance on Friday, hopefully that doesn't total it . The Chevy Spark has been a total joy in the meantime and great for my back /s. It is officially the least powerful vehicle I have ever driven.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Lol it took me like 2 years. God damn couldn't find one in the color combo w/manual. Then I find one and that guy turns out to be an ass so I end up with my current 330. I was driving around this POS ford tempo the whole time. But I ended up with a better car, which I'm still modding. Just really slow lol
    Well I hope it doesn't take me that long! Thankfully I have a spare manual transmission and can buy an automagic if I have to. Makes my search significantly easier. I'm preparing for a long hunt though since I am slightly picky. I may buy some tail lights and a trunk from the junk yard and get comfortable in my current car.

Now that "Mia" (my current E46) is on her final legs, a few of my friends have happily come forward to express their distaste for my M3 seats. In their defense, the white ZHP's seats felt 3x more comfortable. Seems I have a number of things to look forward to in the future . I hope I can join you all in the ZHP club!
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 09-20-2021 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    edit: would love some thoughts on this car: https://lascruces.craigslist.org/cto...374845568.html

Mileage is right, combo is okay to me - would sell the alcantara if there's even a market for it. C's are peeling so headliner is likely next, but it's already a manual. As silly as it is, the only thing that concerns me is all the mods done to it. Pretty decent list of performance mods such as the brakes, suspension and differential. On the other front, it's a list of mods only a fanatic would get. I'm requesting service in the AM.

Totally dreading whatever comes next in relation to my current E46. They submitted the $15,000 estimate to insurance on Friday, hopefully that doesn't total it . The Chevy Spark has been a total joy in the meantime and great for my back /s. It is officially the least powerful vehicle I have ever driven.

Well I hope it doesn't take me that long! Thankfully I have a spare manual transmission and can buy an automagic if I have to. Makes my search significantly easier. I'm preparing for a long hunt though since I am slightly picky. I may buy some tail lights and a trunk from the junk yard and get comfortable in my current car.

Now that "Mia" (my current E46) is on her final legs, a few of my friends have happily come forward to express their distaste for my M3 seats. In their defense, the white ZHP's seats felt 3x more comfortable. Seems I have a number of things to look forward to in the future . I hope I can join you all in the ZHP club!
    The car looks good from the pictures. I was expecting more mods when you were like "all the mods." But it's like 3 items lol The plates and coils go together, and the SS brakes lines in the front go with the BBK.

There's definitely a market for the alcantara. Fairly standard stuff for the age of the car. The pictures look pretty good.

I mirror sillieidiot's statements, those modifications wouldn't worry me. I'd ask about maintenance such as oil service intervals, does the owner have receipts, etc. The Alcantara looks to be in good shape including the driver's seat, and can easily be sold (people seem to love it).

I would note that with the Alcantara it means the car does not have the Premium Package, and from pictures it does not have the Cold Weather Package either, although all coupes as you probably know have fold down rear seats.

Some other small modifications I notice are the metal pedals and black grilles (it's hard to tell but I don't think they're BMW Performance ones). Also, either this car was late enough in the production run or a previous owner modified it, but the shift boot, parking brake, and the steering wheel are all leather, unlike the more common Alcantara. The steering wheel looks to be the factory leather ZHP wheel so likely this is a late 2005 model when BMW changed to leather.

It looks to be in good shape, and if the maintenance is good, the price ("in this economy?!") seems fair to me, especially compared to what some other people are putting up on bidding sites and Craigslist.

Page 2538 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153820382438248825282536253725382539254025482588 ... LastLast