Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2283 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1283178321832233227322812282228322842285229323332383 ... LastLast
Results 22,821 to 22,830 of 26150
    Oil changes on both cars and tearing the front bumper off to rewire my thermometer and fog lights. Plus, remove some gap.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Front brake pads and rotors.

Also it's 89 degrees here in Florida today

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aethir30 View Post
    Front brake pads and rotors.

Also it's 89 degrees here in Florida today

I just put PFCZ pads on the other day and am having a hell of a time trying to get them bedded in. Let me know how they work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I just put PFCZ pads on the other day and am having a hell of a time trying to get them bedded in. Let me know how they work out for you.
    How are you trying to bed them?

I just did my regular bedding procedure and they feel good. I still have meh pads on the rear but these are already biting good.

I do 4-6 35-40 mph stops of medium brake pressure. Then 6-8 60-70mph hard stops. Then immediately let them cool completely.

I just did my regular bedding procedure and they feel good. I still have meh pads on the rear but these are already biting good.

I do 4-6 35-40 mph stops of medium brake pressure. Then 6-8 60-70mph hard stops. Then immediately let them cool completely.

I'll have to try that. I did new pads and rotors (Zimmerman) at all four corners and it took some time to wear through the zinc coating, but they still don't bite well and require a lot of pedal pressure. I've only done some light bedding (3 stops from 60 with heavy pressure, then drive to cool) so I probably haven't gotten them hot enough to really transfer some pad material.

I'll have to try that. I did new pads and rotors (Zimmerman) at all four corners and it took some time to wear through the zinc coating, but they still don't bite well and require a lot of pedal pressure. I've only done some light bedding (3 stops from 60 with heavy pressure, then drive to cool) so I probably haven't gotten them hot enough to really transfer some pad material.
    Yeah my experience especially with high performance pads is that they should get really hot and then allowed to cool completely.

My zinc coating was gone when I parked.

Yeah my experience especially with high performance pads is that they should get really hot and then allowed to cool completely.

My zinc coating was gone when I parked.

Man I just went out on a bedding run and they're terrible now

I tried 6 stops from 80-20, then cruised at 70 for 10 minutes and had shit braking power when I went to turn around, so I did 10 quick stops from 60-20 per Zeckhausen (https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...Path=6446_6443) and got enough heat into them to get some fade on stops 8-10. Then I drove without brakes for 10 more minutes. I didn't touch them until pulling into the neighborhood and they had no bite at all. The pads are still measuring at 150F in the garage so maybe they needed more time to cool?

I don't see any blue on the rotors but it looks like there may be some specks of pad material left on the rotors (other than what scraped into the cross drilled holes)

Man I just went out on a bedding run and they're terrible now

I tried 6 stops from 80-20, then cruised at 70 for 10 minutes and had shit braking power when I went to turn around, so I did 10 quick stops from 60-20 per Zeckhausen (https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...Path=6446_6443) and got enough heat into them to get some fade on stops 8-10. Then I drove without brakes for 10 more minutes. I didn't touch them until pulling into the neighborhood and they had no bite at all. The pads are still measuring at 150F in the garage so maybe they needed more time to cool?

I don't see any blue on the rotors but it looks like there may be some specks of pad material left on the rotors (other than what scraped into the cross drilled holes)

I would let them cool completely. 10 minutes isn't enough. Leave them for an hour or so. Let them hit ambient and then see how they are. Really odd

I would let them cool completely. 10 minutes isn't enough. Leave them for an hour or so. Let them hit ambient and then see how they are. Really odd

I'll check em out another day and try another bleed just to be sure. Thanks for the help!

Page 2283 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1283178321832233227322812282228322842285229323332383 ... LastLast