Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2570 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15702070247025202560256825692570257125722580 ... LastLast
Results 25,691 to 25,700 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    If someone developed it, would you guys buy a kit that allowed you to retrofit the F30 6WB full digital cluster?
    Maybe, but I feel like the skins for the ID4 is already similar. Plus that cluster is expensive lol

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Depending on price, I might be interested... not looking to spend $1500 on a cluster though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Maybe, but I feel like the skins for the ID4 is already similar. Plus that cluster is expensive lol
    There's a few issues for me with the iD4 that made me not want to get the Id4, even with the beta program discount. First, the tachometer goes counterclockwise. No E-Series or even F-series cluster has a tachometer that does this. The E46 is also ID4's first cluster that goes counter clockwise, an odd choice in my opinion.

Then there's the width. Because of packaging constraints, the screen doesn't really fill the size of the entire opening, so your coolant and gas gauge get relocated. These two changes make me feel like the design deviates too far from the E46 feel and design.

It's also very glossy as shown in their test video on E46, which I think could be an issue with sunlight.

I want to do 6WB and am ready to develop it. But I have to even test fit it first. Maybe this weekend.

There's a few issues for me with the iD4 that made me not want to get the Id4, even with the beta program discount. First, the tachometer goes counterclockwise. No E-Series or even F-series cluster has a tachometer that does this. The E46 is also ID4's first cluster that goes counter clockwise, an odd choice in my opinion.

Then there's the width. Because of packaging constraints, the screen doesn't really fill the size of the entire opening, so your coolant and gas gauge get relocated. These two changes make me feel like the design deviates too far from the E46 feel and design.

It's also very glossy as shown in their test video on E46, which I think could be an issue with sunlight.

I want to do 6WB and am ready to develop it. But I have to even test fit it first. Maybe this weekend.
    Yeah, that's why I would want to make my own custom skin to make it as close to factory as possible. I thought the same thing, stupid CCW tach lol I was like that was the best looking skin, but why tf? lol

I don't think the sun will be an issue though. The M240i has a partly digital cluster and really it doesn't get that much sun. It does have a matte layer on it but I keep polishing the scratches off and eventually it'll go away. But the lights on it are like way bright enough to overcome the little light that even hits it. I'm sure if need be, we could install a matte screen protector on. Honestly, I would even take the M240i cluster. I think it looks nice. Especially the fact that it's white needles during the day, but at night it changes to red.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Yeah, that's why I would want to make my own custom skin to make it as close to factory as possible. I thought the same thing, stupid CCW tach lol I was like that was the best looking skin, but why tf? lol

I don't think the sun will be an issue though. The M240i has a partly digital cluster and really it doesn't get that much sun. It does have a matte layer on it but I keep polishing the scratches off and eventually it'll go away. But the lights on it are like way bright enough to overcome the little light that even hits it. I'm sure if need be, we could install a matte screen protector on. Honestly, I would even take the M240i cluster. I think it looks nice. Especially the fact that it's white needles during the day, but at night it changes to red.
    Yeah it was the ID4 gloss finish that made me think it wouldn’t do good with glare.

I will test fit the F3x cluster soon. I like the 2 series cluster too for different reasons, such a great classy mix of classic and modern. If I get the electronics of F3x, the 2 series will be easy. All assuming it fits in the enclosure.

Yeah it was the ID4 gloss finish that made me think it wouldn’t do good with glare.

I will test fit the F3x cluster soon. I like the 2 series cluster too for different reasons, such a great classy mix of classic and modern. If I get the electronics of F3x, the 2 series will be easy. All assuming it fits in the enclosure.
    In the little description of what the preorder includes, I think there was an antiglare screen that was included to put over the gloss screen

Over last weekend we made the final upgrade to the ZHP House!

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Love the look of the stable and the contents! Some day

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Over last weekend we made the final upgrade to the ZHP House!
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Now where did I drop that screw??!!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 2570 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15702070247025202560256825692570257125722580 ... LastLast