Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2343 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1343184322432293233323412342234323442345235323932443 ... LastLast
Results 23,421 to 23,430 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Put a rebuilt steering rack in the wagon since it started leaking after driving through saltwater with a torn boot
    Where did you source the rebuild? Thanks in advance!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Where did you source the rebuild? Thanks in advance!
    The Rack Doctor. He included inner and outer tie rods all for $239 or so shipped. I just sent back my core just to get the lifetime warranty (and it was a leaking rack so no value).

Shipped my headers out to get coated last week. I can't wait!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Mounted my winter storage wheels/tires. Now I don’t have to keep rolling the car back and forth to prevent flat spots.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Got the 2003 E39 530i (130k miles) back together & started! I think my problem began as a leaky power steering system that caused the serpentine belt to slip/shred, resulting in the water pump/power steering pump/alternator to stop turning, and the radiator tank connection at the upper hose burst.

I'm probably forgetting something, but over the past few weekends ended up replacing the following. Most parts were purchased from FCP Euro in four shipments - no crushed, damaged or loose parts or boxes, and quick free delivery in 2-4 days to VA:

radiator, expansion tank, temp & level sensor/sender
    coolant & heater hoses & pipes
    water pump & thermostat
    power steering reservoir & hoses
    valve cover & intake gaskets
    oil filter housing gasket
    Vanos oil line
    fuel injector & air distribution piece O-rings
    vacuum plugs
    CCV valve & hoses
    belts, pulleys & tensioners
    spark plugs
    SAP vacuum lines
    fuel lines
    intake boots & F-pipe
    oil change & brake fluid flush
    air & microfilters

I ended up with two leftover U-shaped metal clips. I believe they may go on the passenger's side of the valve cover to hold the SAP system vacuum line & cylindrical connectors in place, but don't remember exactly! Realoem says there are three of them. Does anyone have a photo or description of where they reside? I started another thread on this in the Maintenance section, but this thread seems to get more views: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?22718

The holders are #10 in this diagram:

EDIT: Thanks to Vas, I found them - on the fuel rail to hold the oxygen sensor connectors in place. They are oriented vertically in small cutouts.

Last edited by John in VA; 12-02-2019 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Found the location of parts in question
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Mounted my winter storage wheels/tires. Now I don’t have to keep rolling the car back and forth to prevent flat spots.
    I heard about this thing that you drive onto, and it helps to evenly distribute the weight of the car onto the tire to prevent flat spots. Not sure what it is called or even what it looks like haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    I heard about this thing that you drive onto, and it helps to evenly distribute the weight of the car onto the tire to prevent flat spots. Not sure what it is called or even what it looks like haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I own these, and they work for me

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Tire Cradles or Flatstoppers are two options.

I’m in Vermont, and I’ve always just inflated my tires to max pressure and rolled the car a bit every week or so without any issues.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I’m in Vermont, and I’ve always just inflated my tires to max pressure and rolled the car a bit every week or so without any issues.
    +1 on the over inflate
    Pete

Page 2343 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1343184322432293233323412342234323442345235323932443 ... LastLast