Page 2160 of 2219 FirstFirst ... 116016602060211021502158215921602161216221702210 ... LastLast
Results 21,591 to 21,600 of 22187

Thread: What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

  1. #21591
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    5,574
    That sucks. Hopefully you had road hazard warranty...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

  2. #21592
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Nice! Congrats!
    Thanks Spenser! Now you and Nate gotta move up here and be my neighbours!

    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    YES!! congrats, anando! it's been a long time coming. very happy for you guys!
    Thanks Peterman! So when are you headed this way?

    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So much room for activities.
    Yup! I am gonna start with a simple oil change and go from there

    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Congrats! My garage is my man cave...
    That is the eventual plan!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Congrats!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir!

    Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    Wives never learn. We even tell them what we are doing.

    But hey. As long as it is their idea. All good.

    Now you need a second ZHP to fill the space- car looks lonely and lonely bmw car break.
    Wife does not care one bit about cars. To her a Porsche is the same as a Civic. However, her eyes light up when she sees a Tesla on the road! She'll get there eventually and learn to appreciate fine German engineering
    anandoc

    2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

    aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes


  3. #21593
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Thanks Spenser! Now you and Nate gotta move up here and be my neighbours!

    Wife does not care one bit about cars. To her a Porsche is the same as a Civic. However, her eyes light up when she sees a Tesla on the road! She'll get there eventually and learn to appreciate fine German engineering
    Haha I need to keep Blue Rust Bucket away from snowy environments.

    If she thinks a Porsche and a Civic are the same then you should obviously buy a Porsche and show her a Civic price sheet. “See honey, they’re actually quite reasonably priced!”
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

    Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | M3 Front Seats | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

    Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

  4. #21594
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    200
    After hearing a few folks had success with lower cost ebay black Kidney Grilles, I gave it a shot. $40. I went for the matte finish. Ordered last week from Taiwan and arrived today (only 7 days) Well packaged in individual bags. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-LCI...53.m2749.l2649

    Easy install and I was happy with fit. Just pop right in. The only appearance difference I can see is that there's a small ridge line in the upper corner (where the 2 grilles meet) that isn't there on the OEM one I took out. But it's got a contour and if yoou didn't know, it looks like it's supposed to be there. I'm happy at $40 and with appearance change. And I used the bags/box to store the silver grilles in case I ever want to switch bag

    Here's before and after
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    - Pete
    [SIGPIC]

  5. #21595
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Portland, Maine, USA area
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That sucks. Hopefully you had road hazard warranty...
    Oooh- thanks for reminding me! I'll check. It was some Amazon retailer, not TireRack.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • PedalBox • Koni FSD's


    Other tweaks: see my profile




  6. #21596
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    After hearing a few folks had success with lower cost ebay black Kidney Grilles, I gave it a shot. $40. I went for the matte finish. Ordered last week from Taiwan and arrived today (only 7 days) Well packaged in individual bags. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-LCI...53.m2749.l2649

    Easy install and I was happy with fit. Just pop right in. The only appearance difference I can see is that there's a small ridge line in the upper corner (where the 2 grilles meet) that isn't there on the OEM one I took out. But it's got a contour and if yoou didn't know, it looks like it's supposed to be there. I'm happy at $40 and with appearance change. And I used the bags/box to store the silver grilles in case I ever want to switch bag

    Here's before and after
    Are the original grills re-useable?

  7. #21597
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    200
    I found that one of the 2 bottom clips on each grille crumbled when I touched them (they're so brittle from aging), but on closer inspection it appeared they were already no longer making contact with the tabs anyway. I'm sure they'll still hold fine if I ever have to pop them back, since they are 6 clips total as I recall
    - Pete
    [SIGPIC]

  8. #21598
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    200
    Here's the differences between the OEM and the eBay version. It's the only front on view difference that I can see (the guts are a bit different but it's not visible otherwise and snaps right in). Line looks sharp in the image, but it has a rolled edge instead of a sharp feel:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    - Pete
    [SIGPIC]

  9. #21599
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Here's the differences between the OEM and the eBay version. It's the only front on view difference that I can see (the guts are a bit different but it's not visible otherwise and snaps right in). Line looks sharp in the image, but it has a rolled edge instead of a sharp feel:
    Ah yeah, that's the line that they added to the ECS grilles to get away from infringement on the BMWP design. The only grilles you can get for a facelift coupe/vert without that line are the BMWP grilles, which are now NLA.

  10. #21600
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Bought a garage for the 330i. A house came with it, which was a nice bonus. My wife disagrees - she thinks we bought a house with a garage. Joke is on her.

    Let the DIYs begin!

    Congrats Anando! Any improvement on the commute or is the 401 still going to be your home away from home?

Page 2160 of 2219 FirstFirst ... 116016602060211021502158215921602161216221702210 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mini Meet and Shoot
    By M0nk3y in forum Everything Non ZHP (the place for non-ZHP photos)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •