Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2563 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 156320632463251325532561256225632564256525732613 ... LastLast
Results 25,621 to 25,630 of 26150
    Local indy did the following:
    New coolant tank. (Was showing coolant code periodically. Turns out the coolant tank had broken on the inside, and while not leaking, the piece was blocking the flow. It was good it did not get out of the coolant tank.)
    New hose sensor
    New mass flow sensor. (he tried cleaning it first and did not provide correct air-fuel mix profile)

Before repairs, the car had a slight stumble idling on cold mornings and would throw a bank 1, bank 2 code about once a month.

It runs like new now. Last fall the DISA was rebuilt and the difference was noticeable when accelerating. The recent Mass Flow Sensor replacement does not seem to have changed the above 1500 rpm experience much, if any. The difference is seen in idling and less than 1500 rpm experience.

Note: It took almost two weeks to get a new coolant tank. Supply chain issues are reaching down to E46 components now.
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jtamayo027 View Post
    Let Permatex cure for 24 hours and took her for a ride. I'm really liking the short shifter. Feel more appropriate for the ZHP. Rebuilding the shifter did not solve the notchy shifts into 1st and 2nd. Are ZHPs notchy?

The Permatex held up well. No leaks noted. Time will tell if holds up. I can update anyone interested, just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Just curious,.any specific reason you went with that gasket maker? I will be doing the same with my car and doing some research. There are some OEM or OEM equivalent gaskets that I am gathering info.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Some more euro snobbery for my touring. The is a mistmatch between bracket and triangle case. Bracket is from e46, while triangle is from F series. I got triangle for free, so I am not to concern about triangle being loose in the bracket. I will modify bracket for a more snug fit.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Just curious,.any specific reason you went with that gasket maker? I will be doing the same with my car and doing some research. There are some OEM or OEM equivalent gaskets that I am gathering info.

1. Brand loyalty. Used Permatex in the pass with great results.

2. Specialized formula. This specific gasket maker is formulated to be used for differential and transfer cases. Per Permatex, it should not break down due to friction modifiers found in gear oil.

3. Availability. I originally did not plan to remove the differential. But once I knee-deep under the car, I said F'it, and went after it. I was able to buy the gasket maker at my local Autozone.

While I did have the Ultra Black and Red RTV on hand, I felt more comfortable with a gasket maker specifically formulated for my use.

Tried to prewire my car for the M240 seat swap into my E46, but the pins seem to be, seriously, 1mm too large and require an obscene amount of pressure to get into the plug. I am doing a heated seat retrofit while I’m at it. Needless to say I am having my friend who was in the car audio and alarm industry for years to help me get the pins in and get the wire set up around my car. Seats should be in by tomorrow EOD.

Quote Originally Posted by jtamayo027 View Post
    1. Brand loyalty. Used Permatex in the pass with great results.

2. Specialized formula. This specific gasket maker is formulated to be used for differential and transfer cases. Per Permatex, it should not break down due to friction modifiers found in gear oil.

3. Availability. I originally did not plan to remove the differential. But once I knee-deep under the car, I said F'it, and went after it. I was able to buy the gasket maker at my local Autozone.

While I did have the Ultra Black and Red RTV on hand, I felt more comfortable with a gasket maker specifically formulated for my use.

Thanks for the input.

Finally got the new battery installed. Ended up using super 3M to just stick the included brackets to the chassis battery bracket. The battery just clicks into place and can be easily removed when necessary. That alone is probably enough but the top bracket fits too, so getting the battery secured was much easier than I thought it would be.

Name:  DSC06138.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  513.6 KB
    Name:  DSC06141.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  299.3 KB
    Name:  DSC06143.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  366.7 KB
    Name:  DSC06146.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  654.3 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Can I ask what the price was, and what was the advantage over a standard battery, weight savings?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Can I ask what the price was, and what was the advantage over a standard battery, weight savings?
    Price was $360 shipped. It weighs just over 5lbs so if you compare that to the standard battery (55lbs, 60lbs?) the weight savings are massive. It was a little bit more expensive than what I was looking for (~$250) but the cost to weights savings ratio on this is quite honestly through the roof, so it was an easy choice in the end. (Thanks @ZHPizza for the tip and help).
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Washed the bookends!

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Page 2563 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 156320632463251325532561256225632564256525732613 ... LastLast