Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2514 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1514201424142464250425122513251425152516252425642614 ... LastLast
Results 25,131 to 25,140 of 26150

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

I purchased a brand new, never used set of Wilwood BBKs (UUC 330i kit) from a good friend of mine for blauzed

I now have these and my Bilstein coilovers to install when I return from my upcoming work trip

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

After 6 weeks, I have seats! Waiting for the upright brackets to get back into stock. Still not sure what seat mount and rail setup I'm going to get.

Whoa!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    After 6 weeks, I have seats! Waiting for the upright brackets to get back into stock. Still not sure what seat mount and rail setup I'm going to get.

Dayum those are fancy! If the side mounts are standard bolt pattern of 290 mm front-back then I'd recommend Brey Krause seat mounts. Since they use OE sliders (which are the only ones I know of that do so) there is virtually no play in the system, unlike crappy aftermarket sliders.

Also it's cheaper - rather than having to buy a CNC'd plate with multiple tapped holes, then the slider or mount to bolt to that all you have to do is buy the mount from BK, and you can recycle the sliders from your stock seat
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Swapped my rear springs:

LOL these wrenches I made do technically work but I never needed to use them. So here's a pic of it "in action" even though I just turned the spring seat by hand:

Then corner balanced:

I didn't even do jack to get to this number... just used calipers to ensure the gaps from the spring seats to the upper CA were even side to side.

I started setting up quite late in the afternoon and due to a few reasons leveling the plates proved to be a bitch and took way longer than it should've. So I'll check my alignment and make any small adjustments as necessary on Sunday, or tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Dayum those are fancy! If the side mounts are standard bolt pattern of 290 mm front-back then I'd recommend Brey Krause seat mounts. Since they use OE sliders (which are the only ones I know of that do so) there is virtually no play in the system, unlike crappy aftermarket sliders.

Also it's cheaper - rather than having to buy a CNC'd plate with multiple tapped holes, then the slider or mount to bolt to that all you have to do is buy the mount from BK, and you can recycle the sliders from your stock seat
    I believe mounting holes from left to right is 17” and center to center of mounting holes from front to back is 11.5”, which is 290mm. Are you saying I can buy the upright mounting plates and bolt them onto the OEM seat sliders, which then can bolt onto the BK floor mount?

If I could save money, I would like to. I bought 2 seats so that means 2 setups. My lady uses my car every so often so I couldn’t get a fixed position floor mounts.

Do you have a link to the BK ones?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    I believe mounting holes from left to right is 17” and center to center of mounting holes from front to back is 11.5”, which is 290mm. Are you saying I can buy the upright mounting plates and bolt them onto the OEM seat sliders, which then can bolt onto the BK floor mount?

If I could save money, I would like to. I bought 2 seats so that means 2 setups. My lady uses my car every so often so I couldn’t get a fixed position floor mounts.

Do you have a link to the BK ones?
    No, I'm saying you can buy BK side mount adapters, which bolt to the OE sliders, which bolt to the car just like stock. Here is a link for the driver's side - there are separate mounts for the passenger's side.

IMO there really isn't any reason to not go with the BK mounts. ~$200/side and it's a much cleaner implementation and cheaper than any other seat mount out there. For most, you have to buy generic side mounts then either these CNC'd adapters or a planted base to bolt to the car.

Another thing to keep in mind is the seatbelt pre-tensioner, which I think we had discussed earlier in another thread. With our fixed-back bucket seats you generally don't want to run the pre-tensioner above the seat since it prevents the belt from contacting your hips adequately. So I run a rear seat-belt buckle from an E36, which goes through the lap belt hole in the seat.

Did some more "CAD" - "Cardboard-Aided Design"

Was such a weird coincidence how this Summit Racing gift card form I found turned out to be the exact same length and width as the reinforcement plate:

^ Perfect size. What are the odds ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks for the tip! I thought I had to buy a whole new BK setup so that's why I avoided them and was going to go the basic CNC adapters, sliders and uprights/mounts.

I'm guess there's some work to do to retain the electric sliders? If so, can you provide me with some details?

As for seat belts, I was going to run the Scroth 24/7 since I rarely have anyone in the backseats besides my bag or boxes. What's your opinion on that?

Page 2514 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1514201424142464250425122513251425152516252425642614 ... LastLast