Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2530 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153020302430248025202528252925302531253225402580 ... LastLast
Results 25,291 to 25,300 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    More progress - electrical took more time than I thought it would, had to look up pinouts and whatnot. But I now have something phallic on the back of my car.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    When does your trip start?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Nice, now throw in a M57 as well for maximum towing efficiency.
    Those things are super cool! With the right setup they can sound like a low-revving 2JZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    When does your trip start?
    Leaving Oct 1st! I'm going to see if I can rent a trailer for a day or so beforehand to see how it is. I've never towed before so it'll be interesting.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Nice, now throw in a M57 as well for maximum towing efficiency.

We did that yesterday. LOL. My friend mistakenly high centered himself on a “luckily” long hump. Lucky it distributed the vehicle’s weight over a large area so as to not do any damage underneath.

After unsuccessful attempts, I grabbed the tow strap out of my car to hook on my friend’s X5 diesel.

All was right after. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Leaving Oct 1st! I'm going to see if I can rent a trailer for a day or so beforehand to see how it is. I've never towed before so it'll be interesting.

Have most of the weight towards the tongue, that will help keep things stable. Give yourself plenty of braking room. When I would tow, I would engine brake when/where I can, only used brakes when it was needed. Definitely give us SoCal guys a heads up, would love to buy you a beer and hang out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    We did that yesterday. LOL. My friend mistakenly high centered himself on a “luckily” long hump. Lucky it distributed the vehicle’s weight over a large area so as to not do any damage underneath.

After unsuccessful attempts, I grabbed the tow strap out of my car to hook on my friend’s X5 diesel.

All was right after. LOL
    Hope his undercarriage wasn't too scrapped up! I have scrapped a couple times and had to touch up the rubberized undercoating.

Also LOOOOOOL loving the N sticker

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    Have most of the weight towards the tongue, that will help keep things stable. Give yourself plenty of braking room. When I would tow, I would engine brake when/where I can, only used brakes when it was needed. Definitely give us SoCal guys a heads up, would love to buy you a beer and hang out!
    Thanks for the tips! I think I'm most worried about visibility, it's going to be weird to look in the rearview and see nothing. I'll probably post in the other thread closer to the date, but I'm pretty set on what I mentioned there! Too bad I'm not swinging by San Diego though.

Leaving Oct 1st!
    I got a better idea of your trip with this :

Name:  trip.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  46.7 KB
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I got a better idea of your trip with this :
    Pretty close! Want to do some sightseeing of some key places, so here's my planned route:

... here's my planned route:
    That's a good plan !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Pretty close! Want to do some sightseeing of some key places, so here's my planned route:

Tim, be sure to give Gary (Wolfn8tr) a shout before stopping in Vegas. He lives in the area

Hope his undercarriage wasn't too scrapped up! I have scrapped a couple times and had to touch up the rubberized undercoating.

Also LOOOOOOL loving the N sticker
    He thought he could avoid and just drive on the edge. Except he was full too far in. The car just sat on the plethora of plastic/felt-like undercarriage trays which was enough to lift the rear tire off the ground 1mm more than having traction. The viscous LSD didn’t help any as it requires both rear tires to have traction to lock up so it became an open diff once airborne. LOL

Being on 3-4 hours of tight twisty roads with lots of hairpins, we were impressed with how the F15d’s fancy adaptive M sport suspension handled against the cars and how it was able to pull out of tight apex with its torque. Being an N driver he had to also make sure he didn’t die trying to keep up with my car and drive within his experience. He would have preferred using his E90d but it’s waiting on a crank position sensor.

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 2530 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153020302430248025202528252925302531253225402580 ... LastLast