Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2580 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15802080248025302570257825792580258125822590 ... LastLast
Results 25,791 to 25,800 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Just so happens I’ll be selling my black interior soon. PM me if you can’t find it locally
    I totally would but I need sedan rear seats and door cards. Local offerings all need to be re-upholstered.
    Fuelly

I finally got around to changing out my
    Power steering return line.

I had purchased this line when I had to do a power steering pump replacement over a year and a half ago. I attempted to do it with the pump replacement but, couldn’t get the line off the radiator with the only available tools from the now junk parts stores.

A few months back I made a $15-$20 investment in the proper tool and finally got around to using it.

It does work fantastic and well with the money but, you do need to remove it after it released the locks, in order to get the line off. It’s hard to figure out what’s stopping something you can’t see!

Pics for reference

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I finally got around to changing out my
    Power steering return line.

I had purchased this line when I had to do a power steering pump replacement over a year and a half ago. I attempted to do it with the pump replacement but, couldn’t get the line off the radiator with the only available tools from the now junk parts stores.

A few months back I made a $15-$20 investment in the proper tool and finally got around to using it.

It does work fantastic and well with the money but, you do need to remove it after it released the locks, in order to get the line off. It’s hard to figure out what’s stopping something you can’t see!

Pics for reference

Nice, glad you made use of it. Having one would have made my life easier back when I was working on my lines
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I should get one of those, when I did mine I just cut off the connector with a dremel.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I should get one of those, when I did mine I just cut off the connector with a dremel.
    That's how I end up doing it on a lot of cars unfortunately. Even with a whole bunch of line disconnect tools, the connectors get so crusty that they don't want to let go.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

Replaced most of my cooling system earlier today, gotta keep up with the 114º*weather here in Phoenix!

2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

I’ve been watching that current auction and it got me a little (BATty) so, had to give mine a good wash, even though it was kinda clean!

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I refreshed a Z4M steering wheel I will be trying out with the ZHP.

(1) I cleaned and re-conditioned the Nappa leather (leatherique), used a heat gun to get rid of many of the creases/wrinkles in the 1-2 o'clock region.

(2) Disassembled the steering wheel and wrapped the worn trim in Matte Black vinyl. Originally the entire trim is in a rubberized matte texture (aka plastidip) - which rubs off extremely easily. Just cleaning it will rub parts of it off.

Half-way through, I decided it would look better if the trim was matte black and button surrounds were gloss black, so I went that route. Couldn't be happier, good contrast - plus gives the wheel my own personal unique touch!

The trim pieces on these things are terribly cheap and their anchor points/clips are extremely fragile which I didn't expect. I ended up taking the thing apart, finding all of the broken pieces, and re-gluing them on. I would not want someone re-wrapping the wheel, they'll just break everything upon disassembly - it's that bad. Took 2 days total with the conditioning and things breaking (time for glue to cure).

This might just may replace my M sport steering wheel. It's a tad smaller in diameter:

BMW E46 M sport steering wheel: 14.5" outside diameter, 12.0" inner diameter

BMW E85 M sport steering wheel: 14.0" outside diameter, 11.5" inner diameter

Name:  before.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  223.1 KB

Name:  trim.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  268.9 KB

Name:  after.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  165.3 KB
    Fuelly

Z4 steering wheel is one of the best mods for our cars, I can't go back to a standard wheel after using it. You will definitely enjoy it.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

How does one set cruise control?

Page 2580 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15802080248025302570257825792580258125822590 ... LastLast