Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2455 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1455195523552405244524532454245524562457246525052555 ... LastLast
Results 24,541 to 24,550 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by iya_e46 View Post
    for the past weeks I've done..

- installed supersprint performance exhaust + tuned resonator (in progress)
    - replaced my driver side mirror (not working for 3yrs lol)
    - updated my interior led light to ziza (old one was too bright)
    - deleted arm rest
    - tune up / ignition coils / ofhg / vcg and oil change
    - installed oem roof rack base
    - installed the retrofitsource led fog lights (pricey but worth it)
    - installed oem alarm + siren (finally after years in the trunk)
    - euro coded
    - replaced oem zhp steering rack
    - oem short shift kit (in progress)
    - installed hella supertone horn
    Great list. Why the horn?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Great list. Why the horn?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    my oem suddenly stopped working and decided just get a replacement
    Slicktop AW 6spd Naturbraun

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Well, I started to hear a metal on metal "clunk" when going over speed bumps (mainly on "unloading" the suspension). Turns out 3 of the 4 motor mount bolts literally sheared off. So now I have 4 new bolts, new engine mounts, and my wallet is $800 lighter

2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Spent the last couple days fabricating my corner scale pads w/ integrated grease plates. This has been pretty tiring with lots of cutting, grinding, and welding. But should be worth it in the end, this should complete my full DIY alignment and corner balance setup!

Damn! This is some nerdy things and I like it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haven't being checking here for a while.
    I hope that everyone is safe and well.

Decided to test further test my 3d printed part. I have no paint and decided to use this thing. I have it install for several month on my car. Now just want to see how it can survive harsh winter chemicals and this paint.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    Well, I started to hear a metal on metal "clunk" when going over speed bumps (mainly on "unloading" the suspension). Turns out 3 of the 4 motor mount bolts literally sheared off. So now I have 4 new bolts, new engine mounts, and my wallet is $800 lighter

That's a huge bummer...I wonder how that even happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's a huge bummer...I wonder how that even happens.
    I have no clue, and my Indy repair shop had no clue either. I am also surprised how skinny the bolts are. The appear to be 8mm. And just 4 of them to hold down a 3.0L engine? I think the engine bolts on my 86 Acura Integra were more robust.

I am just lucky the bolts sheared of with enough material OUTSIDE of the block so they were able to unscrew the bolt. If they would have had to drill out the block to remove the bolt, it would have been a lot more expensive.

If you look at the top bolt in the photo, the head of the bolt was literally torn off. Lucky the engine just didn't fall out of the car. As it was, the mechanic said the engine was resting on the steering rack!

Car does run a heckuva lot smoother now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpark; 12-21-2020 at 10:06 PM.

I did the arm rest delete mod to my ZHP today...

I like this better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    I have no clue, and my Indy repair shop had no clue either. I am also surprised how skinny the bolts are. The appear to be 8mm. And just 4 of them to hold down a 3.0L engine? I think the engine bolts on my 86 Acura Integra were more robust.

I am just lucky the bolts sheared of with enough material OUTSIDE of the block so they were able to unscrew the bolt. If they would have had to drill out the block to remove the bolt, it would have been a lot more expensive.

If you look at the top bolt in the photo, the head of the bolt was literally torn off. Lucky the engine just didn't fall out of the car. As it was, the mechanic said the engine was resting on the steering rack!

Car does run a heckuva lot smoother now though

Lol.

Strange how the bolts sheered. I wonder if they were loose to begin with.

As for what I did today: replaced my front control arms. I thought they needed to be changed based on some odd behavior I was feeling with ride. Turns out the original control arms were fine. The ball joints were fine. I need to really diagnose better before I start ordering parts. At least I have new FCA and FCAB now. Lemforder.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Lol.

Strange how the bolts sheered. I wonder if they were loose to begin with.

As for what I did today: replaced my front control arms. I thought they needed to be changed based on some odd behavior I was feeling with ride. Turns out the original control arms were fine. The ball joints were fine. I need to really diagnose better before I start ordering parts. At least I have new FCA and FCAB now. Lemforder.
    Well I am the OG owner and nothing should have been done to engine mounts before, to the best of my memory. Strange to happen after 16 years.

Page 2455 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1455195523552405244524532454245524562457246525052555 ... LastLast