Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2489 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1489198923892439247924872488248924902491249925392589 ... LastLast
Results 24,881 to 24,890 of 26150
    Gawd I love those wheels...........
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Sorry to hear that, those kinds of stories are why I'm super paranoid about having randoms drive my car. And when they do, there is no reason to unplug my dash cam (which the dealer did when they did the airbag recall, but nothing happened as that dealer is actually pretty decent).

Yesterday I got around to polishing my seat with some rubbing compound. I (rather stupidly) put my seat together while I was still in the middle of fixing my stripped oil pan, so I didn't take as much care as I should have. This resulted in significant scuffing of the gel-coat:

I think I'd need some sort of mini rotary buffer to get it better. 20 minutes by hand just isn't going to cut it:

From far it's much less noticeable though:

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    Yeah I very rarely let people drive my car, but I pay $35/mo for unlimited car washes right by my work. I figured how could they mess up getting it in the car wash and parking it on the other end? Well I figured it out. I will ask if I can drive my car through myself or will cancel. A clutch is more important than a clean car.

Seats look really cool. I remember talking with you a few messages up and I believe you're a mechanical engineer, right? Do you race the E46?

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Installed Euro clears + MSport brake ducts + MSport air dam + MSport fender liners + newly painted genuine MTech bumper + new front bumper trim + ebay fog lights + Hamann rep fog light covers + rear water deflector.

I was fuming when I unpacked the MSport air dam because this brand new genuine BMW part was just the regular air dam that some Italian worker cut into the MSport shape with a box cutter at 4:59pm on a Friday. Very messy line and cracks everywhere. At least you don't see it behind the bumper. Got new headlight lenses and gaskets coming too. Debating whether to have the fog light covers painted like Hamann intended.
    Looks so good. I gave up devoted my Mtech budget to other projects. Looks really nice, congrats man. I love a good blue too.

Installed my new for "A/C". I don't care to verify with the diagram but the diagram implied this relay actually brings power to the HVAC unit, kind of like how in PA Soft has the HVAC is listed as A/C. I have this issue where it stays on when I turned off every now and then. I suspect the relay wasn't disengaging properly. I had a similar issue with the fuel pump relay last year.

F80 brakes come Tuesday. I have no good rear caliper option that keeps the bias in check. So I have these pretty and big calipers that can't really be installed, sucks. Also my diff bushing is getting really bad. And now I have a 9-5. I have to find a place to find to swap subframes really soon, and to do my reinforcement. Also decided not track this year so I can use that money to fund this massive project I'm working on.

Current projects:
    - F80 front bbk with "anything" that works in the rear
    - E9x handle retrofit for keyless entry
    - F30 cluster retrofit which required CANBUS sniffing the F-series
    - swap my new rear subframe and associated reinforcement kit

I mean, we can call me ambitious at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Yeah I very rarely let people drive my car, but I pay $35/mo for unlimited car washes right by my work. I figured how could they mess up getting it in the car wash and parking it on the other end? Well I figured it out. I will ask if I can drive my car through myself or will cancel. A clutch is more important than a clean car.

Seats look really cool. I remember talking with you a few messages up and I believe you're a mechanical engineer, right? Do you race the E46?
    Yup, I'm a mechanical engineer, will be wrapping up my Master's end of this summer. I basically have 3 use cases for my car:

- the drive to/at/from track/autox (in the summer, twice a month or so)
    - the 1.5 hour drive to/from my house, and school (once a week, or every other week)
    - joy rides

So I don't have a commute and a decent amount of driving is track/autox, but I'd like to keep my car somewhat practical and still comfortable for the street, which the seat has somewhat decreased as ingress/egress kinda sucks. But it's comfy, I wanted a lower seating position and to feel "connected" to the car, and I was tired of my skinny butt sliding around on the stock seat. I plan on tracking quite a bit this summer (already pre-purchased 6 day passes for my local track, TMP Cayuga) but it's just open lapping, not time trial or wheel-to-wheel.

Also damn, F30 cluster retrofit? That sounds really cool and quite the electrical project. I'll have to keep posted on that!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Bought an engine support bar, VCG, OFHG and OPG in preparation for a b-day weekend wrench session. Already have an extra OPN and front subframe reinforcements. Have to remember to pick up some more welding gas next week!

Cabin air filter - quite overdue since I got my car 6 years and 43,000 km ago and hadn't changed it in my ownership.

New filter was the cheapest off FCP (labeled Corteco on the website, but the part is actually from MicronAir) and felt flimsier than whatever I took out, and didn't sit too nicely in the two tangs on the side. Still fit fine once it was all said and done though.

Also in that same package was a bottle of ATE brake fluid and a couple bottles of Redline MTL. Unfortunately they leaked a bit but once again, unbeatable service from FCP and they are shipping new bottles out!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Big difference.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Drove 360 miles with a wheel that wasn't seated properly. Pulled over on the grape vine and reseated my wheel. Suddenly that awful noise on my front suspension went away. Average 29mpg from SF to LA and got there on a single tank, even with 3.38 gears. Got 24.5mpg on the way back with a fully loaded car.

I hit a strong side wind and had to had the steering wheel slightly turned to keep straight. Shouldn't the steering effort of going straight just increase rather than actual steering input being needed? It didn't feel right, I think I have a suspension problem.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post

I hit a strong side wind and had to had the steering wheel slightly turned to keep straight. Shouldn't the steering effort of going straight just increase rather than actual steering input being needed? It didn't feel right, I think I have a suspension problem.
    Some alignment shops will inspect suspension first prior to alignment to make sure that that is the problem.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

I got an alignment just before my drive. They reported no issues. I will start a diagnostic thread if it gets there. I suspect my poly steering guibo. I re-used the bolts.

Crosswind steering input explanation:

https://engineering.stackexchange.co...ctive-steering

Assuming I read the article correctly, it sounds like your car behaved normally and explains why the steering wheel had to be turned into the wind to maintain a straight ahead course.
    Last edited by wstr75; 05-19-2021 at 08:18 AM.
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

Page 2489 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1489198923892439247924872488248924902491249925392589 ... LastLast