Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2373 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1373187322732323236323712372237323742375238324232473 ... LastLast
Results 23,721 to 23,730 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy_JZ View Post
    Thanks everyone.

They're a big body shop brand I got from a local detail supplier. Allura is the name. I've had em for a while now and I had good results with my Porter Cable and the Black IS300 I used to own. I used Hex Logic Foam pads as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Dude those results are incredible. I have a red car that you can do next if you're bored...
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    For the first time since acquiring the ZHP back in 2017, and perhaps for the first time in its 103k mile life, I cleaned the alcantara steering wheel. I used genuine BMW alcantara fabric cleaner and a tooth brush. The grime I cleaned off from the wheel turned 2 buckets of water black, and fouled up a few microfiber cloths, but I think I have restored the wheel to its former glory.
    The only thing I realized though, is that I am not sure if I like the feeling of an alcantara steering wheel. Even after all this, I think I want to get it changed to regular leather. Maybe I need to give it some time...
    Lol I did the same. Thoroughly cleaned my Alcantara wheel and was like f this prissy ass fabric on a surface that my hands touch all the time. I picked up a worn M3 leather wheel, stitched on a $25 faux leather cover, and am significantly happier with it. Fatter, grippier against skin, and stays clean.

Installed yellow fogs. Alternator and pulleys on the way for next weekend.

2005 Imola Red; Black Leather

The only thing I realized though, is that I am not sure if I like the feeling of an alcantara steering wheel.
    In winter you’ll love not grabbing cold leather though.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInMD View Post
    Installed yellow fogs. Alternator and pulleys on the way for next weekend.

Lens cover or totally different fogs?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I really don’t see that as being an issue for me personally. Sitting on a cold leather seat is another story.
    I’m going to keep it the way it is for now because changing to leather means I have to change my ebrake and shift boots, which I kinda wanna keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    The alcantara gets cold too. The temp difference between the two doesn't feel that much different.
    The constant stress of having to worry about it wearing is not worth it IMO.

Plus, in my experience, winter gloves don't grip alcantara at all.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The alcantara gets cold too. The temp difference between the two doesn't feel that much different.

Besides, that's what winter gloves are for, and winter gloves don't grip alcantara at all.
    Different strokes, I guess. I find the difference between my Coby wheel and the leather wheel in the X3 to be significant. But nothing is colder than the wood wheel in my mom’s last two Lexuses. Jesus talk about a terrible idea. It’s not cold enough down here for winter gloves.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I keep a toothbrush in my car now so I can give wheel a quick little brush after every drive hahahah

Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

I really don’t see that as being an issue for me personally. Sitting on a cold leather seat is another story.
    I’m going to keep it the way it is for now because changing to leather means I have to change my ebrake and shift boots, which I kinda wanna keep.

Nah man you don't need to change the boots. I made a rule with my car: if it touches skin, then it should be leather (steering wheel, shift knob, ebrake handle, armrests), and if it touches clothing, it should be Alcantara (seats), and if it touches nothing, then who gives a shit what material it is. Alcantara boots stay!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nah man you don't need to change the boots. I made a rule with my car: if it touches skin, then it should be leather (steering wheel, shift knob, ebrake handle, armrests), and if it touches clothing, it should be Alcantara (seats), and if it touches nothing, then who gives a shit what material it is. Alcantara boots stay!
    Haha that’s a good rule. I bet alcantara seats are nice. I’m more concerned about everything matching. Like my interior aesthetic af

Page 2373 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1373187322732323236323712372237323742375238324232473 ... LastLast