Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2420 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1420192023202370241024182419242024212422243024702520 ... LastLast
Results 24,191 to 24,200 of 26150
    Took my car to the dealer for the 2nd passenger's side airbag recall. I've tried everything to contact and set up an appointment at the dealer by my house, but I guess since recall work doesn't pay the bills, they don't care. I sent a recall request to the dealer that did all the rust repair work on my car, and within 15 minutes someone called me and we set up an appointment.

I had to drive ~50 mins to get to that dealer, but I didn't mind as they have A+ customer service. I brought my own "do not wash" sign, but I guess they encounter enough fussy customers, so they were familiar with that and had their own signs ready. Only caveat was that they disconnected my dash cam so I have no footage at all, aside from when I pulled into the service entrance. It's a bit suspicious however I do trust that they didn't do anything to the car, as the mileage was unchanged when I got the car back.

I did feel a bit proud of my car during this visit though - the moment I pulled into the service entrance, a few guys came over and oggled the car. We had a small chat, one of them also had an E46. Turns out many of them are enthusiasts like us, and love the older models

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Mystic Blue on an E46 is timeless. E46s are timeless. The letter E is timeless.

That's annoying your local dealer just ignores you on recalls. Mine sees it as an opportunity to try and sell me $30 windshield wipers with $60 worth of labor.

I'm amazed at how well your mystic paint has held up. Mine looks like the face of a teenager at the front.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

You need to find a good service adviser at your local dealer. I had the same SA for almost 15 years. Very cool guy.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Mystic Blue on an E46 is timeless. E46s are timeless. The letter E is timeless.

That's annoying your local dealer just ignores you on recalls. Mine sees it as an opportunity to try and sell me $30 windshield wipers with $60 worth of labor.
    I bought some small things at that local dealer's part department, who told me there were no airbags in stock, and to set up an appointment to get in line. No answers to multiple phone calls, so I did a live chat on their website with a rep, who told me they'd get back to me. I waited a week, then just said screw it let's go to that dealer that knows my car. And guess what... they DID have airbags in stock and could get me in anytime. Hmmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I'm amazed at how well your mystic paint has held up. Mine looks like the face of a teenager at the front.
    It's because quite a bit of the paint on my car isn't original, but the front end is. That's a pretty good way to describe my front bumper lol. You know it's bad when your mom (not a car enthusiast) tells you "you didn't wash your car properly, because the front bumper still looks very dusty" No, mom, that's all the rock chips

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    You need to find a good service adviser at your local dealer. I had the same SA for almost 15 years. Very cool guy.
    Good point, but I'm hoping this is the last time my car sees the dealer

Rust repair from a dealer? Was it under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Rust repair from a dealer? Was it under warranty?
    Yeah, BMW Canada has a 12 year/unlimited mileage rust perforation warranty. While it technically states that sheet metal has to rust through, both the PO and myself (through the service advisor the PO worked with) have heavily used that warranty just for surface rust on my car right up until it expired in 2016. The last job involved completely replacing both rocker panels, which in itself was a huge job.

Wow, that's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Took my car to the dealer for the 2nd passenger's side airbag recall. I've tried everything to contact and set up an appointment at the dealer by my house, but I guess since recall work doesn't pay the bills, they don't care. I sent a recall request to the dealer that did all the rust repair work on my car, and within 15 minutes someone called me and we set up an appointment.

I had to drive ~50 mins to get to that dealer, but I didn't mind as they have A+ customer service. I brought my own "do not wash" sign, but I guess they encounter enough fussy customers, so they were familiar with that and had their own signs ready. Only caveat was that they disconnected my dash cam so I have no footage at all, aside from when I pulled into the service entrance. It's a bit suspicious however I do trust that they didn't do anything to the car, as the mileage was unchanged when I got the car back.

I did feel a bit proud of my car during this visit though - the moment I pulled into the service entrance, a few guys came over and oggled the car. We had a small chat, one of them also had an E46. Turns out many of them are enthusiasts like us, and love the older models

Cool! Sux you had to drive further but as least it's done.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Replaced expansion tank, water pump and pulley, coolant hoses, power steering pulley, idle tensioner and belts over the past week. Car currently has 1977xx miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 2420 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1420192023202370241024182419242024212422243024702520 ... LastLast