Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2604 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 16042104250425542594260226032604260526062614 ... LastLast
Results 26,031 to 26,040 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Cannot see pics on Tapatalk, fyi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. No pics. Unless no pics was ever posted.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

I replaced the PCV cap on the M56 valve cover I had retrofit. The new piece looks good, feels solid, and has a nice and tight fit. Rolled the dice and purchase from eBay (link).

My old one cracked at multiple areas near where it latches onto the VC. It was a nice piece 3D printed and purchased from a member on e46fanatics. Not sure if it's a common failure, or just bad luck. I did remove that cap once to check the internal membrane, this might have weakened it - probably a stupid move on my part.

We'll see how this new one holds up. Looks to be mold injected rather than 3D printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I replaced the PCV cap on the M56 valve cover I had retrofit. The new piece looks good, feels solid, and has a nice and tight fit. Rolled the dice and purchase from eBay (link).

My old one cracked at multiple areas near where it latches onto the VC. It was a nice piece 3D printed and purchased from a member on e46fanatics. Not sure if it's a common failure, or just bad luck. I did remove that cap once to check the internal membrane, this might have weakened it - probably a stupid move on my part.

We'll see how this new one holds up. Looks to be mold injected rather than 3D printed.
    Nice! Will follow along how it holds up. I have an M56 VC sitting on my top shelf and who knows when I will install it, but the cap is broken as well.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Nice! Will follow along how it holds up. I have an M56 VC sitting on my top shelf and who knows when I will install it, but the cap is broken as well.
    It's nice to see replacements now for the diaphragm and cap compared to a few years ago. I ordered this set:
    Ukraine Cap

It arrived in 2 weeks. So it's much quicker than the quoted ship time. I'll probably keep it as a back up though as I was able to purchase an aluminum cap from Paris.

Paris Cap

Just finished rejuvenation and cleaning of the leather with Leatherique product. It is day and night difference! I haven't done it in few years and forgot what difference that product makes. Pictires do not do the justice.
    Leather is significantly softer and more pleasant to touch.
    I will be doing the same 2 days/ 2 step process on my wagon next week.
    Also, applied ceramic coating to the wheels to mitigate the brake dust. Should keep the wheels a bit cleaner for longer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S2Ace View Post
    It's nice to see replacements now for the diaphragm and cap compared to a few years ago. I ordered this set:
    Ukraine Cap

It arrived in 2 weeks. So it's much quicker than the quoted ship time. I'll probably keep it as a back up though as I was able to purchase an aluminum cap from Paris.

Paris Cap
    Seems the Ukraine cap is the exact same as what Will got. Whenever I end up getting the VC on I will buy just that - my diaphragm is still good, just needs a bit of cleaning.

Paris cap is cool but there's no way I'm paying more than I got my entire VC for!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by S2Ace View Post
    Ukraine Cap

Paris Cap
    My experience as well; it arrived sooner than quoted and quite nicely packaged. I'm impressed with this seller (same seller as the cap I got). The link you posted is the seller's kit that has the membrane, plastic membrane piece, spring, and cap. Nice to get everything if someone is unsure about the condition of the membrane.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Seems the Ukraine cap is the exact same as what Will got. Whenever I end up getting the VC on I will buy just that - my diaphragm is still good, just needs a bit of cleaning.

Paris cap is cool but there's no way I'm paying more than I got my entire VC for!
    I think I found that ebay seller and listing via a post you made on e46fanatics, t.er, asking if anyone had experience with it. I needed one, it looked good, and just rolled the dice. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Just finished rejuvenation and cleaning of the leather with Leatherique product. It is day and night difference! I haven't done it in few years and forgot what difference that product makes. Pictires do not do the justice.
    Leather is significantly softer and more pleasant to touch.
    I will be doing the same 2 days/ 2 step process on my wagon next week.
    Also, applied ceramic coating to the wheels to mitigate the brake dust. Should keep the wheels a bit cleaner for longer.
    Leather looks great. I like how Leatherique maintains the suppleness of the leather, especially with a few re-applications of the Rejuvenator and letting it soak with some warmth/heat.

My experience as well; it arrived sooner than quoted and quite nicely packaged. I'm impressed with this seller (same seller as the cap I got). The link you posted is the seller's kit that has the membrane, plastic membrane piece, spring, and cap. Nice to get everything if someone is unsure about the condition of the membrane.

I think I found that ebay seller and listing via a post you made on e46fanatics, t.er, asking if anyone had experience with it. I needed one, it looked good, and just rolled the dice. So far so good.
    You guys makes me think again of switching to M56 valve cover....may be I will get it over the winter. I ma planning to do bunch of preventative work on my white ZHP.
    Leather looks great. I like how Leatherique maintains the suppleness of the leather, especially with a few re-applications of the Rejuvenator and letting it soak with some warmth/heat.
    Thanks Will. That product is great. I have to start doing it at least once per year.
    I am using Griot's Garage product for my regular cleaning. But Leathetique rejuvenation brings leather to the different level.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Replaced the shark fin gasket. Took about 2 hours or so. That double-sided tape is a pain in the butt to remove.

Page 2604 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 16042104250425542594260226032604260526062614 ... LastLast