Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 102 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I have added up my receipts from the last 4+ years, I have concluded that I easily have already spent more than my ZHP cost on it's window sticker
    Just on your ZHP?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Just on your ZHP?
    yup... already over $47k deep

car cost appx $25k in 2008, 1 owner lease return with 30,0xx miles

Well, not today, but for the month of Feb. I R&R'd rear dif input shaft seal, fuel filter, all brake rotors, pads, and sensors, new plugs, R&R'd new water pump, tensioner pulleys, and water pump, Installed new o-ring on coolant temp sensor, replaced coolant, brake fluid, rear dif fluid, oil & filter, cabin air and intake air filters, new wipers. For March, I'm prepping wheels, front and rear bumper covers for paint, removing steering wheel for new skin from Coby Wheel (ZHP Mafia Advertiser). I am in the market for new controls arms and bushings and all 4 - O2 sensors. I still have alot of work to do before spring, but I do love working on this car, it is so easy, things come apart like a logical man would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post
    I highly, highly, highly recommend everyone get this kit. It's on sale as well. Nobody ever mentions using non-marring trim removal pieces in disassembly, but after last night I realized why they're invaluable and necessary.

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-67021.html
    Thanks for the link. I'm about to gut the sound system in my car so I'll definitely be in need of trim tools. I was going there to buy a cheap router anyway so this is a bonus.

As for what I did today... The first time I attempted to do a diff and manual tranny fluid change three weeks ago I had a bum shoulder. I got the car up on jack stands but couldn't stand to hold my left arm up so I aborted. Now all is 90% better so I gave it another shot. Very easy job except for my floor jack. I ran the front tires up on rhino ramps and then jacked the rear up. However my jack seems to just stick in place and as I jack higher I can see the front wheels roll backwards on the ramps. I was trying to get the car perfectly level (the front wheels were in the garage which is an inch higher than the driveway) but when I did the fronts were halfway over the back lip of the ramps and I wasn't about to crawl under the car at that point. I noticed my front roller on the jack seems to be seized so I imagine that is the root of my problem. Redline 75W90 for the back and MTL for the tranny. The notchiness I was feeling in third and fourth gear are now gone. 68,722 on the odo.

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

if you have time... try draining some and running part MTL and part 75/90 in the transmission. You'll like how it shifts

Today I treated my ZHP with a great mountain ride, that was just under 150 miles and a max elevation of 2246 feet. Once the weather warms up, I need to spend some time hiking that fantastic state park I passed.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Nice drive! If your not far, check out the regional section. We are planning something similar in April.

Quote Originally Posted by brewer90 View Post
    The first time I attempted to do a diff and manual tranny fluid change three weeks ago I had a bum shoulder. I got the car up on jack stands but couldn't stand to hold my left arm up so I aborted.
    Sounds like my right shoulder. I have a torn rotator cuff.......will be going under the knife soon......

@JP...I might need a hand to raise the front end and get the bumper off......will bring it to paint shop before I go under the knife.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    Nice drive! If your not far, check out the regional section. We are planning something similar in April.
    Thanks, I'm 3 hours west of Knoxville but, I'll keep an eye on it and decide when I have a better idea of the route.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Today I replaced my right-rear brake lining sensor. The light has been on ever since my suspension work was done and I didn't feel like fixing it in sub-freezing temperatures, so today being at 42 or so made the conditions right. Also finally filled my washer fluid tank after successfully "capping" off the hose that was fitted to replace the hose leading to the headlight washers. It's effectively a temporary headlight washer delete, until the FX-R retrofit can be done to the headlights so I could have highbeams again!

Finally back to a state of no error lights on the dash... until someone sits in my passenger seat, of course.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 102 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast