Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I agree, it's not a big deal.
    Yup....it's as if you will be shot at dawn for sleeping with the enemy.......
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Oooh, those pulleys... Dhuuuuu waaaaaaant.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I never check the oil in the 135... I don't think Kris does either....
    The dealer tried to tell my buddy his 335 needed an oil change by showing him a vial of oil............he couldn't figure out how they got just a vial out with out draining it......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

My TMS pulley's came with a different belt too.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Received an engine cover bolt cover from Jon. Thanks! This mod ought to get me back to stock HP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    The dealer tried to tell my buddy his 335 needed an oil change by showing him a vial of oil............he couldn't figure out how they got just a vial out with out draining it......
    I'm willing to bet it's just an example they have on a shelf as a sales tactic.

"This is what dirty old oil looks like that we keep in a jar to scare people with too much money, you should pay for some more service while you're here"

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    My TMS pulley's came with a different belt too.
    John, which version did you get? the one with or without underdriving the alternator (mine does underdrive it). Do you have a picture of the belt they sent you, or can you see markings on it still? Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Received an engine cover bolt cover from Jon. Thanks! This mod ought to get me back to stock HP
    +1, got mine too but I've been distracted and forgot to thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Hahaha damn right! I'm not missing mine. I actually check the oil level more often now because it's easier. Is it accurate? Who knows?

Sent from the freaking Catalina wine mixer.
    In my experience, it's not. My uncle has a 750Li which is one of the few cars with both a dipstick and an electric oil level sensor. The one day the car claimed it was low on oil, so I figured it probably just needed a quart. I then checked the dipstick - to my alarm it was dry before wiping. I filled a full quart and saw nothing. Put in a second, and saw a tiny bit on the bottom. A full 3rd quart got it to between the minimum and the maximum point. Of course I waited a few minutes between each fill to make sure the got to the pan

I think he was able to get the dealer to replace the sensor after that, but still - no errors or anything. If the N62 didn't happen to have a dipstick, we would have never known and the car would've been running 2-3 quarts low every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1

Thanks Joop.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Well, I actually did something kind of interesting today... So I started thinking... Perhaps buying another ZHP isn't the best idea. I stopped at the local dealer after making a quick phone call to my client advisor. I stopped in and test drove a 2013 135i M-Sport, DCT... Yes rando, I drove an AUTOMATIC!!!!!!!!!

I had an idea.... I don't drive much as my car sits half the year... I started to think that perhaps it would be financially responsible to pocket my insurance payout and then go look at leasing a new car. My thoughts are this. If I lease a car for 2-3 years, I could have something fun and reliable to drive, and by the time my lease was up, the new M3/M4 should be in full release/production. No, I'm not looking at an F8x ///M car... I know that I couldn't afford one. BUT, when that car is released, I expect that E9x ///M3s will become much more abundant, and the new ///M cars will drive the price down of the E9x M3.

So, I lease something now, just drive it and know that I have no worries of giving it back, maintenance, etc, for 3 years. Then at that point I buy an E90 ///M3 sedan, 6 spd when they're cheap and more available...

So, I drove the 135i and I have to say, I would absolutely, no questions asked get the DCT. Holy crap that transmission is amazing...

But, after looking at the lease costs, I realized that for 3 years, I'd be out of pocket about $23000. $5000 down and about $500/mo for 3 years... At the end of those 3 years, I have nothing to show for it. I figure I can spend $11000 or so on the ZHP, and then after 3 years of ownership, I'd have an awesome car, even if I spent the extra $12000 to equal the costs. $12k into a ZHP over 3 years would make for one badass car!!

So, lease option is out, but at least I got to go romp the hell out of a 1 series today. FUN FUN car!
    That DCT is fun isn't it? I almost leased one right on the spot. Maybe I should have -- they offered me a much better deal ($450 incl. tax for 3 years with $1000 down... Probably could have gotten it to $400 via MSDs). This was quite a while ago however

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    In my experience, it's not. My uncle has a 750Li which is one of the few cars with both a dipstick and an electric oil level sensor. The one day the car claimed it was low on oil, so I figured it probably just needed a quart. I then checked the dipstick - to my alarm it was dry before wiping. I filled a full quart and saw nothing. Put in a second, and saw a tiny bit on the bottom. A full 3rd quart got it to between the minimum and the maximum point. Of course I waited a few minutes between each fill to make sure the got to the pan

I think he was able to get the dealer to replace the sensor after that, but still - no errors or anything. If the N62 didn't happen to have a dipstick, we would have never known and the car would've been running 2-3 quarts low every day.
    Yikes!
    - Marc

Page 11 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast