Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 111 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Does the throttle body really make that much of a difference on the ZHP? I've heard it's mostly for the 325 but if it's big gains for the ZHP I may look into one
    no big gains for a ZHP, it's only a slightly larger bore

I tinkered with some Plasti-Dip...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    no big gains for a ZHP, it's only a slightly larger bore
    I have the Dinian throttle boday along with their stage 3 software and intake... I barely noticed a difference
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

On the Dinan TB, the butt dyno tells me there's a difference, haven't had a chance to get it on a dyno yet. After the Magnaflow catback was installed and everything else stock, the car dyno'ed at 203.5 HP & 206 ft-lbs. Preston wants to get his custom tune before going back on the dyno, we're discussing which tune right now but he's leaning toward Active Autowerks. I did stop by and talk to Reese at our local authorized Dinan dealer, he said the combination of the better flowing exhaust, the AFE CAI, the TB, and a custom tune should yield about a 20-25 HP gain at the wheel. He also estimated the already installed exhaust probably accounts for 5-6 hp of that gain, so we're expect 15+ more HP after tuning.

For those in the DC area, the Dinan dealer in Fairfax is owned/run by Reese, he's been there over 25 years, I found him to be a very decent guy. He obviously sells Dinan products but doesn't push them on you exclusively, I.e., he doesn't bad mouth other's aftermarket items. He made a comment that the AFE CAI was a good one and also that a full catback system would breathe better than what he offers for the e46 (just a Dinan performance muffler because you're still going through the 2 stock resonators which are restrictive). He said the Dinan TB is 9-10% more air flow than stock, that doesn't equate to the same % of HP gain, but if you tune it you will maximize your overall benefit. He recommended their Stage 3 SW upgrade but again didn't push it, he said others offer comparable tunes.

And no Jon, I didn't buy Stuart's TB, was too late. This one came out of San Antonio. I thought that I felt enough difference that I found another one this weekend. Not sure which car I'll install it on, but wanted to grab it since they come up so rarely.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    Installed some DEPO RCR tails. I'm not super happy with the color difference between the insides and outsides, so they will be temporary until I can swing some OEM ones.

Great to see you around, Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Wheel studs look good Dane!
    +100. Really love those, and they're so functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    I tinkered with some Plasti-Dip...

Looks great!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Dane's reset tool made it here on Friday around noon. I was home, and no effort was made to deliver; All I got was a "We Missed You" card. Soooo I will be resetting my SRS light tomorrow to test whether it was my wiring harness that was throwing the light in the first place.
    Ah, the SRS reset tool is in CA? Send it down here before you send it back to Dane. I'll PM both of you.
    @Bruce, nice set of work there. Pics of the bar install?
    @Dave, the letters look good.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Ah, the SRS reset tool is in CA? Send it down here before you send it back to Dane. I'll PM both of you.
    @Bruce, nice set of work there. Pics of the bar install?
    @Dave, the letters look good.
    Sounds good.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I finally was able to drop the ZHP off today at the dealership where my dad works. Getting the front resprayed, the side mirror cover painted and installed, and recovering the driver seat bolsters. I'm pretty excited. I will pick it up on Friday.
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    On the Dinan TB, the butt dyno tells me there's a difference, haven't had a chance to get it on a dyno yet. After the Magnaflow catback was installed and everything else stock, the car dyno'ed at 203.5 HP & 206 ft-lbs. Preston wants to get his custom tune before going back on the dyno, we're discussing which tune right now but he's leaning toward Active Autowerks. I did stop by and talk to Reese at our local authorized Dinan dealer, he said the combination of the better flowing exhaust, the AFE CAI, the TB, and a custom tune should yield about a 20-25 HP gain at the wheel. He also estimated the already installed exhaust probably accounts for 5-6 hp of that gain, so we're expect 15+ more HP after tuning.

For those in the DC area, the Dinan dealer in Fairfax is owned/run by Reese, he's been there over 25 years, I found him to be a very decent guy. He obviously sells Dinan products but doesn't push them on you exclusively, I.e., he doesn't bad mouth other's aftermarket items. He made a comment that the AFE CAI was a good one and also that a full catback system would breathe better than what he offers for the e46 (just a Dinan performance muffler because you're still going through the 2 stock resonators which are restrictive). He said the Dinan TB is 9-10% more air flow than stock, that doesn't equate to the same % of HP gain, but if you tune it you will maximize your overall benefit. He recommended their Stage 3 SW upgrade but again didn't push it, he said others offer comparable tunes.

And no Jon, I didn't buy Stuart's TB, was too late. This one came out of San Antonio. I thought that I felt enough difference that I found another one this weekend. Not sure which car I'll install it on, but wanted to grab it since they come up so rarely.
    Hmm... Mine dyno'd at 190 very disappointing maybe I'll get better results once I get rid of the ZHP exhaust system
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Just received my March issue of Roundel. On page 58, my M3 is featured in the background of the 2002 tii to the right side at the Jack Cavanaugh Clean Car Contest in Shelter Island.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Page 111 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast