Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1609 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 60911091509155915991607160816091610161116191659170921092609 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,090 of 26150
    Installed full LED smoked front corners and WeissLicht amber LED bulbs for the tail turn signals last night. They look amazing! I'll post up some pics this weekend as the weather has been nasty here in Texas this week.

Unfortunately I still have a fast passenger side blinker and "bulb out" errors at the passenger side front and rear on the CANBUS.

I tested the corner that shows bad with a new stock bulb socket and incandescent bulb and still got the warning. So either the LCM is bad, the stalk/switch is bad, or the computer is just being very picky about a bulb that's out in the tail light. I have more WeissLicht LEDs on the way, so hopefully I can get this licked in a timely fashion.

It was amusing when Bimmian called me because I ordered so many pairs. There really are a ridiculous number of bulbs between our tail lights and deck lid, lol.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    Installed full LED smoked front corners and WeissLicht amber LED bulbs for the tail turn signals last night. They look amazing! I'll post up some pics this weekend as the weather has been nasty here in Texas this week.

Unfortunately I still have a fast passenger side blinker and "bulb out" errors at the passenger side front and rear on the CANBUS.

I tested the corner that shows bad with a new stock bulb socket and incandescent bulb and still got the warning. So either the LCM is bad, the stalk/switch is bad, or the computer is just being very picky about a bulb that's out in the tail light. I have more WeissLicht LEDs on the way, so hopefully I can get this licked in a timely fashion.

It was amusing when Bimmian called me because I ordered so many pairs. There really are a ridiculous number of bulbs between our tail lights and deck lid, lol.

You are exactly have the same problem as I have. Rocket Boosters on Right Front. Even after interchanging with different bulbs. Might possibly be a coding problem.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    You are exactly have the same problem as I have. Rocket Boosters on Right Front. Even after interchanging with different bulbs. Might possibly be a coding problem.
    I've seen a pattern from posts on various forums alluding to the fact that the computer may be extremely sensitive to bad bulbs and cause "phantom" errors when using LEDs. I *do* have one bulb actually out in the lower right tail which I will be replacing when the WeissLicht bulbs arrive. I'm really hoping that fixes the problem as the front LED corners both came with resistor packs.

I'm really hoping it's not the LCM.

I am using WeissLicht Clear/White LEDs from Bimmian. I have switched and interchanged all good bulbs for the right front corner turn signal/running lights. Bulbs are on yet getting the boosters. However, sometimes, the boosters would disappear and all is well. But then would return. I do not think it has anything to do with the LCM. But if it is, maybe resetting would do the thing. My friendly BMW Tech will do a coding this weekend when I bring the ZHP to him. He also thinks it might be coding. So we'll see.
    Lawrence
    BMW CCA #192742
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE

You need to turn off the cold bulb check in the coding for LEDs
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    I am using WeissLicht Clear/White LEDs from Bimmian. I have switched and interchanged all good bulbs for the right front corner turn signal/running lights. Bulbs are on yet getting the boosters. However, sometimes, the boosters would disappear and all is well. But then would return. I do not think it has anything to do with the LCM. But if it is, maybe resetting would do the thing. My friendly BMW Tech will do a coding this weekend when I bring the ZHP to him. He also thinks it might be coding. So we'll see.
    Awesome. Please keep us posted if it works! The fast blink drives me bonkers sometimes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Is there a write-up somewhere as to how one might go about doing this?

Those wheels are beaut!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    After some googling, it looks like PASoft BMW Scanner would work well to do this, but for $650... good gosh that is expensive.

After some googling, it looks like PASoft BMW Scanner would work well to do this, but for $650... good gosh that is expensive.
    PA soft can be purchased from Tony here on the site for $50 iirc

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Awesome. Please keep us posted if it works! The fast blink drives me bonkers sometimes, lol.
    Same here. Hyper flash is on one side does not look right.
    Lawrence
    BMW CCA #192742
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE

Page 1609 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 60911091509155915991607160816091610161116191659170921092609 ... LastLast