Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1862 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 8621362176218121852186018611862186318641872191219622362 ... LastLast
Results 18,611 to 18,620 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It's just making noise, right? You can still drive it until you have time to replace it... they usually last a long while when they start making noise.
    Nah it degraded pretty quickly. Started as a noise, but was vibrating more than I was comfortable with on my last drive home with the car. I might just have a shop deal with it one of these days
    Last edited by terraphantm; 01-10-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Started a quick thermostat and expansion tank replacement this weekend.....Name:  IMG_6665.JPG
Views: 497
Size:  2.12 MB

...f'ng remnants of this bolt are not budging....I'm weighing options on how to remove it....no amount of pb-blaster and locking pliers will get it to budge.

Quote Originally Posted by oclvframe View Post
    ...f'ng remnants of this bolt are not budging....I'm weighing options on how to remove it....no amount of pb-blaster and locking pliers will get it to budge.
    was that t-stat leaking? just based on the amount of corrosion above that bolt where the gasket was, makes me suspect that bolt has had some coolant chemical warfare enacted on it.

how tight are you getting the vise-grips? i highly recommend the flat-jawed ones. get them as tight as you can, and then tighten it a little more. and more PB Blaster - spray, let sit for 5min, then go at it again. back it out s l o w l y . . .

oh ya - and prayer works better than anything else.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    was that t-stat leaking? just based on the amount of corrosion above that bolt where the gasket was, makes me suspect that bolt has had some coolant chemical warfare enacted on it.

how tight are you getting the vise-grips? i highly recommend the flat-jawed ones. get them as tight as you can, and then tighten it a little more. and more PB Blaster - spray, let sit for 5min, then go at it again. back it out s l o w l y . . .

oh ya - and prayer works better than anything else.
    Yes...it appears as though it has...but it couldn't have been more than a dribble because I never had a puddle nor was I needing to add any coolant. So yes, that coolant mixing with the cheap steel and the aluminum wreaked some havoc. Unfortunately, I have clamped the vice grips down and it just refuses to come out....I've sprayed pb nightly on it. Im feeling Im going to have to drill it. I was toying with the idea of welding a nut to it but not sure what that would gain me other than the bolt breaking further in to the head.

-r

Yes...it appears as though it has...but it couldn't have been more than a dribble because I never had a puddle nor was I needing to add any coolant. So yes, that coolant mixing with the cheap steel and the aluminum wreaked some havoc. Unfortunately, I have clamped the vice grips down and it just refuses to come out....I've sprayed pb nightly on it. Im feeling Im going to have to drill it. I was toying with the idea of welding a nut to it but not sure what that would gain me other than the bolt breaking further in to the head.

-r
    how about grinding flats on either side of the bolt fragment? you could gain some more leverage that way, plus it would get a little heat into the bolt.

i had to do that once - it worked well.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    how about grinding flats on either side of the bolt fragment? you could gain some more leverage that way, plus it would get a little heat into the bolt.

i had to do that once - it worked well.
    thats a good idea

I would also try using a butane torch to heat up that section

Follow Me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/bimerdude/

You need to heat that up to get it out and you're going to have to get it pretty hot. Make sure your heating the area around the broken bolt, not the bolt itself...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Started a quick thermostat and expansion tank replacement this weekend.....Name:  IMG_6665.JPG
Views: 497
Size:  2.12 MB

I had something similar happen to me when I changed my radiator, I took a hacksaw blade and made a groove on the broken bolt so I could use a flathead screwdriver to remove it... worth a shot if all else fails..

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Finally finished the folding mirror upgrade and NCS Expert coding for FA vehicle order with comfort open/closing and keyfob operation. Works like a champ!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I want winter tires lol.
    They are great. We don't need them often but when we do...

Page 1862 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 8621362176218121852186018611862186318641872191219622362 ... LastLast