Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2033 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 10331533193319832023203120322033203420352043208321332533 ... LastLast
Results 20,321 to 20,330 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That's common with these cars, especially one that has seen salt. Don't be surprised if they have to use heat to free it up. If they do, your gonna want to paint that area because it will rust up real fast. Make sure you use anti-seize on the threads and you never have that problem again.
    Let's say I sprayed the nut/treads with PB Blaster last night--does that take the torch off the table as an option? How seriously do we take the "flammable" warning on 24hr old PB?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Well, if it's anything like WD 40, you can hold a lighter in front of it and make flame thrower lol
    Seriously though it's NBD if that's on there if/when they heat it up. I would imagine that they would try to break it free by conventional methods before resorting to the torch
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Finally got my front Koni FSD's installed, 5K mi. after I put the rears in myself. It's hard to find a decent shop here which will accept customer-supplied parts.
    congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Half-way into a wash and wax, though half-way might be optimistic

Attachment 31221
    beaut. love TiAg ZHPs.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

on topic: i ordered a new Windshield Cowl and wiper arm puller. my faded/cracked one needs to be replaced stat.

the product description and reviews on ECS' website seem to indicate it's a simple direct snap-in once the old one is out. they say it comes with the tabs/clips pre-installed. can anyone confirm the DIY process? i really hope the cabin air filter does not have to come out.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

The tabs and clips break off really easy and some will probably break when you remove the old one.
    Don't put it on until you are absolutely sure you don't need to take it off again. The clips/tabs will probably break on the new one too if you have to take it off (this happened to me) when you are installing, the tabs on the cowl are adjustable. Make sure you have them lined up as you snap it into place
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    congrats!

beaut. love TiAg ZHPs.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    on topic: i ordered a new Windshield Cowl and wiper arm puller. my faded/cracked one needs to be replaced stat.

the product description and reviews on ECS' website seem to indicate it's a simple direct snap-in once the old one is out. they say it comes with the tabs/clips pre-installed. can anyone confirm the DIY process? i really hope the cabin air filter does not have to come out.

Per one of my older posts
    One of the guides has directions to remove the cabin filter housing and wire harness, but I found at another place that all you have to do is remove the filter cover.
    edit: It seems like I used this guide: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...indshield-cowl
    Though Photo****** strikes once again.
    Last edited by holyc0w; 10-09-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Per Firestone policy "we cannot let a vehicle leave without all nuts being torqued to spec." I understand liability, so I'm glad I called before driving up there.

I stopped by Lowes on the way home for a torch. It's definitely something I'm going to need with this car anyway.

Dogs walked? Check
    Capitals hockey radio feed? Check
    Torch ready? Check
    Let's get cracking.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

edit: It seems like I used this guide: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...indshield-cowl
    Though Photo****** strikes once again.
    Photobucket embedded picture fix:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-embedded-fix/
    For Firefox

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en
    For Chrome

I haven't found one that works on Chrome mobile, but the Firefox version works on Firefox mobile. Add the extension to your browser and any pictures that were embedded from Photobucket will display properly (for now.)

The archive.org Wayback Machine can also help retrieve some pages.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Per Firestone policy "we cannot let a vehicle leave without all nuts being torqued to spec." I understand liability, so I'm glad I called before driving up there.

I stopped by Lowes on the way home for a torch. It's definitely something I'm going to need with this car anyway.

Dogs walked? Check
    Capitals hockey radio feed? Check
    Torch ready? Check
    Let's get cracking.
    Consumption of liquid courage inexplicable missing:

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Consumption of liquid courage inexplicable missing:

There was 12oz. of witbier liquid courage. Followed by my new toy. Popped the flint sparker and suddenly I'm all like

Not sure if it was the fire, or frustration of the Caps blowing a late lead (yes, I get mad 3 games into an 82 game season), but I finally got that bitch loose. It's a little over-toed in right now, but it's even on both sides, and it was 23:00 and I need my beauty sleep.

Page 2033 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 10331533193319832023203120322033203420352043208321332533 ... LastLast