Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2036 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 10361536193619862026203420352036203720382046208621362536 ... LastLast
Results 20,351 to 20,360 of 26150
    A rear gear change definitely get you the most bang for your buck short of FI
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    A rear gear change definitely get you the most bang for your buck short of FI
    Poor Man's Supercharger™

ordered a set of new velcro pads. the ones i have now don't stick and the mats are constantly migrating up the floorboard which drives me nuts.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Great news on the diff change and thanks for the tips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Are there any new recommendations for LSD's these days? Seems like it's still impossible to get one for under a grand. That price range just seems crazy for a LSD. I can't stand the one-wheel peel and wish there was a cost-effective option.

So I bought the Hotchkis f&r anti-roll bar kit and adjustable end links from Bimmerworld... Nice stuff, albeit heavy for hollow bars. Bimmerworld was the only retailer with a good price on the Hotchkis kit; $469 plus shipping.

I managed to find an hour on Sunday to get the rear bar installed. Hoping to get the front bar in soon so I can get some good corner carving done before it's time to swap to snow tires.
    Name:  Hotchkis Bars.JPG
Views: 493
Size:  229.0 KB

LSD prices have dropped drastically since I bought my car (2008). When I was looking back then, they were around $5k.
    They all seem to be running around the same price these days whether is a clutch pack or some variation of worm drive.

ha! I spy gummie bears... that says Bimmerworld without seven reading your post
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Are there any new recommendations for LSD's these days? Seems like it's still impossible to get one for under a grand. That price range just seems crazy for a LSD. I can't stand the one-wheel peel and wish there was a cost-effective option.
    no offense, but $1000 is a bargain for an LSD. MFactory is a sponsor here, and they make a great product. i have a 3.46 helical LSD from them and love it. well worth the investment... and in my opinion, it's worth doing before a lot of other mods.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    no offense, but $1000 is a bargain for an LSD. MFactory is a sponsor here, and they make a great product. i have a 3.46 helical LSD from them and love it. well worth the investment... and in my opinion, it's worth doing before a lot of other mods.
    No offense taken.

FWIW I'm a former Mustang owner. Torsen was a popular LSD with the Mustang crowd, and they can be had for a LOT less than $1k (see below.) I don't understand what makes the BMW units so expensive. Torsen is widely regarded as a track-worthy product on cars putting 400+hp to the wheels, so it's not a cheap product.

For reference: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/To...ial-P1456.aspx

Re: differentials - Jonathan Thayer here in Virginia has Thayer Motorsports / BimmerDiffs. I don't know anything about his pricing, options or E46 compatibility, but check it out: https://www.thayermotorsports.com/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    No offense taken.

FWIW I'm a former Mustang owner. Torsen was a popular LSD with the Mustang crowd, and they can be had for a LOT less than $1k (see below.) I don't understand what makes the BMW units so expensive. Torsen is widely regarded as a track-worthy product on cars putting 400+hp to the wheels, so it's not a cheap product.

For reference: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/To...ial-P1456.aspx
    I was a Ford guy myself and yes back in my day you could get a Detroit locker... the cream of the crop back then, for a lot less... I too had sticker shock when I was pricing an LSD for my ZHP...thank fully they have come down a lot in price....
    H&R sport springs,

Took the 885 head of my buddy's burned down E34, off to the junkyard!

Page 2036 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 10361536193619862026203420352036203720382046208621362536 ... LastLast