Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2060 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 10601560196020102050205820592060206120622070211021602560 ... LastLast
Results 20,591 to 20,600 of 26150
    So I didn't see these after I first posted then. Necro-reply so, my bad lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    how do you like the LW flywheel setup?
    I love it! It's easy to drive, very little chatter once it breaks in, and the revs climb and fall very quickly. Clutch engagement is a little stiff, but I prefer a stiffer clutch. The car accelerates like a rocket in the first three gears and, even for the higher 3, the difference vs a dual mass is noticable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Good Deal. Where did you have the work done?
    I had the work done at S&H motors here in town. It's owned by a German buddy of mine I served with out here. He's a retired GR1 Tornado mechanic who also happens to be a trained and certified BMW and Porsche mechanic. After he retired last year, he decided to stay stateside and open up a shop . His work is fantastic, meticulous, and second to none. He took excellent care of my car and is an excellent mechanic.

Sent from a blue police box.
    Last edited by Fenrir; 11-15-2017 at 07:34 PM.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

As mentioned before I know this is a "what did you do for" not "what did you do to" your ZHP, but I figured I would still mention it because it's too painfully funny not to.
    Last night my brother came home late and was working on his 4Runner in the garage, but he had to move the ZHP out of the way first(his). He went to back it down our narrow driveway to move it out of the way, but in his grogginess he got out while it was still in reverse. There wasn't much he could do as he watch it roll back into the side of the house, thankfully smashing the gutter on the side of the house, saving the rear from the speckle wall. Crunched in his left rear fender and took some paint off the mirror, but it could be a lot worse if it went straight into the house.
    I'll post pictures when I get home

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Man, party house over there

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    So I didn't see these after I first posted then. Necro-reply so, my bad lol. I love it! It's easy to drive, very little chatter once it breaks in, and the revs climb and fall very quickly. Clutch engagement is a little stiff, but I prefer a stiffer clutch. The car accelerates like a rocket in the first three gears and, even for the higher 3, the difference vs a dual mass is noticable. I had the work done at S&H motors here in town. It's owned by a German buddy of mine I served with out here. He's a retired GR1 Tornado mechanic who also happens to be a trained and certified BMW and Porsche mechanic. After he retired last year, he decided to stay stateside and open up a shop . His work is fantastic, meticulous, and second to none. He took excellent care of my car and is an excellent mechanic.

Ok thanks for the info!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Ok thanks for the info!
    Very welcome

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I made the same mistake of test driving a newer BMW (340i with adaptive suspension and M-sport brakes etc) over the weekend. Almost all aspects blew the E46 out of the water.
    With 320hp and more than a decade of engineering advances, it should. Don't feel so bad... You're driving a 13 year-old car.

Every time I think I want to buy something newer, I remind myself that the ZHP is a great little car, but more importantly; it's paid for. I can't imagine dropping $40k+ when I have a perfectly good car that will keep me happy for another 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    With 320hp and more than a decade of engineering advances, it should. Don't feel so bad... You're driving a 13 year-old car.

Every time I think I want to buy something newer, I remind myself that the ZHP is a great little car, but more importantly; it's paid for. I can't imagine dropping $40k+ when I have a perfectly good car that will keep me happy for another 5-10 years.
    If you think about it.. the e46 platform came out in 1999 and was relatively unchanged through it's whole 6 year production run so we are all driving cars from the last century...

I'm the same way... that car payment!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

If you think about it.. the e46 platform came out in 1999 and was relatively unchanged through it's whole 6 year production run so we are all driving cars from the last century...

I'm the same way... that car payment!
    And it shares a ton with the e36!

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Going full blown mad scientist this morning making a long tube, giant filtered, velocity stacked intake fit in a facelift coupe with Bixenons. The hacksaw had already made its debut.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Going full blown mad scientist this morning making a long tube, giant filtered, velocity stacked intake fit in a facelift coupe with Bixenons. The hacksaw had already made its debut.
    i need to see what you did exactly..

i have the S54 with the carbon box and the snorkel on it goes exactly like yours.. down into that little wheel well area BUT i cant fit it because of the bixenon housing and ballast.

I thought i could get away with removing the ballast and moving it to the shocktower like M3s but looking at it again.. i think the M3 headlights are also not as deep as ours... but i havent tried it yet.

got any pointers?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Page 2060 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 10601560196020102050205820592060206120622070211021602560 ... LastLast