Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2178 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1178167820782128216821762177217821792180218822282278 ... LastLast
Results 21,771 to 21,780 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by droman81 View Post
    I got a coupon from my local BMW dealership for a free state inspection so I scheduled a day next week. I am very confident that it will pass but should I worry that they may go out of their way to find an issue? Anyone else in VA get inspected at a dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think the dealer will try to make things fail on purpose. My guess is they try to pull in people for free, and while they inspect the entire car for the state inspection they come up with a laundry list of other things they think should be repaired and try to drum up some business. (Oil pan gasket leaking, FCAB's worn etc)
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I don't think the dealer will try to make things fail on purpose. My guess is they try to pull in people for free, and while they inspect the entire car for the state inspection they come up with a laundry list of other things they think should be repaired and try to drum up some business. (Oil pan gasket leaking, FCAB's worn, etc.)
    Correct - like when they did the free eval when replacing the recalled airbags.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Nothing wrong with that as long as they aren't making things up
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Got some black grills for the track car

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Not the ZHP, but I replaced the driver’s side front lower control arm and ball joint on my parent’s X3 (my old car) tonight. The inner bushing has failed, and was leaking fluid. I decided it was easier to just buy a new arm with the bushing pre-pressed. It’s funny how the E83 shares a back end with the E46, but the front suspension is straight out of the E39/E60.

Having lost two of my grandparents over the last 9 months my parents suddenly have a surplus of cars, but they’re reluctant to get rid of any until we know when my brother/his family are moving back to the US. Because the X3 still has under 100k, is seldom driven, and its future is still unknown, I elected not to replace the passenger side yet.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Wrapped up all the technical mechanical issues with the s54 wagon I've been working on for the past few months. Just worked on it whenever I had spare time here and there with a friend of mine. We swapped in a full s54 drivetrain and the brakes and rear lsd diff, AEM fuel pump for M3, M3 fuel tank baffle. I'm currently waiting on a set of beige m3 seat covers so I can cover a set of Dove grey M3 seats we have from a parts car. Instead of converting this whole thing to black interior which is an act of God... beige M3 seats should fit the bill just nicely especially since they have Lumbar and bolster control.

- 2000 Sport 323i Wagon originally with 218k miles
    - 2002 S54 6 speed swap with 162k and WPC coated Rod bearings replaced with Swap
    - M3 front and rear Brakes, sub frame and front & rear sway bars
    - no subframe plates installed but Sub frame was cleaned and inspected and as expected crack free on a 323i automatic car
    - M3 Steering Rack
    - M3 AEM Fuel pump with M3 fuel Tank Baffle and M3 Fuel lines with M3 FPR and Fuel Filter
    - Replaced Vanos Exhaust HUb (previous one was broken and recovered broken tooth as well)
    - all new Vanos and Cam bolts
    - New Vanos body Gasket
    - Vanos and Engine timed properly
    - new oil pan gasket
    - rear main seal with new back plate
    - Upper & Lower coolant hoses with coolant temp sensor
    - water pump & thermostat
    - New fan clutch
    - M3 Radiator, and Front Aux fan
    - New Alternator
    - new Sparkplugs
    - new shifter with bushings nice and crisp
    - Valve cover gasket
    - New Battery
    - New Starter
    - Stock M3 clutch and SAC pressure plate during 6 speed swap
    - Liquimoly 10w-60 with Mann oil filter
    - Transmission and Diff Fluid changed
    - OEM shift lights
    - DME and Cluster coded with correct Mileage and functioning Sport button
    - Replacement LCM coded properly
    - M3 Seats Beige Leather Lumbar Bolster memory
    - DSC system coded properly
    - Style 219M wheels
    - M3 Steering wheel
    - Replaced all 4 window regulators an Window motors. (they were all bad)
    - OEM Factory installed Alarm

This is a pretty tricky swap to do the car was an automatic originally in the swap was from an SMG car. So I had to convert the SMG swap to 6-speed manual first and swap that into the wagon and convert that to a manual transmission setup. And on top of tackling the auto to manual wiring in general we also had to do a whole bunch of other wiring for SMG to manual and a whole slew of coding....

I feel pretty accomplished today because I got all the coating taken care of no check engine lights perfect idle and the engine feels and sounds great.

Even has shift lights in the cluster

Took her out for a spin tonight just to get her feet wet she felt really good.

Her paints not perfect (some clear coat chipping in random places) but there's no accidents or rust and a clean Carfax (Southern car all her life) She needs some TLC on the outside... mainly the front bumper and clear coat but the mechanical is good to go.

Also was able to get the cluster to match mileage of the chassis so we should be able to maintain a nice clean Carfax with no odometer discrepancies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nextelbuddy; 06-06-2018 at 10:47 PM.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Great work

That’s so awesome. Any plans to do the body work on this one too?

Those wheels look great on that wagon
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I'm currently waiting on a set of beige m3 seat covers so I can cover a set of Dove grey M3 seats we have from a parts car.
    When ordering these covers from LSeat.com, do they come in Nappa-esque leather? I’m considering changing my back seat to nappa leather to match the M3 fronts in Nappa since it’s only 300$ 🤷🏻*♂️

Page 2178 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1178167820782128216821762177217821792180218822282278 ... LastLast