Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2214 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1214171421142164220422122213221422152216222422642314 ... LastLast
Results 22,131 to 22,140 of 26150
    Ordered a slew of parts from FCP Euro this morning. I can't wait till they get here. Shop day here I come!

Sent from the missing 10mm

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Changed a battery--AutoCraft H7-AGM for a hair less than $160 at Advance Auto Parts (after core refund). Fit like a glove...
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Um...I think we found the cause of my vacuum leak.

Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Um...I think we found the cause of my vacuum leak.

Did you take the manifold off trying to find the leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Did you take the manifold off trying to find the leak?

We rigged up a very crude smoke machine to help us find it. Once we found out it was coming from the manifold gaskets we took the manifold off, and I grossly overpaid for a locally available replacement gasket.

I apparently damaged the cylinder #5 seal when I removed the manifold during my starter replacement. I’m guessing I accidentally dragged it across one of the studs coming out of the block

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Changed my differential oil--what a fiasco...

First, I noticed the o-ring was damaged on the ECS magnetic drain plug, so I had to run to the hardware store for a reasonable facsimile.

Then, during install, I damaged the very frail ECS magnetic drain plug (due to very thin outer wall which is easily destroyed under compression), so I threw that POS out ($20 down the drain) and used a regular spare I had laying around.

Then, I proceeded to fill the reservoir with a very nice extraction pump I bought a while back. Everything was going great until, all of a sudden, the pump won't compress! So, of course, I squeeze harder and, then, oil starts leaking out the back of the pump and getting all over everything! So, I start messing with the pump and accidentally disconnect the back cover from the pump and spill about a quart of 75W/90 on my driveway!

About 15 minutes and a bunch of F-bombs later, I finally have everything cleaned up and figure out there's a nifty but inconspicuous little valve, which I was inadvertently twisting, that locks the pump up. Having identified the root of my troubles, I finally finished filling the gearbox. Of course, the whole family was standing around waiting patiently for Dad to take them on our planned outing... I had to give my wife credit for keeping a still tongue.
    Last edited by Reasoned1; 09-02-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Changed my differential oil--what a fiasco...

First, I noticed the o-ring was damaged on the ECS magnetic drain plug, so I had to run to the hardware store for a reasonable facsimile.

Then, during install, I damaged the very frail ECS magnetic drain plug (due to very thin outer wall which is easily destroyed under compression), so I threw that POS out ($20 down the drain) and used a regular spare I had laying around.

Then, I proceeded to fill the reservoir with a very nice extraction pump I bought a while back. Everything was going great until, all of a sudden, the pump won't compress! So, of course, I squeeze harder and, then, oil starts leaking out the back of the pump and getting all over everything! So, I start messing with the pump and accidentally disconnect the back cover from the pump and spill about a quart of 75W/90 on my driveway!

About about 15 minutes and a score of F-bombs later, I finally have everything cleaned up and figure out there's a nifty but inconspicuous little valve, which I was inadvertently twisting, that locks the pump up. Having identified the root of my troubles, I finally finished filling the gearbox. Of course, the whole family was standing around waiting patiently for Dad to take them on our planned outing... I had to give my wife credit for keeping a still tongue.
    Quite a few folks seem to have issues with the ecs plugs...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Quite a few folks seem to have issues with the ecs plugs...

I bought magnetic diff and transmission plugs; neither one of them fit either of the two locations. The only one of my 3 ECS plugs that actually fit was the oil drain plug. As mentioned above, money down the drain.

Happily no engine leaks but occasionally need to wipe a light haze of grim off the power steering reservoir cap (and only the cap). So just changed the o-ring on the cap (P/N 32411128333) to see if that takes care of it............
    Pete

Page 2214 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1214171421142164220422122213221422152216222422642314 ... LastLast