Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2300 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1300180022002250229022982299230023012302231023502400 ... LastLast
Results 22,991 to 23,000 of 26150
    I had an r53 manual as my first fun car. It was absolutely amazing, when it didn't have problems which was always. I ended up selling it as it's 2nd power steering pump in 9 months started to go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's a fun little car. It's a 6 speed auto trans, non supercharged so it's pretty slow. It's amazing how many BMW parts are on it...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    It's a fun little car. It's a 6 speed auto trans, non supercharged so it's pretty slow. It's amazing how many BMW parts are on it...
    That display assembly looks a lot like the crappy display the E39 MID's have from that era. It wouldn't surprise me if they have similar issues down the road. I took one look at how the ribbon is attached to the LCD and starting having flashbacks to when I tried to swap my ribbon cable. LOL
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That display assembly looks a lot like the crappy display the E39 MID's have from that era. It wouldn't surprise me if they have similar issues down the road. I took one look at how the ribbon is attached to the LCD and starting having flashbacks to when I tried to swap my ribbon cable. LOL
    The mirror ribbon cables are much more fragile than the display ribbon cables... go figure. If you've ever swapped a keyboard in a laptop, you can do this. They have the same style connectors.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

The F30 is at the shop for curb rash repair. Driving the zhp today ... what a blast ! Running errands, I will put 50 miles easily.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

The mirror ribbon cables are much more fragile than the display ribbon cables... go figure. If you've ever swapped a keyboard in a laptop, you can do this. They have the same style connectors.
    Is there a more robust mod that we can make better? Like actual soldered wires that can handle the heat and cold of flexing?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Not That I know of Trevor...
    H&R sport springs,

That’s sucks. I love how my mirror in reverse can go in. But not down. Yet I can manually hit the down button and it’ll go down so I can see the curb......10 seconds later.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Well I'm glad they sorted out the attachment mechanism, because the attachment mechanism on the E39's MID is beyond ridiculous. The ribbon sits on top of the contacts and then gets folded over and held in place by a single-use slide-on "bridge" of sorts. Most definitely single use.

Needless to say I destroyed not only the bridge upon reassembly, but also cracked the contacts on the LCD due to having to apply pressure to this stupid crimp thingy to get the cable to hold in place. Ugh!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Off work today. Oil change due and I had bought a new oil level sensor since I've never gotten a dash warning since I bought the car last year. Yes, the dash warning light works during the key on startup check. So anyway, a little back story and the reason I suspected a bad level sensor...

I met the owner when picking up the car and pulled the dipstick. Barely reading at the bottom. Dumped in 2 quarts when I gassed up and brought it up between the add/full marks. Over the next 2 days and 1800 miles I added 3 more quarts. Each time the oil level was at or below the add mark but I never got any dash warnings.

So today I replace the sensor and purposely only add 5 quarts and start the car to mimic a low oil condition. Still no warnings. Dammit. Screw it. Topped it off.

I then have been wanting to adjust the OCI so I plug in with PASoft and change it and while I'm there I noticed the IKE has options to enable/disable warnings for oil consumption and oil loss.

Name:  IKE.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  177.3 KB

Long story short, is it possible that the level sensor was good all along but the input was disabled in the IKE module?

Btw, since I've started using Amsoil for my oil changes, my consumption has dropped to 1 quart every 4500 miles vs 1 every 600 when I bought it. Better/more detergents that unstuck the oil rings maybe?

Page 2300 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1300180022002250229022982299230023012302231023502400 ... LastLast