Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2347 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1347184722472297233723452346234723482349235723972447 ... LastLast
Results 23,461 to 23,470 of 26150
    With the subframe out of the car I started to take it apart and made a list on what to replace.

Things to note:

Rust sucks and a torch is your best friend. Bolts are seized on and the only way to remove them is with heat and a hammer.

Also meyle hd control arms are terrible. I don't suggest buying them.

So I am looking at replacing the control arms, engine mounts, complete tie-rods assemblies, steering bushing, and all new hardware.

The hubs are rusty but the bearings are still good. And so are the z4m fcab. Will clean up the subframe and probably coat it with por15.

And for kicks is a picture of the exxon Valdez oil spill

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Finally installed clear lenses. The fitment was trash compared to the OEM lenses, but they are pretty.

-Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Well I finally got an onboard video during today's Autocross in Jacksonville. (Sorry to rub it in the faces of you northerners who've already put yours away for the winter). My friend codrove with me and we used his gopro with mic.

For those who want to hear the Corsa TSE3 catback at full chat, listen in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEaR...&feature=share

No apology necessary... Thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through your video.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

The fuel pump failed while my brother was borrowing the car - he's in Portland, OR. Local shop wanted $720 to replace it. So I hopped on a Southwest flight to PDX and replaced the fuel pump in the driveway.

I turned this into a short working vacation. Portland metro's been growing the past 12 years I've been coming up here, I've noticed that traffic has gotten really bad and drivers don't seem as patient as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The fuel pump failed while my brother was borrowing the car - he's in Portland, OR. Local shop wanted $720 to replace it.
    ... for a 30 minute job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    ... for a 30 minute job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, he was quoted $440 for the parts and $280 for labor. Unsure if the $120 diagnosis fee was separate or included in the labor charge.

At first I had him swap the horn relay with fuel pump relay, no go. Then I had him listen for the pump when the key was on the On position. When no whirring noise was heard I was pretty confident it was a dead fuel pump (only at ~106k miles).

That's why I just ordered the VDO pump and a new gasket from FCP, 2 day delivery, and then flew up here. $117 for SWA one-way which includes 2 checked bags. 1 bag was just some hand tools, an OBD2 scanner, 2 spare coils, a new 12-15mm hose clamp, and a handle of liquor (Costco in Oregon doesn't sell liquor) Lol. I plan on driving the car back to southern CA since my brother will be out of town for a while due to work.

I knew this fuel pump would come back to bite me, it was one of the few parts I didn't change when I did a bunch of work on it. Now it's replaced and running like a champ. The coils were the other item that I didn't change, that's why I brought 2 spares.

If any PDX locals want to meet up for dinner tomorrow (12/17), PM me.

Man that's a nice little trip you put together there! I got really lucky on my red car and had the fuel pump start soft-failing on me (slight hesitation on the highway at times), so I was able to swap it out before I got stranded.

Now the wife's wagon, with like 125k miles, is still kicking along just fine on the original, 20yo fuel pump...

...I keep a new one in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    ...I keep a new one in the trunk.
    This is exactly what I did with the ZHP. It never showed any signs of failing (I had high 180k's at the time) but had "that feeling" so I bought one and kept it in the trunk. Ended up failing on me entirely (ran like total doodoo) so I parked the car in the service station and replaced it later that night after league.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The fuel pump failed while my brother was borrowing the car - he's in Portland, OR. Local shop wanted $720 to replace it. So I hopped on a Southwest flight to PDX and replaced the fuel pump in the driveway.

I turned this into a short working vacation. Portland metro's been growing the past 12 years I've been coming up here, I've noticed that traffic has gotten really bad and drivers don't seem as patient as before.
    Love that. Great idea. Crazy they wanted to charge so much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2347 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1347184722472297233723452346234723482349235723972447 ... LastLast