Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2416 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1416191623162366240624142415241624172418242624662516 ... LastLast
Results 24,151 to 24,160 of 26150
    Well I found the oil leak. There is a drain plug on the back of the head. Number 23

I was able to get back there with a 5mm Allen wrench and it tightened up about 1/4 turn. I then cleaned as much of the oil as I could off the exhaust, engine, and trans.

Then I gave her a wash and hopefully that takes care of the oil leak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Hope so!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Hope so!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Made it to the golf course and back with no smoke....fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Ah, the joys of a used car. Got my new FCABs in today (Meyle HD) and found out the old ones were different left/right. Left was Meyle HD and was pretty solid still, right side definitely needed replacing and promptly puked oil when it ripped taking it off. Hmm, since it was oil filled I wonder if it was Lemforder? 5 minutes with a dremel on the centre metal insert and it was off, new FCABs slid on like butter with some dish soap.

My intention was to keep the old ones so I could press in Z4M FCABs into the old lollipops, but I'm not sure if IDs would be to the same tolerances left and right. I'm really in no rush though so I'll press the old ones out first and measure the bores to make sure the press fit will be more or less the same. Then whenever I happen to be in the US next I'll order the Z4M FCABs from FCP.

Left:

Right:

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Ah, the joys of a used car. Got my new FCABs in today (Meyle HD) and found out the old ones were different left/right. Left was Meyle HD and was pretty solid still, right side definitely needed replacing and promptly puked oil when it ripped taking it off.
    Maybe this was the source of your strange alignment woes?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Maybe this was the source of your strange alignment woes?
    You know what... I never put 2 and 2 together. This could be it! Once unbolted from the car the oil-filled bushing had a lot of play and made a squishing noise whenever you moved it. And this totally makes sense, since worn FCABs do seem to contribute to excessive toe compliance. Still going to get my alignment at a shop this time around but I may use their setup to verify the string method

You know what... I never put 2 and 2 together. This could be it! Once unbolted from the car the oil-filled bushing had a lot of play and made a squishing noise whenever you moved it. And this totally makes sense, since worn FCABs do seem to contribute to excessive toe compliance. Still going to get my alignment at a shop this time around but I may use their setup to verify the string method
    I mean at this point it's a bad fcab or ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Lol! Hoping it's not the ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Lol! Hoping it's not the ghosts.
    Miiiiight be ghosts lol. I went ahead and got my alignment done. I’m not sure what’s up with this car though… after they aligned it, the steering wheel was canted to the right, and I still have a very slight pull to the left. So they shimmied the tie rods over a bit which centred the steering, but the ever so slight pull is there. Could just be the crown in the road, but I can do a very slow lane change with my hands off the wheel. Gonna live with it though, at least until the next suspension upgrade.

Miiiiight be ghosts lol. I went ahead and got my alignment done. I’m not sure what’s up with this car though… after they aligned it, the steering wheel was canted to the right, and I still have a very slight pull to the left. So they shimmied the tie rods over a bit which centred the steering, but the ever so slight pull is there. Could just be the crown in the road, but I can do a very slow lane change with my hands off the wheel. Gonna live with it though, at least until the next suspension upgrade.
    Regarding the off center steering wheel: Was the steering guibo ever changed? maybe it wasn't properly 'clocked' (for a lack of words).

double checks to ensure I'm not quoting/linking your own solution/findings to you. Lol

Page 2416 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1416191623162366240624142415241624172418242624662516 ... LastLast