Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2474 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1474197423742424246424722473247424752476248425242574 ... LastLast
Results 24,731 to 24,740 of 26150
    I won’t spam the chat about this issue anymore but finally got the E46 up and running no thanks to FCP, I’m a little peeved and they’ll get a call from me Monday. I ended up calling a shop not even 2 miles away from me called West Bay Bavarian. My friend constantly hits up North Bay Bavarian for parts and help with small things, and I was ready to see if my location would extend the same love. And sure enough they do. And they don’t sell genuine, they sell OE brands. He let me pick my brand, got me pricing, and got all my parts to me within 2-3 hours. I’m spoiled. So I picked up my OFHG, VANOS crushies, and a vacuum cap (to delete the exhaust canister) for under $13. I felt spoiled.

So I throw the exhaust canister off my balcony just to feel something and do the OFHG, armed with a bottle of degreaser, a water jet, and a roll of “shop paper towels” that didn’t pick up grease as it advertised. I ended up using all but 3 squares cleaning up all the oil. I was finishing the job by tightening the VANOS line. Of course I’m using a pipe wrench because I’m a post college graduate in the middle of a pandemic, so half my life is in a storage unit in SoCal, and the other half is in the SF Bay (home), and of course my 19mm and oil filter tool are in SoCal because “I’ll be back by the time I need these,” is what I told myself about 11 months ago. So by using the wrong tool and tightening a little blind, I tighten the bolt right through the oil pressure sensor. That’s about on brand. And West Bay Bavarian had just closed.

Woke up early Friday and drove to fedex, happy to see my FCP order that was guaranteed to be delivered that day, is there. I get there right when they open with my tracking, and am told I won’t get my package because “it’s been delayed” and “unless [I] want to spend $5,000 getting it, the package stays [at fedex] until Monday”. No problem, I start my first post college job Monday which is why I paid expedited shipping, because I have to drive to my job. And now I have this pressure sensor issue. So I call my knight in shining armor at West Bay and of course he’ll have my oil pressure sensor AND the voltage regulator I desperately need to get back in the road, by noon. I did pay a considerable premium but again, I start my job on Monday, the car is apart, I just wanted it done. The rest is history - I got my parts, swapped the voltage regulator, bought a 24mm wrench for the oil pressure sensor so I would take rinse repeat my error, turned it over and she fired right up . Which could not have had better timing, since I needed to run be at a clients just 30 minutes after that first crank. Made it just in time.

Alright that’s my last update. Just wanted to share my absolute roller coaster. Except for the crank sensor, everything I ordered at FCP will be returned. A little bit of a bummer

Glad you got it sorted, but as you said there is a pandemic & mail has been slowed since last summer. It's nice to be able to plan ahead & order parts from afar. In cases of emergencies you have to bite the bullet & by local. I ordered some stuff from FCP on Mon, got word on Fri that my order had shipped & received it the next day/Sat. I'm on the east coast so it's an easy trip with their free shipping.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Woke up early Friday and drove to fedex, happy to see my FCP order that was guaranteed to be delivered that day, is there.

I get there right when they open with my tracking, [I]and am told I won’t get my package because “it’s been delayed” and “unless want to spend $5,000 getting it, the package stays [at fedex] until Monday”.
    I don't see how this is FCP Euro's fault. To me reading this it seems to be a FEDEX issue. To me there's nothing more aggravating than knowing your package is there on site yet these asshats tell you that you can't pick it up earlier. This is crap. It sucks that you had to go thru all this just to get your car running again. I know I would not be happy with the overall experience. Glad to see you got your car sorted though...

Yeah, FedEx absolutely blows. I've had bad experiences with them, which I haven't had with UPS. Hell, even USPS has a better track record for me. Sucks that FCP, as awesome as they are, uses them. Lucky to live 15 minutes from them so don't have to deal with FedEx.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Glad you got it sorted, but as you said there is a pandemic & mail has been slowed since last summer. It's nice to be able to plan ahead & order parts from afar. In cases of emergencies you have to bite the bullet & by local. I ordered some stuff from FCP on Mon, got word on Fri that my order had shipped & received it the next day/Sat. I'm on the east coast so it's an easy trip with their free shipping.
    This is true. I'm not sure anyone else is in the SF Bay, but I've been really lucky with mail. My buddy in LA sent me a wedding invite and I got it before his friends in OC. However mail is handled up here is really well. We get everything really early in comparison to my friends over the state and country. I ordered on Monday with 3-day shipping, thought that would be good. I've had under 10 late packages in my life. I digress, peace was restored in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I don't see how this is FCP Euro's fault. To me reading this it seems to be a FEDEX issue. To me there's nothing more aggravating than knowing your package is there on site yet these asshats tell you that you can't pick it up earlier. This is crap. It sucks that you had to go thru all this just to get your car running again. I know I would not be happy with the overall experience. Glad to see you got your car sorted though...
    It's not directly FCP Euro's fault, but even my confirmation email says "guaranteed by 3/26". FedEx is 100% the issue, but I'm still going to request a refund. FedEx didn't deliver to FCP, which in turns means they didn't deliver to me. I'm lucky I have a local dealer, and even luckier I have a shop that will supply me OE parts at comparable prices. If they don't feel confident in the order arriving at the time they state, they shouldn't quote it. I'm sure what has happened to me happens to a very small percentage of their packages. Perhaps I feel a bit more emotional about this package since it had what I needed to fix my car to get to my first "real" job. I don't know what I would have done if West Bay Bavarian didn't come through for me - my dealer is usually takes 24 hours to get parts.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Yeah, FedEx absolutely blows. I've had bad experiences with them, which I haven't had with UPS. Hell, even USPS has a better track record for me. Sucks that FCP, as awesome as they are, uses them. Lucky to live 15 minutes from them so don't have to deal with FedEx.
    FedEx is truly the worst. I later discovered they pack their packages the worst (forget the logistical reason) and don't let their workers unionize, and are treated measurably worse. When I sell things I almost exclusively ship with USPS. When I have to use UPS, they have been pretty good to me. Although I know my shipping experiences (lack of delays, good UPS experience, few lost packages) is unique

That sounds frustrating, but glad you got your car up and running again.

Don't worry, if you paid extra to have a guarantee on delivery date with FCP and it's late, you'll definitely get a gift card. That happened to my friend and IIRC they comp'd him $50 or so
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Don't worry, if you paid extra to have a guarantee on delivery date with FCP and it's late, you'll definitely get a gift card. That happened to my friend and IIRC they comp'd him $50 or so
    I think my order was too small for any additional comp. They refunded my shipping which is all I wanted - that feels fair. I am sadly returning the majority of the parts though. Cool GoKart photo. I had my first day at work and my boss is really big into racing. He highly suggested getting I get into carting.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I think my order was too small for any additional comp. They refunded my shipping which is all I wanted - that feels fair. I am sadly returning the majority of the parts though. Cool GoKart photo. I had my first day at work and my boss is really big into racing. He highly suggested getting I get into carting.
    Thanks! Actually I do wish I got into karting, that's just me in my school's FSAE car, was on the team all of my undergrad. Tons of fun and by far the best car I've ever driven... unfortunately it's been about a couple years since I last drove one of those, now that undergrad is done
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Thanks! Actually I do wish I got into karting, that's just me in my school's FSAE car, was on the team all of my undergrad. Tons of fun and by far the best car I've ever driven... unfortunately it's been about a couple years since I last drove one of those, now that undergrad is done
    What are you studying? School car still looks pretty serious. I'm sure that thing pulled some nasty G's.

Page 2474 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1474197423742424246424722473247424752476248425242574 ... LastLast