Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2477 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1477197723772427246724752476247724782479248725272577 ... LastLast
Results 24,761 to 24,770 of 26150
    Replaced all the door interior trim clips with the exception of one door, as those were in new condition. Also cleaned out the fuel-soaked insulation under the rear bench seat that was a source of a heavy fuel smell. Going to have to get the rear bench professionally cleaned as the foam itself also smells like fuel. I forgot to take pics of how disgusting it is underneath there so I'll leave it to a detail shop. The fuel-soajed insulation has turned into a nast crumbly sludge. Pure cringe...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Replaced all the door interior trim clips with the exception of one door, as those were in new condition. Also cleaned out the fuel-soaked insulation under the rear bench seat that was a source of a heavy fuel smell. Going to have to get the rear bench professionally cleaned as the foam itself also smells like fuel. I forgot to take pics of how disgusting it is underneath there so I'll leave it to a detail shop. The fuel-soajed insulation has turned into a nast crumbly sludge. Pure cringe...

If one of my garages starts to smell like fuel then I know what happened...

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty similar, there's only so many ways you can make a simple plate like that. Since I have access to a machine shop I figured I might as well take advantage of it - the material was something like $2 and waterjetting was free.

Fun fact I actually posted on the Spec E46 FB group asking if anyone was willing to give dimensions of that plate since it's a super common mod within their community and I couldn't measure my car since it's in winter storage. I got flamed hard... to put it lightly those guys aren't the friendliest bunch compared to the guys on here or NAM3F where I've had quite a few people offer their help.
    That's fair, I mean if you have the tooling. I bought the actual mount that BMW welds to the frame rail, it has a PN - it was $25 to my door. I made a very juvenile mount for my first E46 when I ripped the studs out. I also hang out here a lot for the same reasons. This is actually the last forum I still communicate on. Love it here. I got to branch out of this thread one of these days.

Tried to do an oil change today, but my jack doesn't actually lift for like the first 30˚ of actuation, which is crucial for that beginning lift part. I don't know if there's a PN or anything for the center front jack mount, but mine has nothing and is collapsing bad. I'm going to look into retrofitting an M3 one. It looks like it'll fit, just have to verify the front splash guard will screw into it.

Then today on one of my drives my HVAC randomly switched to Celsius. Then after two drives in Celsius, the HVAC stopped working altogether. I parked and saw the voltage was 12.2v. When I drive, its 13.5v steady, rarely 13.6v. 12.2v seems pretty slow for a new FSR, Voltage Regulator and a recharged battery. I'm beginning to think its my alternator... The fun just doesn't stop! Now why its my HVAC that always acts up, I'm not sure. I'm suspicious of BlueBus since on my last HVAC unit, it would cause it to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    If one of my garages starts to smell like fuel then I know what happened...
    What happens to cause this?

Edit: has anyone here spent some time with the G20? I'm thinking of retrofitting the laser headlights for a fun project, but I feel that projector may look so out of place in E46. Would love some inputs though.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post

Edit: has anyone here spent some time with the G20? I'm thinking of retrofitting the laser headlights for a fun project, but I feel that projector may look so out of place in E46. Would love some inputs though.
    You're going to experiment with a couple of grand's worth of headlights??
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

They get as cheap as $300 a headlight. And I see each side has two projectors. I know only the outer has laser but it could still be a new improvement.

They get as cheap as $300 a headlight. And I see each side has two projectors. I know only the outer has laser but it could still be a new improvement.
    Every laser light I see on eBay is over a grand per side. Even the regular LED ones are close to a grand a piece used. Where are you seeing undamaged lights for that little?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Finally got the PASOFT installed on the XP laptop. Was able to do it by myself, but had Tony on "standby" just in case, which was a bog help. \

Only did 3 things today:
    --cleared some DTCs,
    --got the convenience lock enabled: (now i can put down the windows with remote AND up without sunroof and the small windows being affected either way.)
    --And finally, enabled auto-lock at 16 km/h.

Right now, that's it, but need to see what else I can do with PASoft. If there are any other things that people do, but I might have forgotten, pls mention.

Thanks IA
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Botond used my wet/vac to clean up his rear bench seat which had some gas residue on the mess that was under the bench seat from when his fuel pump was replaced. Apparently the shop who worked on his car did not clean up the gas spill and debris around the fuel pump...

Retrofitted rain sensing wipers and automatic headlights this weekend. Not a bad process but a little tedious to get the wiring tidy. Spent most of the time honestly recreating the black shading around the RLS. Used exterior latex black paint on the inside of the windshield, snapped on the cover after it dried, the used a razor to cut around it and peel it away. We’ll see how it holds up. Need a new windshield at some point due to it being sandblasted from driving and a small star impact crack. But, for now it will do. Everything seems to be working great but I think the lights come on a little to easily. What I mean by that is it’s not really dark to make them come on. Good enough for now. That’s to NextelBuddy’s thread to make this a pretty easy retrofit: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/archi...p/t-19984.html

Page 2477 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1477197723772427246724752476247724782479248725272577 ... LastLast