Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2488 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1488198823882438247824862487248824892490249825382588 ... LastLast
Results 24,871 to 24,880 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I have a friend here with an F31d...it's great! And with a tune it makes it as quick, if not quicker than a sorted M54B30.

Most of last year I drove my Dad's F10d (535d xDrive M sport) and just kept falling in love with the power delivery since during heavy Covid restrictions he wasn't using it very much. In the city it's easy to be quicker than my M3 because of the torque and AWD which is surprising because it's not a small car. I knew I needed a "35d" for myself before they aren't allowed on the roads or too hard to find. A mint one came along locally on Craigslist and it was mine 2 days later.

My close friend works at a well respected worldwide tuning shop for diesels and they are familiar with the E90 335d / E70 X5d so that's what helped me go in that direction because they knew a lot about the engine. The good thing is they are a 20 minute drive away from my home. LOL

I really wish the F31 came in a 35d format in NA but I'm sure the lack of market acceptance was a major cause of it not being available. Having AWD and that amazing ZF8 is a sweet spot to a BMW diesel power plant. At the end of the day it is still internally, a dirty technology and I get it. The manufacturers are forced to make it "clean" but it can only get so clean until you resort to extreme measures to keep selling them. Performance TDIs are a gem when sorted. They really are one of the best kept secrets for "cheap" and refined power.

My new tune is running around 400hp or even just a tad more with just under 650ft lbs torque now. This is kind of an early mid point of what the engine can truly do. I think I'll keep it here because it's still not enough to overwhelm the E90 chassis because of great computer torque management but enough to raise your hairs and swear as you transition to the brakes to avoid going to jail. LOL

An NA engine like the M54/S54 still has its place and it's very relevant in fun factor and pure emotion. Having the M57 diesel has made me appreciate the NA engine even more and it'll always be in my heart!
    Hybrid turboes and an R90 pump are in your future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Ordered some F82 M4 front calipers because I have no self-control. I paid under $650 so I got a deal I couldn't pass up. I'm going to get an M3 master cylinder. Any idea where I can check the bias of the master cylinder in the F30/F80?

Still have HVAC issues but today I found out pulling fuse 62 and 63 seem to fix it, which is odd since those are AC related and my AC works fine.

Also ordered an F30 cluster with a pigtail as a part of a project I'm working on.

Oh and I grabbed an E9x handle and an E46 - "inside door" mounting to see if I can get an E9x door handle in for comfort access. Initial tests are going really well but unsurprisingly there are some modifications that need to be made.

The BBK absolutely crushed my wrap/Mtech bumper budget...but who can beat the sexy in the wheel? I also have decided against my LSD purchase for the BBK. I only want the LSD for when I have more power, and we're just not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Hybrid turboes and an R90 pump are in your future

No! Stop!!! Stop!! My friend says that too.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Ordered some F82 M4 front calipers because I have no self-control. I paid under $650 so I got a deal I couldn't pass up. I'm going to get an M3 master cylinder. Any idea where I can check the bias of the master cylinder in the F30/F80?

Still have HVAC issues but today I found out pulling fuse 62 and 63 seem to fix it, which is odd since those are AC related and my AC works fine.

Also ordered an F30 cluster with a pigtail as a part of a project I'm working on.

Oh and I grabbed an E9x handle and an E46 - "inside door" mounting to see if I can get an E9x door handle in for comfort access. Initial tests are going really well but unsurprisingly there are some modifications that need to be made.

The BBK absolutely crushed my wrap/Mtech bumper budget...but who can beat the sexy in the wheel? I also have decided against my LSD purchase for the BBK. I only want the LSD for when I have more power, and we're just not there yet.
    Glad to see that you are still working on the CA mod!!

I have the comfort access and a CAS module just laying around collecting dust. It’s super low on my priority list now unfortunately.

-Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I have a friend here with an F31d...it's great! And with a tune it makes it as quick, if not quicker than a sorted M54B30.

Most of last year I drove my Dad's F10d (535d xDrive M sport) and just kept falling in love with the power delivery since during heavy Covid restrictions he wasn't using it very much. In the city it's easy to be quicker than my M3 because of the torque and AWD which is surprising because it's not a small car. I knew I needed a "35d" for myself before they aren't allowed on the roads or too hard to find. A mint one came along locally on Craigslist and it was mine 2 days later.

My close friend works at a well respected worldwide tuning shop for diesels and they are familiar with the E90 335d / E70 X5d so that's what helped me go in that direction because they knew a lot about the engine. The good thing is they are a 20 minute drive away from my home. LOL

I really wish the F31 came in a 35d format in NA but I'm sure the lack of market acceptance was a major cause of it not being available. Having AWD and that amazing ZF8 is a sweet spot to a BMW diesel power plant. At the end of the day it is still internally, a dirty technology and I get it. The manufacturers are forced to make it "clean" but it can only get so clean until you resort to extreme measures to keep selling them. Performance TDIs are a gem when sorted. They really are one of the best kept secrets for "cheap" and refined power.

My new tune is running around 400hp or even just a tad more with just under 650ft lbs torque now. This is kind of an early mid point of what the engine can truly do. I think I'll keep it here because it's still not enough to overwhelm the E90 chassis because of great computer torque management but enough to raise your hairs and swear as you transition to the brakes to avoid going to jail. LOL

An NA engine like the M54/S54 still has its place and it's very relevant in fun factor and pure emotion. Having the M57 diesel has made me appreciate the NA engine even more and it'll always be in my heart!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Now I want a diesel even more than I already did.

400hp...650 ft lbs... midpoint?

And I'd bet the mpg is phenomenal.

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Now I want a diesel even more than I already did.

400hp...650 ft lbs... midpoint?

And I'd bet the mpg is phenomenal.
    I was with my buddy who drove his FRS, ripping a good hard cornering 350 mile loop. He just about ran out of fuel 3/4 way through because we were out in the boonies. But when we got back to the starting point I used just around half a tank. I returned 36-40 MPG. I just can’t wait until I can actually do long trips and I’m not going WOT after every apex. I have a good feeling It’ll be 45 MPG.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Oil change

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Glad to see that you are still working on the CA mod!!

I have the comfort access and a CAS module just laying around collecting dust. It’s super low on my priority list now unfortunately.
    I see you read the same thread I did! It would be nice, right?

Alright I have to ask the mafia. So I went to a car wash today. edit: Car wash apparently glossed my clutch (According to my friend based on symptoms I provided). Did some driving today and it massively improved
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 05-05-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I see you read the same thread I did! It would be nice, right?

Alright I have to ask the mafia. So I went to a car wash today. edit: Car wash apparently glossed my clutch (According to my friend based on symptoms I provided). Did some driving today and it massively improved
    Sorry to hear that, those kinds of stories are why I'm super paranoid about having randoms drive my car. And when they do, there is no reason to unplug my dash cam (which the dealer did when they did the airbag recall, but nothing happened as that dealer is actually pretty decent).

Yesterday I got around to polishing my seat with some rubbing compound. I (rather stupidly) put my seat together while I was still in the middle of fixing my stripped oil pan, so I didn't take as much care as I should have. This resulted in significant scuffing of the gel-coat:

I think I'd need some sort of mini rotary buffer to get it better. 20 minutes by hand just isn't going to cut it:

From far it's much less noticeable though:

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Installed Euro clears + MSport brake ducts + MSport air dam + MSport fender liners + newly painted genuine MTech bumper + new front bumper trim + ebay fog lights + Hamann rep fog light covers + rear water deflector.

I was fuming when I unpacked the MSport air dam because this brand new genuine BMW part was just the regular air dam that some Italian worker cut into the MSport shape with a box cutter at 4:59pm on a Friday. Very messy line and cracks everywhere. At least you don't see it behind the bumper. Got new headlight lenses and gaskets coming too. Debating whether to have the fog light covers painted like Hamann intended.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  260.6 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  433.6 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 2488 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1488198823882438247824862487248824892490249825382588 ... LastLast