Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2516 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 151620162416246625062514251525162517251825262566 ... LastLast
Results 25,151 to 25,160 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I've had no issues with my poly subframe and diff mounts but ever since I swapped my rear springs you can feel and hear the rear inner wheel spinning up on corner exit. Kinda want to swap to Camry spherical RTABs, but I don't really want to deal with having to sort out a press tool for that
    Camry RTABs will definitely fix that, when I first sent it around a corner after installation I thought someone had secretly installed a LSD. The RTAB tool is easy to come by, the hard part is sanding them down and trying to center them.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Ever so slight vibration at idle with M3 engine mounts, but you'd have to be fairly picky about that.

I've had no issues with my poly subframe and diff mounts but ever since I swapped my rear springs you can feel and hear the rear inner wheel spinning up on corner exit. Kinda want to swap to Camry spherical RTABs, but I don't really want to deal with having to sort out a press tool for that
    You can easily make an Rtab tool out of scrap metal. I made one similar to this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIS-BMW-RTA...-127632-2357-0

Definitely do the spherical RTABs. Homie ain't lying when he says it improves grip that much. My current setup with rubber RTABs+limiters and an ACTUAL LSD has less grip than the Camry rtabearings and open diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Camry RTABs will definitely fix that, when I first sent it around a corner after installation I thought someone had secretly installed a LSD. The RTAB tool is easy to come by, the hard part is sanding them down and trying to center them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    You can easily make an Rtab tool out of scrap metal. I made one similar to this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIS-BMW-RTA...-127632-2357-0

Definitely do the spherical RTABs. Homie ain't lying when he says it improves grip that much. My current setup with rubber RTABs+limiters and an ACTUAL LSD has less grip than the Camry rtabearings and open diff.
    hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrngggggggghhhhhhhhh

... ok

also it looks like I can just use a balljoint press, which is free to rent at Canadian Tire. I unfortunately have very limited access to my school's machine shop now that I'm about to graduate (although one of the machinists was nice enough to waterjet me those chassis rail reinforcement plates for my hitch)

Edit: Ooooooooh and dropping the RTABs would give me the opportunity of fixing yet again, more rust! yaaaaaaaaaay
    Last edited by t.er; 07-29-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Washed the car and sent my ZHP to start a journey with the new owner.

I miss it already.....
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Interlagous Blue | Maritime dash and console trim | 6MT
    UUC short shifter, Euro cats, CSL Euro headers, Evolve CSL Intake and tune, TC Klein Smart Design Double Adjustable Coilovers, Dinan strut brace, CDV Delete, ZHP shift knob, Arkym splitter and spoiler, WPC Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Apex Arc-8, VAC Pump Upgrade, Bluebus

I'll try to hold on to mine as long as I can drive a three pedal. I will have to start saving a bunch of $$$ to have the ZHP do a complete close to factory paint job. Will probably cost $7K.....

And after will have to do a Clear Bra for the front.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Anyone know where I can find OEM fog inserts for the zhp bumper? Can’t seem to find anything anywhere except for eBay ones. Mine is missing completely.
    Read something briefly about fluted/non fluted? And that the OEM m3 fog covers fit ours?

Also, I’m still hunting for warm interior LEDs and that has been a total pain. They pretty much don’t exist. I’m not a big fan of the super white almost blue hinted LEDs.

Lastly, a progress pic of the new interior I finally sourced! Thanks all for the consistent advice.
    Name:  6ECB546C-AE7D-4F58-B073-1A2756D8DF03.jpeg
Views: 285
Size:  718.1 KB
    200K REFRESH PROJECT

Quote Originally Posted by roddykar View Post
    Anyone know where I can find OEM fog inserts for the zhp bumper? Can’t seem to find anything anywhere except for eBay ones. Mine is missing completely.
    Read something briefly about fluted/non fluted? And that the OEM m3 fog covers fit ours?
    The M3 and M-Tech 2 (ZHP) use the same fog surrounds.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...hoCjl8QAvD_BwE

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...hoCxV8QAvD_BwE

These should be the right ones. Doing anything on a phone is a PITA so I'll leave it to someone else to chime in if I'm wrong as I won't verify it right now.

Also, I’m still hunting for warm interior LEDs and that has been a total pain. They pretty much don’t exist. I’m not a big fan of the super white almost blue hinted LEDs.
    I know, right? I hate the cold look of every LED kit on the market. I'm going to be putting together my own kit one of these days as my dome light burned out on the touring.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by roddykar View Post
    Are you talking about the foglight trim?

Fluted versus non-fluted refers to the actual foglight lens. The non-fluted lens is clear, whereas the fluted lens has the vertical lines on it.

These are the part numbers for the trim:
    Right side: 51117893068
    Left side: 51117893067

ECStuning has them among other stores.

edit: Yep, those part numbers above look right. I ordered and installed the right side one myself recently.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The M3 and M-Tech 2 (ZHP) use the same fog surrounds.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...hoCjl8QAvD_BwE

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...hoCxV8QAvD_BwE

These should be the right ones. Doing anything on a phone is a PITA so I'll leave it to someone else to chime in if I'm wrong as I won't verify it right now.

I know, right? I hate the cold look of every LED kit on the market. I'm going to be putting together my own kit one of these days as my dome light burned out on the touring.
    If you manage to put one together with the same kelvin temperature at like 3200k, sign me up right away!! I almost was able to source a set from eBay that were all warm but the temperatures were all different so I ended up not doing it. Found some at 3200k, found some at 4000k and 4500k. Couldn’t find everything at 3200k. Such a pain! I’ve checked AliExpress, eBay, and all other suppliers through google searches.

And thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Are you talking about the foglight trim?

Fluted versus non-fluted refers to the actual foglight lens. The non-fluted lens is clear, whereas the fluted lens has the vertical lines on it.

These are the part numbers for the trim:
    Right side: 51117893068
    Left side: 51117893067

ECStuning has them among other stores.

edit: Yep, those part numbers above look right. I ordered and installed the right side one myself recently.
    Thanks so much for the info. Appreciate this. Gonna go ahead and grab the trim then. My lenses are fine, they are the clear ones.
    200K REFRESH PROJECT

Wait so maybe I’m tripping, but isn’t there some sort of insert that goes on the sides of the actual fog light? Mine is empty and has some wires exposed from a certain angle.
    200K REFRESH PROJECT

Page 2516 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 151620162416246625062514251525162517251825262566 ... LastLast