Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2533 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153320332433248325232531253225332534253525432583 ... LastLast
Results 25,321 to 25,330 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Yes, it would be covered. My back started feeling worse so I decided to go. I was told the next couple days will suck and to see how I feel then. I’ll unfortunately have to deal with what to do next about a car starting tomorrow. I’ll either be rebuild as salvage, repaired under existing title if insurance says it can, or worst case get a new chassis.

The idea of a new chassis and swapping everything over sound painful.
    Oh geez. I hope everything is alright with you. With my move to Cali next month I'm honestly a bit scared of healthcare and car insurance.

If it was a hard hit then it's likely to be totalled out given the age of our cars. I was in a similar situation and at least in Ontario you can fight the valuation of your car by getting your own appraisal. My car was supposed to be totalled in 2015 but I fought it and won, got my car fixed.

All of this is why I want to get an agreed-value policy when I switch, but you apparently cannot have that if you only have one car. Would hate to lose my car AND get screwed over in the payout because some Karen in an SUV was texting and just ran into me

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Oh geez. I hope everything is alright with you. With my move to Cali next month I'm honestly a bit scared of healthcare and car insurance.
    Car insurance should be doable, there are options. Moose drivers probably aren't great but multiply that by 10 and you get US drivers. I would recommend to start driving defensively and expect everyone else to screw up at any time. Avoid heavily congested areas if possible, even if it makes the route longer.

For health insurance, do you still have your Canadian insurance? That's basically what I'm doing, if something serious happens and I can still fly, I'll go back home and deal with it there.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

If it was a hard hit then it's likely to be totalled out given the age of our cars. I was in a similar situation and at least in Ontario you can fight the valuation of your car by getting your own appraisal. My car was supposed to be totalled in 2015 but I fought it and won, got my car fixed.

All of this is why I want to get an agreed-value policy when I switch, but you apparently cannot have that if you only have one car. Would hate to lose my car AND get screwed over in the payout because some Karen in an SUV was texting and just ran into me

It went above bumper so crash integrity is in tact. Light quarter panel tweak, trunk, and trim below trunk (but not bumper). I don’t even know how to define the harshness of the hit. It all happened so fast. I was driving up a hill and didn’t even use the brakes to slow down, just gravity. Plowed by a lifted Tacoma.

Honest moment with my little family here. I found a really nice ZHP I kind of hope they total it, I would love to snag this ZHP I found. I wouldn’t have to do my headliner, get bumpers, repaint, find a door panel, etc. all these small things I want to do to my existing car that are just done on this ZHP. I’m finally out of college, I finally have a career. I think I deserve this really nice example. Only downside is it’s an automatic. I could move my manual over but the work...I already need to recover my subframe. So big picture it kind of evens out. Don’t mind giving a little TLC

Sorry this happened to you. But good to hear you may grab a nicer ZHP in the near future.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Car insurance should be doable, there are options. Moose drivers probably aren't great but multiply that by 10 and you get US drivers. I would recommend to start driving defensively and expect everyone else to screw up at any time. Avoid heavily congested areas if possible, even if it makes the route longer.

For health insurance, do you still have your Canadian insurance? That's basically what I'm doing, if something serious happens and I can still fly, I'll go back home and deal with it there.

Heh, yeah the area where I live in Toronto is I believe the 2nd worst area for insurance in the GTA and possibly all of Canada. But at least I know my insurance company won't screw me over - I had to fight them for my first accident, but my 2nd accident in Cali they had my back when the other guy's shitty company "Alliance United" wanted to total my car for like $3-4k. My company just approved like $5k worth of repairs without batting an eye, and sued Alliance United for the repairs. Hahaha suckaaaas. But this is why I really want to get an agreed-value policy, but seems not possible unless I get a 2nd car.

This is true actually. Stuff like dental and optical was covered under my parents' insurance plans as I was a dependent, but now I won't be so I won't have that privilege. But stuff like doctors or dermatologist appointments, or more serious stuff like surgerys I believe should still be covered with my health card. Within the last month I had to get an ultrasound done at the suggestion of my doctor for my checkup before I go. And years ago I had to get an MRI done... all covered by health card.

It went above bumper so crash integrity is in tact. Light quarter panel tweak, trunk, and trim below trunk (but not bumper). I don’t even know how to define the harshness of the hit. It all happened so fast. I was driving up a hill and didn’t even use the brakes to slow down, just gravity. Plowed by a lifted Tacoma.

Honest moment with my little family here. I found a really nice ZHP I kind of hope they total it, I would love to snag this ZHP I found. I wouldn’t have to do my headliner, get bumpers, repaint, find a door panel, etc. all these small things I want to do to my existing car that are just done on this ZHP. I’m finally out of college, I finally have a career. I think I deserve this really nice example. Only downside is it’s an automatic. I could move my manual over but the work...I already need to recover my subframe. So big picture it kind of evens out. Don’t mind giving a little TLC
    Just make sure not to take the first offer from insurance. It will likely be very low, tell them all you have spent in terms of recent maintenance, make it sound like your car is a creampuff of an example and they should start bumping up the payout for it. With my first accident the initial offer was $6.2k, we made it to $8.8k before they agreed to just repair the car.

Sorry to hear. Hope you don't have any lasting injuries. Hopefully they give you a decent payout for totaling it.

Checked out a ZHP. I mean I hang out here a lot and it would be cool if I owned one, but it not a requirement in my hunt. Sorry if you're the owner and reading this, but we talked about my honest opinion before I left anyway. I couldn't tell if they were active here. I'd love input from other members in regards to value. For me currently, I feel they oversold the condition so hard that seeing it in actuality was underwhelming. I feel I am being fair, but also I feel irritable with back pain, yet emotional with E46's since I have lost mine. Link to pics below.

First, the automatic. VERY slow compared to manual. I assume it has just been that long since I have driven an automatic E46, it's no secret they rob horsepower. It felt slower than my car to the point I wasn't sure if it was a ZHP.

Second, the condition. Exterior was very good. Aftermarket grill with a creaky fit but easy enough fix. Other scratches not worth mentioning. Interior was okay. The driver cushion has weird lines where I suspect they PO had buttons on the back of their shorts that scratched. Door trim was scratched. Dead pixels on nav. Steering wheel covered by crummy wrap. Just hard to overlook these issues when first text includes "you will not be disappointed. You will not find one cleaner than this, period!"

Third, mechanical. Engine was cleaned really well or leak free. Reports cooling system refresh. He has been the second owner for over a decade. I asked if ANYTHING has been done to the suspension, and he said no, never. On my test drive there is a bit of play going straight with no weight behind the wheel. I mentioned this to the owner and offered to show him as well, but he was adamant that there was nothing wrong. I don't know what to tell him about his ZHP, but my E46 just 30 hours prior had zero play. It wasn't a hill I wanted to die on but he wanted me to know that he would know if there was something wrong with the front, he would know. I just kind of ended on saying okay and saying I'm not going to fault a 15 year old car for having worn parts. Given how that conversation went, I decided not to mention how the engine mounts felt worn and that the diff felt like it moved a little on and off throttle. Its about that mileage for diff bushings. Again, not a hill I was going to die on.

He also mentioned his son drove it and got in a minor incident. He said something about being displeased with insurance and paying for it out of pocket (headlight, hood, fender maybe?). Those are decent costs at the dealer. I think between that and sentimental value, the owner believes this is the best example possible. In my opinion it's a really nice example, but I think in person and over text he wanted me to feel this was the most amazing car ever. I wouldn't call it that.

He wants $12k for 115k mile automatic with no heated seats and no lumbar (how???). After looking at comps such as BaT and curing CL listings, I think it's a smidge high. I feel people here are a little bias..you know...the website and all. But I'm looking for general feedback please. I really feel anything over $10.5K would be overpaying.

https://imgur.com/a/jmCoKHW

Just make sure not to take the first offer from insurance. It will likely be very low, tell them all you have spent in terms of recent maintenance, make it sound like your car is a creampuff of an example and they should start bumping up the payout for it. With my first accident the initial offer was $6.2k, we made it to $8.8k before they agreed to just repair the car.
    Very useful information. How does this process work? I am taking it to a shop tomorrow. I talked to my adjuster and slid in all the parts I have put in within the last 12-16 months and he was like "yeah that sucks" and went onward. I definitely want that included in my evaluation, especially my LSD since it has under 1,500 miles on it.
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 09-15-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Very useful information. How does this process work? I am taking it to a shop tomorrow. I talked to my adjuster and slid in all the parts I have put in within the last 12-16 months and he was like "yeah that sucks" and went onward. I definitely want that included in my evaluation, especially my LSD since it has under 1,500 miles on it.
    Bear in mind this is in Ontario - mine was some back and forth over email and phone. However I wouldn't state any mods or your claim could get denied, assuming you never told them about mods in the first place. I'd just talk about all the OE replacement parts and tell them that is all part of preventative maintenance. After $8.8k they told me to prove my car was worth what I said it was so I went ahead and paid $200 for an independent appraisal who valued my car at $13k.

Oooooo man. If you have the space and time for it, it could be worth it to take the car back if the buyout is low, otherwise you loose all the shiny new mod parts you've put on the car. For example say they offer $10k on the car and the salvage value is $2k, you could take the car and they would cut you a cheque for $8k. Then you could do whatever you want - fix and drive again as a salvage title, take the LSD off and swap back to stock and sell the car as-is, take all the parts for manual swap with the new ZHP if you go for it and part out the rest of the car...

Edit: oh and Re: ZHP, seems pretty high to me but this market is crazy right now and I've noticed in general the prices of cars in that area is sky-high anyways. Yeah that steering wheel is horrendous and funny how the rear diffuser is body colour, that looks so weird. Also missing fog light trim.

I'd recommend to leave it until you are least know what your settlement is with your car.

Bear in mind this is in Ontario - mine was some back and forth over email and phone. However I wouldn't state any mods or your claim could get denied, assuming you never told them about mods in the first place. I'd just talk about all the OE replacement parts and tell them that is all part of preventative maintenance. After $8.8k they told me to prove my car was worth what I said it was so I went ahead and paid $200 for an independent appraisal who valued my car at $13k.

Oooooo man. If you have the space and time for it, it could be worth it to take the car back if the buyout is low, otherwise you loose all the shiny new mod parts you've put on the car. For example say they offer $10k on the car and the salvage value is $2k, you could take the car and they would cut you a cheque for $8k. Then you could do whatever you want - fix and drive again as a salvage title, take the LSD off and swap back to stock and sell the car as-is, take all the parts for manual swap with the new ZHP if you go for it and part out the rest of the car...

Edit: oh and Re: ZHP, seems pretty high to me but this market is crazy right now and I've noticed in general the prices of cars in that area is sky-high anyways. Yeah that steering wheel is horrendous and funny how the rear diffuser is body colour, that looks so weird. Also missing fog light trim.

I'd recommend to leave it until you are least know what your settlement is with your car.
    I'm glad you agree the ZHP feels high. I just wanted to be "leveled" if I was out of play. I will do my best not to get emotional. Definitely ISO coupe E46's with clean exteriors in CA. Inventory seems low right now in general.

My car is an 01' 330. KBB says $5.7k but market here is steering closer to 7.5k. I digress. in my opinion, I have to buy it back. My LSD, my suspension...not as much as others but my wheels. And the transmission. Honestly I can't imagine the ZHP (or my daily E46) without the manual. It was so lifeless for me.

I guess my car is just a shitbox because the exterior/interior condition of that white ZHP looks excellent to me.

However it would still be a hard pass at that price because the car was clearly not taken care of. I'm sorry, 115k miles and no suspension work??? That's fine if it's just some random guy selling their car and you're expecting to make it your project, but like you said, he clearly knew what he had and was adamant about the great condition.

Control arms, dampers, strut mounts, driveline bushings, suspension bushings... These will all need to be replaced.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 2533 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153320332433248325232531253225332534253525432583 ... LastLast