Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2551 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 155120512451250125412549255025512552255325612601 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,510 of 26150
    I haven't driven it for a couple of weeks and It's basically been sitting outside at work. Still haven't driven it since I had my friend drive it home for me for the long weekend... to be honest, I miss it so much!

Also in following my friend home at night, I realized a) my right tail light is permanently on, and b) the turn signals are permanently on the dim setting unless being used. I suspect it has something to do with me disconnecting power to the trailer wiring converter that I installed. Will re-connect and check again.

Also yeah damn Tyler, that is an impressive amount of work for just one weekend

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by cody_94 View Post
    Very nice! How bad was the manual swap? Did you change the diff too? Post up some pics!!
    Alright I’ll post a few photos at lunch here. We kept the LSD out as it was seaping a bit from one of the output shafts. Nothing crazy but it is under warranty.

Edit: What photos do you want? Here's one of my valve train. I am very happy, heh.

Name:  valvetrain.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  294.9 KB
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 11-24-2021 at 02:53 PM.

^ that's a clean engine.

I'll echo what other's have said: that's a lot for a weekend. Well done.

Yeah, that valvetrain is *chef's kiss*

Not much by any means - just covered up some scrapes on the underside of my car from the road trip and a couple massive speedbumps. Was surprised at how bad the scrapes were - my car isn't even that low!

This marks the first time I'm doing work on my own car, in my new garage. Tight, but manageable!

Also fixed my rear lights. Re-powered the trailer converter and all is well.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

I inspected my rear suspension as I try to work out some wiggly-ness in the road behavior. Springs looked good. RTA bushings looked dry but I couldn't get any play there. Might be time for a rear suspension overhaul regardless. The car is just shy of 190k.

Also adjusted my parking brake shoes, as the parking brake was essentially useless. Now it's working great, but it was a hell of a job with the 15mm spacers on the hubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 5Field View Post
    I inspected my rear suspension as I try to work out some wiggly-ness in the road behavior. Springs looked good. RTA bushings looked dry but I couldn't get any play there. Might be time for a rear suspension overhaul regardless. The car is just shy of 190k.

Also adjusted my parking brake shoes, as the parking brake was essentially useless. Now it's working great, but it was a hell of a job with the 15mm spacers on the hubs.

Spacers should be easy to remove

They've been on through many Minnesota winters and would take quite an effort to get off at this point, so anything I can do to avoid that is better.

Did a Brake Fluid Flush using ATE S4, Transmission Fluid Flush with RedLine MTL and Differential Fluid with Redline 75w-90.

Noticed my oil pan gasket is moist. Beginning stages for a leak. Ordered a a replacement gasket and new oil pan bolts. Might as well replace the gasket to the oil sensor so I also included that to my order with FCP Euro. This job will entail some professional help. Will probably do this on my next oil change. No biggie. As long as my parts are ready.

That is all.....
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

You may want to replace engine mounts and steering coupler while you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Did a Brake Fluid Flush using ATE S4, Transmission Fluid Flush with RedLine MTL and Differential Fluid with Redline 75w-90.

Noticed my oil pan gasket is moist. Beginning stages for a leak. Ordered a a replacement gasket and new oil pan bolts. Might as well replace the gasket to the oil sensor so I also included that to my order with FCP Euro. This job will entail some professional help. Will probably do this on my next oil change. No biggie. As long as my parts are ready.

That is all.....
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    You may want to replace engine mounts and steering coupler while you are there.
    Can you recommend a set of engine mounts? Nothing stiff but comparable to factory mounts. Please provide info such as P/Ns for mounts and steering coupler.

How can I tell if steering coupler is about go kaput? Or is this a preventive maintenance. I am also thinking of doing the steering reservoir and associated hoses.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Page 2551 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 155120512451250125412549255025512552255325612601 ... LastLast