Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2556 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 155620562456250625462554255525562557255825662606 ... LastLast
Results 25,551 to 25,560 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    WELL. I’ll eat my own words now. I have made over 15 calls for tires. At the end of the day I did find Michelins for the right price, but I didn’t like the installer or their warranty. I called my preferred shop of 7 years and they gave me a sweet deal to move to a tire they did have in stock…Indy 500’s! Here’s to hoping I get some improved wet performance
    If it helps, I run 32psi on my car. Give that a shot. Maybe even 30psi for wet conditions. I have excellent results with that, though I'm also running a lot of suspension mods, so keep that in mind.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I’m already at 32psi we’ll see. Ugh, I need to get the LSD back in. Two wheels are better than one!

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Alright I promised a status update. My YouTube channel (and myself) is not big enough for it to matter if I spill what I’m up to. I hate doing this journey alone and I love everyone here.

My last pic was some M240 seats I’m putting into my car. They need a wake up signal and so the arduino is there to mimic and F series wake up. I just don’t have the correct signal yet. I will make a plug and play solution so anyone can do this and retain airbags and seat memory, bracket and all.

Since I will already have the emulation layer, I decided I’ll retrofit iDrive 6 in there too. And since I’ll have iDrive I will also retrofit TPMS to get tire temperatures. That’s about as much as I’ll reveal there. If you can believe it, there’s more.

So all these things will require a lot of new wires, so I’m designing a secondary harness right now. I’ll have to pull up the carpet to make it clean. I don’t want to do it a second time.

I’ve regularly touted on my channel I want to make my car faster than an E92 M3. I can’t do that with this motor, so I’m also going to pre-wire my car for the engine I’ve chosen while I’m dropping a harness in. I now have three projects sharing a harness, so there’s a ton of specific pin outs I want to make sure I get right. I’ll be creating a test board that all the plugs go into to make sure everything is correct before I drop it in. If any of this sounds cool, www.youtube.com/builtforredlinedefinitely check out my channel because I’ll post my entire journey there. I’m also really thankful to the support I have behind me on this project from a couple BMW techs, retrofitting pro’s, and my local car friends. This is a massive undertaking and I appreciate the props with every step as they help me keep moving forward.

I ordered new wheels. I have to bring in my spare spindle time the wheel shop with the M4 caliper on it with the M4 disc to see if the new wheels clear (I suspect not), and if not, how large a spacer I need. I need to get the calipers painted and longer front brake lines with an L bracket (vendors anyone?). So yeah, I’m also retrofitting the M4 front brakes. I’m using an early E46 M3 master to retain proper brake bias.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. Happy holidays. Feels good to just kind of share.
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 12-28-2021 at 12:47 PM.

I’ve regularly touted on my channel I want to make my car faster than an E92 M3. I can’t do that with this motor, so I’m also going to pre-wire my car for the engine I’ve chosen while I’m dropping a harness in.
    Oh are you dropping in a M57? Car Throttle built an E46 faster than the E92 M3 with that engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHcoiycrJw

I loved that series so much when it came out! But no, no diesel for me.

He's going backwards and turning his 3 into a 2 probably lol

I subbed, but I don't do yt much. Only when I'm researching something or need something in the bg that I don't need to pay attention to lol

Totally fair, I understand. I’ll post to Instagram too. 2022 will be my year!

My vision for the build is that the E46 design feels timeless. A little understated. The big drive for a newer car for me would be technology and power. So I figured, it’s cheaper, more unique and more fun to just bring power and technology to my E46. I also just love the way E46 feels to drive. It’s why it’s the only car I’ve ever owned. I was hooked after the first one.

Totally fair, I understand. I’ll post to Instagram too. 2022 will be my year!

My vision for the build is that the E46 design feels timeless. A little understated. The big drive for a newer car for me would be technology and power. So I figured, it’s cheaper, more unique and more fun to just bring power and technology to my E46. I also just love the way E46 feels to drive. It’s why it’s the only car I’ve ever owned. I was hooked after the first one.
    Speaking of bringing tech to the E46, this is on my shopping list and based on your description you might enjoy it too: https://id4motion.shop/blogs/bmw-3-s...luster-signals

Once it comes out I'll get it to have the race skin, I don't care at all for the other skins.

Dear god yes I’m in love. I was thinking of bringing over the digital F30 cluster but this makes more sense.

Edit: curious how that works. Surely the stock cluster still lives in the car. I thought it was the center brain

Dear god yes I’m in love. I was thinking of bringing over the digital F30 cluster but this makes more sense.

Edit: curious how that works. Surely the stock cluster still lives in the car. I thought it was the center brain
    No it completely replaces the stock cluster. Fully plug n play. Another reason why it's so attractive since going back to stock is so easy.

Page 2556 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 155620562456250625462554255525562557255825662606 ... LastLast