Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2576 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15762076247625262566257425752576257725782586 ... LastLast
Results 25,751 to 25,760 of 26150

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Just finished doing transmission refresh with new gasket and filter due to having a gasket leak. Think I found my issue to be a poor mating surface, so I scotch padded the sump and tranny mating surfaces to get all the bumps and imperfections out. Torqued all the bolts sequentially and 5-6L of LiquiMoly ATF.
    Also, turns out this leak was a blessing in disguise. When filling the sump while the engine was running, I saw a profuse fuel leak from one of the hoses emerging from the fuel filter. I don’t know how long it’s been leaking, but I’m kinda upset I didn’t notice this before. 92 octane is a commodity these days and I’m not tryna waste that shit Tightened down the crimp on the hose and no more leak. Will definitely keep an eye on it though going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by papa_g; 06-05-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Ordered Eldor coils for the zhp.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Swapped brake pads for Laguna Seca. Unfortunately, EBC Yellow now has a complicated brake-in I couldn't properly complete in time and left me with a mushy pedal for the weekend. There was no confidence in the brakes. Very light pressure for the first 1-2 inches, and then all the modulation over the next three inches. No real bite. I lost a lot of time due to my lack of confidence in the brakes, but still got close to my desired target time of a 1:51.6.

Last time I was there in a 328Ci. Manual vs auto, LSD vs open, Spherical RTAB vs poly, 235hp vs 193hp, 360TW vs 300TW...but that's it. I'd say out of that entire list, the horsepower is likely the largest difference. However last time I got a 1:55.x, so I think 2-3 seconds were some driver mods . Later in the afternoon I played with late-braking turn 2 which is when I learned how much more braking I had available, but by then I was super tired and lacked the focus needed to link it altogether. If you are in California, Laguna is truly the most fun-spirited track.

I also picked up some M3 spindles. They make my F80 front brakes plug and play. I'm still debating how I'll divvy up my car budget this month: brakes or sound system.

Replaced ignition coils yesterday. I’m pretty sure they were original (210k miles). Engine revs more smoothly and a pleasant surprise was that the 4k dip isn’t noticeable as much now, which I wasn’t expecting.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Replaced ignition coils yesterday. I’m pretty sure they were original (210k miles). Engine revs more smoothly and a pleasant surprise was that the 4k dip isn’t noticeable as much now, which I wasn’t expecting.

Same thing happened to me. 4k dip completely disappeared after switching to Eldor. Had 160k on my original coils when they failed.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Same thing happened to me. 4k dip completely disappeared after switching to Eldor. Had 160k on my original coils when they failed.
    I might have to get a set to swap in when it comes time to do coil maintenance for my ZHP.

I purchased the G.A.S. CCV kit Roylan (REF84) had for sale today . . . looking forward to installing this kit on my ZHP Also ordered an HVAC relocation kit for my upcoming AVIN4 head unit install to complete my stereo upgrade for this car
    Last edited by cakM3; 06-17-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Yup, I’ve also noticed that I’m subconsciously shifting up at higher rpms cause I don’t notice the dip and how freely it revs. It’s also one of the easiest DIYs we can do on our cars!

I wonder how many people are noticing this when switching over to Eldor coils? Also wondering if the 4k dip will come back over time or not after switching to Eldor coils?

Curious as well!

~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

If the dip does ever come back due to coils not performing like new, FCP warranty FTW!

Page 2576 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15762076247625262566257425752576257725782586 ... LastLast