Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2595 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15952095249525452585259325942595259625972605 ... LastLast
Results 25,941 to 25,950 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Owned my car for almost 8 years and just found out my LCM is SW 3.6. After driving so many rental cars for work, triple blink is the one thing I missed - going to be coding that soon, my 13 year old coding laptop is charging from a dead battery

Edit: Argh jumped the gun, only 4.0+ can be coded easily. 3.6 needs to be flashed: https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...tware.1250073/
    If triple blink is what you're after, you may want to consider getting a bluebus bluetooth module instead. Aside from providing bluetooth connectivity to your car (and integrating the steering wheel controls, head unit display, etc) it also allows you to change a few vehicle parameters such as the number of turn signal blinks. I set it to 3 initially, and then changed it to 5. I think you can go all the way up to 8 blinks. The changes are made using the buttons on your business CD head unit, and it's also compatible with the factory nav head unit.

https://www.bluebus.dev/

No affiliation, it's just an awesome product.

So I am trying to troubleshoot a "leak" in the floor of my ZHP

My 2004 ZHP is not my daily driver anymore so it sits more than it is driven. But it is my airport car because it can fit in a small(er) parking spots.

So my last trip during the holiday, when I returned it was super cold so I turned on the rear defroster. It did not defrost the whole window, only little "strips". I thought the defroster was going, but when I got home and investigated, the issue was lots of moisture on the INSIDE of the rear window.

But the back deck was not wet, nor were any of the seats. I lifted up the floormats on the passenger side (I have the original rubber BMW mats) and nothing front or rear. But on the driver's side it was sopping wet both front and rear!

The windows weren't "cracked" open a bit or anything like that, and if they were, I would have expected wet seats. I went home and tried to soak up the water with towels. There was quite a bit of water in the carpeting. To really dry it out, I laid down paper towels and then spread out rice on the towels, covered it with another layer of paper towels, and then put the floor mats on top of the whole thing, trying to force the moisture into the rice kernels. After two days, lots of soggy rice in between the paper towels!

I then took a hair dryer to dry it off completely.

So now the frustrating news. I took the car out for a drive on a rainy day and checked the floor boards again the next day. Sopping wet again in the front driver area, but nothing (thankfully) in the rear driver area.

I think I have a crack in my floorboard and am going to check it out.

Has anyone had this happen to them? I don't think it is coming from the engine compartment, because the "top" of the carpeting in the footwell area is dry. it is only the bottom that is wet.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Yeah, but it requires buying that programmer and taking apart the LCM to solder to the board... not worth it to me and I'm also too lazy haha
    I have a 4.0 literally lying around. If you come out to one of the CCA meets, I’ll just give it to you

Quote Originally Posted by ///Mark_D View Post
    If triple blink is what you're after, you may want to consider getting a bluebus bluetooth module instead. Aside from providing bluetooth connectivity to your car (and integrating the steering wheel controls, head unit display, etc) it also allows you to change a few vehicle parameters such as the number of turn signal blinks. I set it to 3 initially, and then changed it to 5. I think you can go all the way up to 8 blinks. The changes are made using the buttons on your business CD head unit, and it's also compatible with the factory nav head unit.

https://www.bluebus.dev/

No affiliation, it's just an awesome product.
    It is a very cool product, and kudos to the guy who developed it (also open-source as well!). I'm not enough of an audiophile to change from my existing $10 bluetooth setup though. I do envy how well it is integrated with everything else, along with the triple blink functionality...

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I have a 4.0 literally lying around. If you come out to one of the CCA meets, I’ll just give it to you
    Oooooooooo, might have to take you up on that when the weather gets better! Can also grab food on me after
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I feel that, still have the original on mine and it's like looking at the stars, but during the day.
    I've got rock chips on the inside and outside, haha. I also have a bunch of small craters in my headliner... should've masked up the interior way more than I did when I got the Vincebar in

I replaced the ZHP windshield at the dealer around 2 years ago. It was $692 OTD (parts = $473, labor = $180, tax = $39).
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I've got rock chips on the inside and outside, haha. I also have a bunch of small craters in my headliner... should've masked up the interior way more than I did when I got the Vincebar in
    Who installed your vincebar? I just purchased this: https://cmpautoengineering.com/colle...r-weld-in-beam

Oooooooooo, might have to take you up on that when the weather gets better! Can also grab food on me after
    Sounds good! I'll PM you next time we have a meet...worth going to. Soemthing something weather, as I'm sure you're aware.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Who installed your vincebar? I just purchased this: https://cmpautoengineering.com/colle...r-weld-in-beam
    Wow... that's basically the rear portion of the vincebar, but much cheaper. Wish that was around when I did mine - vincebar was basically the only option at the time, and not a lot of people had it.

I did it over a long weekend with a friend in his garage!

Wow... that's basically the rear portion of the vincebar, but much cheaper. Wish that was around when I did mine - vincebar was basically the only option at the time, and not a lot of people had it.

I did it over a long weekend with a friend in his garage!

If your friend likes more money than 0 but less than a shop, please pm me! I still live in constant fear. I also ripped my sway bar off and need new mounts installed if that’s up his ally. I need to pay SOMEONE to do these things, but it can be him if he wants. Also as standard, I can provide food for the job and company! If you guys like to geek out, I can show y’all my office bench. I made it all fit in an Amazon box.

And yes, it’s a much cheaper Vince bar. I was actually in the middle of developing one, but then I found this and realized it’s a fantastic product. I’d rather promote it than compete with it. If you read his blog, the research he did was phenomenal.

Page 2595 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15952095249525452585259325942595259625972605 ... LastLast