Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I will just hang with you guys, you seem to have it all covered, but I can hold my own.

DIY preventative
    wheel refinish/road rash removal
    Ipod integration
    HomeLink controller install

I have working knowledge of the whole coding process with NCS etc. That said, if anyone near chicago wants any settings changed feel free to hit me up. I've done the front control arms and vanos, but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it

Hopefully, if I can convince myself that a random orbital is a worthwhile investment, I'll be a detailing expert by the end of the summer!

Good stuff, Ryan.

You might be able to help out here http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...W-DIS-Software
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    I have working knowledge of the whole coding process with NCS etc. That said, if anyone near chicago wants any settings changed feel free to hit me up. I've done the front control arms and vanos, but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it

Hopefully, if I can convince myself that a random orbital is a worthwhile investment, I'll be a detailing expert by the end of the summer!
    Excellent to have you on the team.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'm fairly new to the E46 but have plenty of experience with BMWs. I have no issues diving into a cooling system rebuild or brakes I'll even do a clutch. VANOS systems are something I haven't gotten into yet but I'm not afraid to. In fact, its one thing that I want to do. I would say I'm about a medium experienced mechanic with the want and capacity to learn.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Sounds like we've got a good list of capable people on the forum. Awesome.

Like most I'd be comfortable working under the hood and replacing suspension parts. I have no experience with reprogramming or exhausts. Exhausts is something I'd like to learn.

I've DIY'd nearly all mods on my car, including paint prep and spraying primer (I left the actual color spraying to the pro). I learned a lot about paint and would feel comfortable doing chip touch ups and prepping another car for paint. And I can spray bomb anything, wheels, trim, ect.

I also love detailing my car, and have tried a variety of products (nearly anything you buy at the local automotive store). Eagle one wash, and quick detailer are the great. Meguiars clay bar is awesome. And anything Zaino (with hand polishing, and available online only) is amazing. Still trying products, but that's what I've got so far.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Wow, lots of skill in the family!

I feel confident about looking into any DIY that comes my way, but here's what I've done so far:
    • basic maintenance (oil, filters, bulbs, wipers, wheel swap/rotation)
    • brake pads, rotors, sensors (not so good with bleeding yet . . . )
    • CDV delete
    • "plug-&-play" mods/retrofits: HomeLink, OEM Bluetooth, DIY aux-in & aux power

I consider myself considerably competent with computer hardware & software; I plan to translate that into DIY ECU diagnostics & coding.

I'm a little shy with anything engine internals & suspension-related (i.e. VANOS, DISA, LCAB, etc.) but hope to change that!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    I have no experience with reprogramming or exhausts. Exhausts is something I'd like to learn.
    Unless you are doing the pipe bending and self fitting, exhaust is simple. The guys who do custom work with bending and welding have mad skills. I've seen a good exhaust man 'eyeball' an entire dual exhaust system on a pick-up before. That was cool.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

1. Detailing.
    I can help you learn on a Porter Cable, or move up to a rotary if you're ready. Explain simple polishing mechanics, what polishes to use when. Pad/Polish Combos. Provide experience with different Glazes, Sealants, Waxes. General Detailing questions: Wheel Cleaning, Engine Bay, Exhaust Tips, Trim, Windows, Interior, Leather Care, Carpets...etc.

2. Lighting
    Help with disassembly and re-assembly of headlights. Wiring AE's.
    Help with Wiring Resistors for LEDs.
    General Cosmetic Lighting.

3. Minor Auto-X Experience
    Mainly help class cars and teach basics.

4. Hardwiring radar detectors.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast