Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Well, I haven't done much to the zhp but I can and have done just about anything mechanically that is not internal. Internal as Ive gone is waterpumps and timing belts and distributors. Pretty good finding shorts in electrics and hooking up stereos. Like I said most everything except internals of the engine, but I have an m20b25 in my back yard mocking me to open it up and make it capable of turbo.

Detailing-exterior, interior, engine bay, undercarriage, trunk, wheels and all other cleaning. I own a Porter Cable and have paint correction experience

Lighting-angel eyes install, clears all around, interior and exterior bulbs. Also non BMW, but I have installed Audi fog lights on my VW, with rear fog and the euro switch. A really cool VW mod

Maintenance- Cooling system overhaul
    Oil Changes
    Belt
    Tranny and Diff fluids
    Parking brake adjust
    CDV
    other stuff

Mods- Dice link
    Angel eyes as mentioned
    Many interior mods
    M dead pedal
    Splitters install
    other stuff here too

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Well, I haven't done much to the zhp but I can and have done just about anything mechanically that is not internal. Internal as Ive gone is waterpumps and timing belts and distributors. Pretty good finding shorts in electrics and hooking up stereos. Like I said most everything except internals of the engine, but I have an m20b25 in my back yard mocking me to open it up and make it capable of turbo.
    Get yourself an engine stand and some space in the garage (or shed) and tear that puppy down. Nothing like hands on learning.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Hmmm,

I've done a little bit of everything including but not limited to

-Motor swaps
    -Clutch Jobs
    -Engine Timing (M54's as well)
    -DME flashing

The only thing I haven't tackled but really want to work on is building my own 700HP engine wether BMW or not from the ground up coupled to a straight cut sequential transmission.
    I would also like to be able to weld and C&C my own parts.

If only I had the time and resources to do so... Realistically that will probably have to wait until I retire and I am 65 yrs old. I doubt gas engines will even exist by then... lol oh well.

So...VA...my brosef...have you done an E46 clutch?

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So...VA...my brosef...have you done an E46 clutch?

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Not personally, But it is no different then a VW jetta, VW golf,944's, 924's, e30, or 05' S4 (which calls for 13 hours book time at the audi dealership and knocked it out in exactly 13 hours with an hour lunch) clutches I have replaced.

Albeit, e46 clutch replacements are much simpler then many of the ones I've listed.

OK......I have added you to my future maintenance contact list...lol.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have done an e36 clutch and I'm pretty sure there isn't a whole lot of difference. If you need some help, I'm not afraid to drive up there.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate. Hacked Droid FTW!
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    OK......I have added you to my future maintenance contact list...lol.
    Sounds good! I'd be glad to lend a hand!

1.(Extreme Detailing) I am extremely obsessive with keeping my car spotless and would like to think of myself as very skilled when it comes to cleaning my car inside and out. Its one of my hobbies lol.
    2. (Preventative maintenance) I love this type of maintenance because it keeps me busy with my car here and there. My buddy has a nice garage with a nice set of tools so we do a lot on our cars and friends cars in there. We also did a timing belt and water pump job on my old Jetta GLI in there which I was very proud of!

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast