Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    These are the tires I'm getting very soon after my friend highly recommending me them. Good to know others have owned these tires. They seem like they are one of the best all seasons for the winter.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

My impression since I'm in the northeast. I had them on my XI and they were great in all weather. My only concern with them is the sidewall being so soft. I had a set and three months later I had bubbles all over each tire. They got replaced due to factory road hazard. A few weeks later one tire had a hole on the inner sidewall. Again replaced by manufacture road hazard. All work was done at town fair tire. They honored the road hazard after I showed it to them. I think if I were to get another set it would have to be stretch a little over the rim so the sidewall doesn't stick out so far.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Great tires, but definitely flat spotted for first few miles of my drive this morning.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Flat spotted?
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

5. Most high performance tires will flat-spot in the cold. It's just the way it is.
    ZHP Registry - stats and free classifieds.

When I had dws, they got flat spots on them overnight. Went away after the tires warmed up.

I did like them because they were one of the best all season tired I had. But I prefer summer tires.

Personally I had them and they were good tires. The Michelin pilot sport a/s I have now I feel are a lot better performance wise and in the snow.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

I just put these on the zetchpa, and I think they are great so far. Quiet, comfortable, but seem to have some good grip. Are they the best tires you can buy? No, but they are great tires for the price.
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

Initial Impressions of Conti ExtremeContact DWS

When we replaced the Michelins on the X5 with DWS, we noticed the soft sidewall as soon as we left the lot. We Had to replace 1 tire under warranty after hitting a nasty pothole.
    Since installing a year ago, we've gotten used to the sidewalls
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    DWS is a good tire - I am happy with them in most cases, but the amount of overnight flat spotting is atrocious.
    And it happens even in warm weather, after sitting for a couple of days.
    Then again, that is a side effect of having such good wet/light snow performance, probably.

How many miles (under normal daily driving conditions) would you guys say one should reasonably expect from a set of DWS (staggered)?

Although I like them, I am not 100% sure if I would buy again, due to the flat spotting; I was hoping the General G-Max was going to be a good AS UHP alternative, but it seems they're now being made in mexico and portugal and do not have the same quality as in the begnning when they came out. (Made in Germany at that time). I read somewhere, production was shifted to different countries due to poor demand...

If there's no decent alt. AS UHP/HP when time to change tires again come around, I'd still have to go with DWS but I am hoping we'll have a larger variety in this category in the OEM staggered sizes.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast