Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'04 ZHP 4-dr, 6-spd, Blk, nat brwn interior, blk cube, 56k miles, $14995, atlanta GA

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Saw this on autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=7&Log=0

From their carfax it has a clean record and two owners. It looks really good. 1st owner took good care of her changing oil every 6-7k miles. Not sure about the second though (every 10k miles?). Worth to check out IMO.

Way to run that fuel tank....all the way to zero. Wouldn't want to leave a lil gas in it, now would we?...hehe.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Way to run that fuel tank....all the way to zero. Wouldn't want to leave a lil gas in it, now would we?...hehe.
    To dealership:

Wow, good catch! I always keep at least 1/4 tank. I hear running on fumes tends to burn out the fuel pump, can introduce more water/moisture in the tank, etc...

Yep, great way to clog up your pump and fuel filter.

Where was this when my ZHP got totalled in Atlanta ...........oh well

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Where was this when my ZHP got totalled in Atlanta ...........oh well
    Eh, you're in an AMG now! Well, you can always change your mind. A lot of members seem to go through many ZHPs here - we all learn from our mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Yep, great way to clog up your pump and fuel filter.

I don't understand where the logic is that it will clogg the fuel pump. Do you mind explaining a bit how this is? I never realized its possible to clog the fuel filter with an empty tank.

From my understanding, since a fuel pump is constantly submerged, it most likely was designed to use the gasoline to cool it down as well. If there is barely any liquid in the tank, the pump has a risk of overheating. This is what I always though of why you shouldn't run the gas all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I don't understand where the logic is that it will clogg the fuel pump. Do you mind explaining a bit how this is? I never realized its possible to clog the fuel filter with an empty tank.

From my understanding, since a fuel pump is constantly submerged, it most likely was designed to use the gasoline to cool it down as well. If there is barely any liquid in the tank, the pump has a risk of overheating. This is what I always though of why you shouldn't run the gas all the way down.
    I believe that the theory is this - if the fuel level is run way, way down, there is less fuel in the tank to keep any dirt/sediment suspended above the pickup screen at the bottom of the fuel pump. When the fluid level drops, the concentration of all of the dirt/sediment right near the pickup point increases, making the fuel pump more susceptible to contamination.

Besides that, I am sure you know how much fuel starvation sucks at the track!

-Brettski

Anyone here know a ZHP'er who is local and can take a look at the car and report back? Please pm me, not the color I was looking for and doesn't have the cold weather pkg but mileage and overall conditions looks pretty good from the pics.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    I believe that the theory is this - if the fuel level is run way, way down, there is less fuel in the tank to keep any dirt/sediment suspended above the pickup screen at the bottom of the fuel pump. When the fluid level drops, the concentration of all of the dirt/sediment right near the pickup point increases, making the fuel pump more susceptible to contamination.

Besides that, I am sure you know how much fuel starvation sucks at the track!
    I've replaced my fuel pump at around 107k, and I didn't see much as far as dirt in the fuel tank. But anyways, yes fuel starvation on corners is a pain.

Hopefully can help Fender out here. Looks like a lovely car to get

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast