Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I also imagine that Dave will give a price break to ZHP Mafia members in San Diego. I can't speak for him, though, so I'll have to let Dave say it.

Oh.....so its a rouse against people who are from VA, visiting SD?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah - can't have those dirty sailors from nawfolk mingling with the dirty sailors in san diego.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Using my best Jack (from Jack in the Box) voice: yep.

Lol..........naaaaaaaaaaaawfak. You guys crack me up.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

That is some ridiculous persuasion!! How about painting my car Laguna Blue!!!!!!!! love that color.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    That is some ridiculous persuasion!! How about painting my car Laguna Blue!!!!!!!! love that color.
    I've always had a way with helping people realize what they really want to do. I asked some pointed questions and next thing you know Dave was set on imola red.

Can't wait to see the results!!!
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

All of you considering changing your car's color, let me give you a bit of advice from experience. Please don't...

My E30 was Zinnoberrot when it started life. When it was resprayed in 2007, it became Brilliantrot. The difference in color, technically, isn't all that much, but you could easily tell it was resprayed because of the minor color difference. This detracted from the overall appeal of the respray.

Plus, if you respray to another color, resale value goes down the tubes. I know most of us would never considering selling our cars, but you never know if the time will come where you might become desperate for cash and have to sell. In that case, the difference in selling value could potentially be a few thousand, depending on how well it was done.

OP,
    Since you're changing color and it's going to be obvious in some areas, I would strongly advise you spray the engine bay as well. I see you already have the door jambs covered - which is good - but leaving the engine bay unchanged, in my opinion, wouldn't be a wise move. Eventually you'll come to the point where you will think "why oh why didn't I spray the bay"... It will most certainly come up if you go to any car meets. People will be asking "why is your engine bay black?".
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579
    All of you considering changing your car's color, let me give you a bit of advice from experience. Please don't...

My E30 was Zinnoberrot when it started life. When it was resprayed in 2007, it became Brilliantrot. The difference in color, technically, isn't all that much, but you could easily tell it was resprayed because of the minor color difference. This detracted from the overall appeal of the respray.

Plus, if you respray to another color, resale value goes down the tubes. I know most of us would never considering selling our cars, but you never know if the time will come where you might become desperate for cash and have to sell. In that case, the difference in selling value could potentially be a few thousand, depending on how well it was done.

OP,
    Since you're changing color and it's going to be obvious in some areas, I would strongly advise you spray the engine bay as well. I see you already have the door jambs covered - which is good - but leaving the engine bay unchanged, in my opinion, wouldn't be a wise move. Eventually you'll come to the point where you will think "why oh why didn't I spray the bay"... It will most certainly come up if you go to any car meets. People will be asking "why is your engine bay black?".
    I talked to Dave today. As a general principle, he agrees with you, BP.

For his particular situation, though, he says he's not concerned with those issues. The car is 10 years old. It has 120,000 miles on it. He does not plan to sell it. He's driving it until the wheels fall off, he said.

As for the engine bay, he is not painting it. A BMW Indy shop will charge 10 hours on each side of the tear down/reinstall. Moreover, he said, he doesn't expect to have his hood open too often. It's not a show car. If he thought the hood would be open enough, though, he likely would spray it.

This particular paint job has been well done. It's getting three coats of primer before any paint is applied. One will not be able to tell that there was a different color underneath (unless someone lifts the hood, which won't happen much).

But, yes, if you thought you were going to sell the car, or you were concerned about questions arising because the mismatched engine bay, he would repaint the car in jet black, its original color.

Good advice, BP.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast