Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I talked to Dave today. As a general principle, he agrees with you, BP.

For his particular situation, though, he says he's not concerned with those issues. The car is 10 years old. It has 120,000 miles on it. He does not plan to sell it. He's driving it until the wheels fall off, he said.

As for the engine bay, he is not painting it. A BMW Indy shop will charge 10 hours on each side of the tear down/reinstall. Moreover, he said, he doesn't expect to have his hood open too often. It's not a show car. If he thought the hood would be open enough, though, he likely would spray it.

This particular paint job has been well done. It's getting three coats of primer before any paint is applied. One will not be able to tell that there was a different color underneath (unless someone lifts the hood, which won't happen much).

But, yes, if you thought you were going to sell the car, or you were concerned about questions arising because the mismatched engine bay, he would repaint the car in jet black, its original color.

Good advice, BP.
    ^this!!!
    :

It looks like candy! You're quite talented with a spray gun!

Quote Originally Posted by jvr826
    It looks like candy! You're quite talented with a spray gun!
    It's even better in person, Jeff. I'm impressed by these guys. Dave and his brother are partners. They both bring something to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Imola FOR THE WIN.

Looks awesome!! Cant wait to see the results!

I wish I was there so I could get my front end resprayed and splitters installed.

let the sanding begin....

Fun times, Dave.

I'm going on vacation for a week. You better be done before I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Fun times, Dave.

I'm going on vacation for a week. You better be done before I get back.
    I'll make sure it gets done! Can't be driving this guy for a extra week! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post

Also....what does that cost? Ballpark.
    Are you able to answer? Or no?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, I asked them about this today. Every car is different, they say, but a good ballpark starting place is $3000-$3500 for a full paint job. Depending on what you want, and just how detailed you want it, cost can be higher.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast