Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What a timely thread and OP I'm not trying to hijack it but I need some clarification.

I'm now on my 6th day of ZHP ownership and still figuring things out. Till today I had this nagging feeling something might be wrong with my tranny because every time I put the car into reverse to back out of the garage I'd hear this odd hissing noise. I was like "oh hell, don't tell me this thing has a f'd up tranny. I just figured out this morning it's the friggin passenger side mirror tilting down! At that point I thought it might be some sort of feature, but why? Who needs to look at the ground while backing up?

So here is my question, is the tilting down in reverse normal or is this a malfunction? If it's a malfunction what is causing it? Is it broken hardware or is there a setting in software to fix it?

My bad I didnt clarify... the clone will only be used for the first or second dates, u know, the "remedial" stuff... not for the good stuff....
    __________________________________________________ ____
    2003 ZHP 4dr | 145,000 miles (ACTUAL before RIP) | BBS 17"
    Hankook Ventus V12
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17 Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 XL
    [ Staggered on square (17x8.5 +38) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    What a timely thread and OP I'm not trying to hijack it but I need some clarification.

I'm now on my 6th day of ZHP ownership and still figuring things out. Till today I had this nagging feeling something might be wrong with my tranny because every time I put the car into reverse to back out of the garage I'd hear this odd hissing noise. I was like "oh hell, don't tell me this thing has a f'd up tranny. I just figured out this morning it's the friggin passenger side mirror tilting down! At that point I thought it might be some sort of feature, but why? Who needs to look at the ground while backing up?

So here is my question, is the tilting down in reverse normal or is this a malfunction? If it's a malfunction what is causing it? Is it broken hardware or is there a setting in software to fix it?
    This is a feature, used for parallel parking. Helps to look at the curb to see how close you are, prevents curbing the wheels.

Sent from my hybrid iPhone 4/4S...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Dathaeus,

I see in your sig you have 17 iinch wheels. Did you put those on or did it come that way? I would assume it would have better ride quality than the 18's.

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    This is a feature, used for parallel parking. Helps to look at the curb to see how close you are, prevents curbing the wheels.
    Ahh. Makes sense. Thanks.

Ahh. Makes sense. Thanks.
    And can be deactivivated while backing up, by putting the selector switch in the drivers position...I believe.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    And can be deactivivated while backing up, by putting the selector switch in the drivers position...I believe.
    Are you talking about the side mirror selector switch on the driver door that selects which mirror to adjust? I thought it already was in the driver's position but I'll check it to make sure. Thanks.

Are you talking about the side mirror selector switch on the driver door that selects which mirror to adjust? I thought it already was in the driver's position but I'll check it to make sure. Thanks.
    Yes. One position will disable that auto feature.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dathaeus,

I see in your sig you have 17 iinch wheels. Did you put those on or did it come that way? I would assume it would have better ride quality than the 18's.
    It was an upgrade the last owner put in... its funny, when people who know cars look at mine, the BBS's are the FIRST thing they notice, lol... I didnt know it was such a big deal but apparently it weighs less by like over 5lbs per wheel, and thus performs better. I always thought with decent HP the larger wheels are better, but there seems to be a fine balance between, car's HP, weight of car and wheels, and wheel size. Of course if u have a Porsche with 500HP, I think the 19"-20" aluminums will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    People told me to leave it in the passenger adjust position ("right" [not left] position)... I guess that makes sense since the sensor will think you are trying to adjust it so the auto-tilt will leave it alone... anyways for mine that doesnt work either, it is corrupted beyond that.
    Hankook Ventus V12

Well Jon who hails from the land of Jupiter graciously helped me disengage the ribbon that controls the passenger side mirror, so I set it manually and now I am good to go... anyone else who drives my car (VERY rare) will just have to deal with it.

And for some really ODD reason, when he tried programming one of my new keys at his place, it worked immediately.... wwwwwwwwwwwwtfffffffffff? I tried like 50 times at least, with all different combos of clicking over my shoulder, doing it from the outside and bringing the key all the way to the rear sensor and clicking, to turning it in the ignition once - 5 times, etc., etc.... so I went home to see if it were a fluke, and I programmed my other new key, and bam, it worked, and now I got both new keys FULLY working with the remote. My old key that came with the car is sadly dead, I think there is another connection I severed when took it apart that I couldnt notice, so it'll work as a nice third spare with my valet key, but I'm happy! I just wish I knew why it didnt work before... I honestly cant think of anything that changed except for the initial location where we tried, i.e., his place vs mine. But the the second one worked at my place so even that doesnt make sense. I know I should be glad it works, but the scientist/engineer in me still has a very sour taste in his mouth, and I dont believe in ghost, unless I happen to see one for myself.
    Hankook Ventus V12

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast