Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Early Morning and My ZHP

Was up early to go to the pool for a swim. Now, maybe it was that first cup of freshly ground and brewed coffee that was coursing through my veins, maybe it was the fact that I had the road all to myself for a few precious moments, maybe the stars and planets were perfectly aligned, maybe the e46 Gods were smiling down on my orient blue ZHP, I'm not sure but for a few moments this morning my whip was perfect. The in line six hummed its mellifluous song and that incredible chasis held me and the road just right. Man, I was so happy to own this car.
    Last edited by echo46; 01-17-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Was?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Correction--"am"

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Indeed, DW, that was exactly what I looked like this morning.

I have these moments... probably on a monthly basis. Love it!

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

I have this moment every time I drive.
    (Then again, I can also be satisfied driving this car slow, so it doesn't take much )
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Correction--"am"
    =)

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Ah yeah!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I had the same feeling last week on my way to work. Just a normal Tuesday, but the commute into Princeton was not nearly as congested as it typically is. I was able to drive spiritedly - enjoying the hills and turns of the backroads that I take into town. I got to work and felt the need to utter some variation of the following words to my colleague: "the ZHP is just the perfect car - everything a driving enthusiast can ask for".

I've owned many e46's over the years, including several ZHP's. I've always found a reason to 'upgrade' (though I now know that was not the case) to newer / faster / more economical, etc...I've had a few e90's in 328i and 335i trim, 135i convertible, even an e39 M5. Each time I found myself regretting, almost instantly, the fact that I was no longer driving a ZHP. The one I've landed two months ago is here to stay for good!

My next dilemma is that I feel guilty racking up commuter miles on a relatively low mileage (60k) pristine ZHP. Trying to justify a cheap daily driver, especially for bad weather. However, the reality is, I'd probably want to drive the ZHP every day...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast