Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

...urge to kill... RISING...

Ugh.

Last couple days have seen some lousy luck for Echo an' me.

Tuesday night my fuel pump died while we were on our way to dinner. At the time I didn't know what exactly was going wrong since the car wasn't throwing any codes, it was just acting like it wasn't getting gas... so I opted to have it towed to the BMW dealership where I bought the car. I figure their diagnostic capabilities would be better than an indy.

So, that ended up being a non-starter (pardon the pun) for me. They wanted $900 for what youtube has convinced me is a half hour job with a $180 part... so, I opted to have the car towed back to my place, where I'll do the work myself with the new pump from Turner Motorsport that will be arriving tomorrow.

Oh, and one more thing: Somewhere, between the location where my car was picked up and when it was delivered to the dealer four hours later, my rear bumper went from looking like this:

to this:

Luckily since I have these photos, the towing company and AAA are eager to handle the bumper replacement for me, no questions asked. But still, it's a lot of hoops that I wasn't too happy to jump through.

On that note, I want to make sure I have a proper M-tech II put back in its place; is Khoalty still the best place to get a new rear bumper assembly?

Oh, and because I can't just leave things hanging on a sour note, I'll share this minor silver lining -- while Echo's out of commission, I'm borrowing this lil' guy from my girlfriend's dad:

It's a 2006 base model with a tiptronic transmission, which I loathe, but this car handles like a f***ing demon. A demon with velcro-made-of-super-glue hands. Yay for the bright side of things!

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Damn. Sorry to hear all this. At least you have something to drive for free, and its not an econo box. Good luck with the repair.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Yay for the bright side. Either Khoalty or several other places where you could go OEM like Tischner, etc.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Damn that sucks. Good thing you had pictures. Is the actual bumper damaged or just the diffuser? Maybe something to check out after you get your check lol

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

John, don't you have your stock diffuser laying around somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Is the actual bumper damaged or just the diffuser?
    Well, there was some minor preexisting damage to the upper part of the bumper cover, though some new damage definitely occurred up there as well, so the time really is right to just get the whole thing replaced...

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

OEM or bust. They did it, they can fix it properly.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I have a front bumper from umnitza. Excellent quality. Perfect fit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    I have a front bumper from umnitza. Excellent quality. Perfect fit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    #needsrear
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Sucks about the bumper, id make them go oem unless you are looking to pocket a little bit? On another note that fuel pump should be no issue whatsoever once it comes in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast