Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dang, I bet when they lowered the back end at the dealership, that stinger arm just smashed the bumper from underneath. Glad they're working it out for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ideally they would be trailered due to the clearance in front.
    Coincidentally, when I money shifted, the tow truck hooked me up the same way as in this thread, but damn it if he wasn't the best driver I'd ever met. He brought it back to my apartment, and "backed" the car into my spot perfectly on the first try in about all of 15 seconds.

Thanks for all the info / encouragement, guys!

Things are never quite as easy as they should be - the towing company manager is trying to lowball me by saying that they only damaged the lower valance, so that's all they want to replace. Luckily again I have more pictures from just a couple days earlier that show that the damage above the lower portion was not there until this whole fiasco. I'm probably going to wait until the AAA claims agent gets in touch with me so I have a little more leverage on my side, because this guy is going to be a pain in the ass.

I don't mind driving around with the cracked bumper for the time being, but thanks for the offer anyway, John!

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Urge to kill... falling.

Got my new fuel pump installed on Saturday; it was an incredibly easy job, done within a half hour... though I did have to do it twice - I accidentally moved a crucial rubber gasket out of position when I mounted the new pump, which caused me to leak a fair bit of gas after my first tank fill. So, I had to yank it and re-fit the gasket. All working now

Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

If you're not doing anything tonight JupiterBMW (Jon), johnrando and I are meeting for dinner / drinks in Long Beach. We don't have a time or place set but it would be great to get some more Mafia out.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Oh man, thanks for the invite! I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out this time though, we've been entertaining out of town guests for the last couple weeks and might need a little downtime before I can get back out. I'll get in touch if things are looking good later!

Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

If you're not doing anything tonight JupiterBMW (Jon), johnrando and I are meeting for dinner / drinks in Long Beach. We don't have a time or place set but it would be great to get some more Mafia out.
    Yes definitely try and come out tonight. Last I talked to him, I think JP was planning on coming up too.

If not, next time for sure!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Just to put a little resolution on this:

The towing company took care of replacing my rear bumper over the weekend; they did a stellar job, and I have to say... for all the shit they gave me in the beginning, they really made it right when push came to shove. All better!

Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Quote Originally Posted by RITmusic2k View Post
    Just to put a little resolution on this:

The towing company took care of replacing my rear bumper over the weekend; they did a stellar job, and I have to say... for all the shit they gave me in the beginning, they really made it right when push came to shove. All better!

Nice to hear they made it right and your happy!

Sent from my fancy telephone!

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

Phew!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

With an OEM parts, I hope?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast